Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shunning is still a thing!

Dingus McGirt

Just now, Cynjin said:

It is being reported that McDaniels agent is now shunning him.

Well how can he go to bat for the guy. I mean honestly...he has lost a lot of credibility through all this as well. Another victim in this thing. This is the only thing he can do is distance himself so that in the future when he speaks on behalf of one of his clients that his word means something. Poor guy.

11 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Wow...it's starting to get ugly for McD!

He says he wants to stay in NE for the good of his family, but I wonder how much of a pay raise (& incentives) Kraft is providing?  Any word on that yet?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356403/meeting-bill-belichick-convinced-josh-mcdaniels-change-mind

According to this Bill Belichick has promised to spend more time coddling little Joshy and helping prepare him to be able to one day put on his big boy pants and be a head coach.

12 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Wow...it's starting to get ugly for McD!

He says he wants to stay in NE for the good of his family, but I wonder how much of a pay raise (& incentives) Kraft is providing?  Any word on that yet?

That's all well and good. Of course I would do the same thing....but that is why you make that decision BEFORE agreeing to terms (verbally or whatever). Its hard to say because I'm sure there can be no assurances etc for Josh officially but I expect a pay raise...and a gentleman's agreement on the HC position when BB leaves. That said what good is a gentleman's agreement between those two.....well I won't use any language...but yeah I'm not sure they qualify as gentleman. All that was said was that he interviewed elsewhere because he NE hadn't made it clear on his future with the franchise...no word if that was contract extension or post Belichick...but evidently through conversations with Kraft...well all that was changed. Honestly...they both made their bed....they can lie in it....no assurances on either side this works out.

6 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356403/meeting-bill-belichick-convinced-josh-mcdaniels-change-mind

According to this Bill Belichick has promised to spend more time coddling little Joshy and helping prepare him to be able to one day put on his big boy pants and be a head coach.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That's all well and good. Of course I would do the same thing....but that is why you make that decision BEFORE agreeing to terms (verbally or whatever). Its hard to say because I'm sure there can be no assurances etc for Josh officially but I expect a pay raise...and a gentleman's agreement on the HC position when BB leaves. That said what good is a gentleman's agreement between those two.....well I won't use any language...but yeah I'm not sure they qualify as gentleman. All that was said was that he interviewed elsewhere because he NE hadn't made it clear on his future with the franchise...no word if that was contract extension or post Belichick...but evidently through conversations with Kraft...well all that was changed. Honestly...they both made their bed....they can lie in it....no assurances on either side this works out.

Well, it sounds like Belichick is taking a big PR hit in NE while McD takes one in Indy.  When was the last time we saw so much turmoil & negativity following a SB loser immediately after the game?  Usually, the "SB hangover" happens the following season when teams lose the SB....

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well how can he go to bat for the guy. I mean honestly...he has lost a lot of credibility through all this as well. Another victim in this thing. This is the only thing he can do is distance himself so that in the future when he speaks on behalf of one of his clients that his word means something. Poor guy.

Bob LeMonte is all "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

16 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Well, it sounds like Belichick is taking a big PR hit in NE while McD takes one in Indy.  When was the last time we saw so much turmoil & negativity following a SB loser immediately after the game?  Usually, the "SB hangover" happens the following season when teams lose the SB....

Well that SB loss by the Seahawks definitely led to a lot of public scrutiny.....last years too...but that's mostly for blowing it.....this stuff here is something totally different. But all I would say is look who it is....like BB gives two craps about the public media.....he will just be like we are on to the draft....moving on. Josh would have a lot to do to repair his reputation elsewhere....his best bet is to ride the horse that got him there...hope it works out. He is a talented coach...that's the thing...but I don't know how soon he would be able to get another look from another team.

So, was that disc jockey in Boston talking about Brady’s kid...OR...Josh McDaniels?

Either way, that’s all he is to me now, an annoying little p..sant.   (Am I allowed to spell it out?). Never mind, he doesn’t deserve the full spelling. 

ALP is good enough. 

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well that SB loss by the Seahawks definitely led to a lot of public scrutiny.....last years too...but that's mostly for blowing it.....this stuff here is something totally different. But all I would say is look who it is....like BB gives two craps about the public media.....he will just be like we are on to the draft....moving on. Josh would have a lot to do to repair his reputation elsewhere....his best bet is to ride the horse that got him there...hope it works out. He is a talented coach...that's the thing...but I don't know how soon he would be able to get another look from another team.

Remember when everyone got amped up cuz Cam refused to talk to the media after the game? Haha...that is so trivial compared to all of THIS fallout!

Just now, Reality Check said:

Remember when everyone got amped up cuz Cam refused to talk to the media after the game? Haha...that is so trivial compared to all of THIS fallout!

Indeed....this thing was like the number 1 topic on twitter last night I think...I mean it was pretty epic. My anger has dissipated and now I've moved on to what will benefit us moving the organization forward. But yeah...its pretty crazy how this has blown up.

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

Fans aren't quite done with this I don't think

True, but as I know you feel...

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

This will go on for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. Not just on the Colts forum, but around the league.  

Tomorrow "He Who Shall Not Be Named" will be yesterdays news! 

{Hint, spoiler alert on where to find and put such comments after today concludes...}

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

The only burnt bridge is colt fans ( and I get their frustration too).

If you have talent you will be hired.

You want to talk about a burnt bridge...BB smoldered the Jets. He was actually hired and gave a press conference.

How many teams would want BB for a coach...including <cough> the Colts.

Such is life.

14 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

You want to talk about a burnt bridge...BB smoldered the Jets. He was actually hired and gave a press conference.

