Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Is Overrated

yep, he is an overrated and an overhyped QB. Thoughts?

Thoughts? I want to hear your thoughts first. What makes him overrated? Do you see flaws in his game, back work ethic, bad mechanics? Give us more than one sentence. Or are you just blind hating as usual, which I'm 99.9% sure is the case.

Andrew Luck is absolutely overrated. Anyone who has actually watched him play would know that. He fundamentally offers little more than any top prospect before him. No collegiate athlete deserves to even be in the same breath as championship level QB's from the NFL, and Luck hasn't shown or proven anything to change that fact.

That said, his hype has no bearing on what he will or will not do at the next level, and it doesn't mean he can't be great someday.

Andrew Luck is absolutely overrated. Anyone who has actually watched him play would know that. He fundamentally offers little more than any top prospect before him. No collegiate athlete deserves to even be in the same breath as championship level QB's from the NFL, and Luck hasn't shown or proven anything to change that fact.

That said, his hype has no bearing on what he will or will not do at the next level, and it doesn't mean he can't be great someday.

No one has put Luck in the same breath as championship QBs, except for maybe some fans. But Luck IS the best QB prospect since Manning or Elway. There's no question about that.

Luck is as fast and powerful as Cam(see combine), more powerful and faster than Tebow...but is being compared to Peyton for his ability to read defenses. RG3 would be the number one pick any other year, except the year with Luck in it. That should tell you something.

No one has put Luck in the same breath as championship QBs, except for maybe some fans. But Luck IS the best QB prospect since Manning or Elway. There's no question about that.

exactly, why does everyone keep thinking that everyone is saying hes as good as NFL QBs, they scouts are all saying hes the highest rated QB coming out of college since Elway and Manning, hype or not, u cant pass on him with that kind of praise and potential, even if he ends up being a "bust" you cant be the team that passes on him if he becomes a superstar somewhere else

Isn't trolling against the rules here?

This certainly is trolling - a controversial and provocative comment, which isn't necessarily trolling provided you honestly believe it and back it up. By posting no explanation you're just trying to wind people up.

Linemen. Build a complete team starting with the foundations