Such is life.

it's only colts fans? What world you living in?  Guy is getting killed by everyone.....ex general managers, coaches, players.  The half man/half female dog screwed over a lot of coaches.

7 hours ago, Nadine said:

Fans aren't quite done with this I don't think

It won't be done for a long time I'm afraid. I think Colts fans will be talking about this for many years. We definitely won't forget about it. McDaniels basically stabbed Irsay/Ballard and every Colts fan in the back. Whether he intended to or not, that's what he did.

Its sad because it looked like Colts/Pats relationship was cooling. Then McDaniels put a stake through our hearts. Set the relationship back 10 years or so. 

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

It won't be done for a long time I'm afraid. I think Colts fans will be talking about this for many years. We definitely won't forget about it. McDaniels basically stabbed Irsay/Ballard and every Colts fan in the back. Whether he intended to or not, that's what he did.

Its sad because it looked like Colts/Pats relationship was cooling. Then McDaniels put a stake through our hearts. Set the relationship back 10 years or so. 

I think he just didn't have the confidence to leave the Pats and lead us.  He walked away from a lot more money and trashed his reputation.  Probably the biggest mistake of his life.

We have got to get busy doing what we need to do.  

But yes, this won't be forgotten

54 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Such is life.

Josh McDaniels ain't no Bill Belichick.

6 hours ago, -JJ- said:

a principal is still a principal. Or you can argue Jets fans were more upset.

Jets fans are always upset.  That's because they're Jets fans.  Comparisons to BB aren't appropriate

McDaniels was so obnoxious in Denver people there talk about like he was one of the Manson Family.  He was also terrible as a coach.  Now he jerks us around for a month only to pull out after we've already hired people for his staff and didn't even bother to tell them.

It's gonna take a LONG time before anyone outside of New England gives him any kind of serious consideration to be a HC.  The few people that bought the line he'd grown up since his last HC job were all proven to be fools (myself included) and aren't gonna trust him for awhile.  I never will, and I won't be the only one.  When people tell you who they are, believe them.  

He's a non-person for the foreseeable future outside of New England.  And it's entirely his own doing.

16 minutes ago, Jaric said:

Jets fans are always upset.  That's because they're Jets fans.  Comparisons to BB aren't appropriate

McDaniels was so obnoxious in Denver people there talk about like he was one of the Manson Family.  He was also terrible as a coach.  Now he jerks us around for a month only to pull out after we've already hired people for his staff and didn't even bother to tell them.

It's gonna take a LONG time before anyone outside of New England gives him any kind of serious consideration to be a HC.  The few people that bought the line he'd grown up since his last HC job were all proven to be fools (myself included) and aren't gonna trust him for awhile.  I never will, and I won't be the only one.  When people tell you who they are, believe them.  

He's a non-person for the foreseeable future outside of New England.  And it's entirely his own doing.

I believe that to be true.   And I think he's not really concerned.   He has put all his eggs in the N.E. basket for the foreseeable future.  He expects to be BB's successor...      I think he'll crash and burn once BB and Brady are gone.  He has shown the NFL community his true character, and he's probably best suited to stay where he is.

Just now, Gramz said:

I believe that to be true.   And I think he's not really concerned.   He has put all his eggs in the N.E. basket for the foreseeable future.  He expects to be BB's successor...      I think he'll crash and burn once BB and Brady are gone.  He has shown the NFL community his true character.     He's probably best suited to stay where he is.

My hope is that when it is time for BB to step down Kraft gives him the "lulz jk you're not HC" and he's stuck.

As a general rule, I try not to take pleasure in the pain and failure of others.  We'll definitely be making a exception if that comes to pass.

1 minute ago, The Peytonator said:

What's funny is how after the SB, Pats fans couldn't wait to be rid of him because of how 'bad he was in that game' (their opinion not mine), and now they're the only ones defending him and welcoming him back into Papa Belichick's warm, loving, sleeveless hoodied arms. 

From what I understand, the majority are more happy about the fact that the Colts got shunned, than they are about having him back.  I still think most don't see him as HC material.  :dunno:    

But in all honesty, it's not much different than the fact that the majority of us here, (myself included)  were very happy when we thought he was going to be our coach, and then when he did what he did,  we all turned on him like he was the scum of the Earth.     Albeit, rightly so.  :)

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

From what I understand, the majority are more happy about the fact that the Colts got shunned, than they are about having him back.  I still think most don't see him as HC material.  :dunno:    

But in all honesty, it's not much different than the fact that the majority of us here, (myself included)  were very happy when we thought he was going to be our coach, and then when he did what he did,  we all turned on him like he was the scum of the Earth.     Albeit, rightly so.  :)

Yeah, I was one who was completely on board with bringing him in and giving him a second chance as a HC. Boy was I wrong. But from Colts fans perspective, we were happy for him to come here and mad to see him renege. From Pats fans perspective, they were happy to see him leave and now happy to see him return. Not really a consistent logic coming from the Evil Empire, but then again, if Pats' fans didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have standards at all. 

9 hours ago, Jaric said:

Let's take it to the private sector then. People take new positions a lot then changed their mind to stay where they are when offered more.

I don't believe in the real world he couldn't get a another coaching job. If you're good then you're good. That's just how it works in real life. But it's moot for a while now.

Lots of coaches were bad early in their career and then become good. Time and experience is a great teacher. You should know that master Yoda :)

Yea, and lots of coaches were good early in their career and then were bad, George siefert, Joe Gibbs, how about the great Don Shula-he didn't win anything after 1973. What about Mike Tomlin, 2 sb appearences in his first 4 years and nothing since. It goes both ways, just like most things in life. What about Hue Jackson, 8-8 as Raiders head coach 1-31 as Browns head coach.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Why wait until now? Was this in writing? McD I think you just got had.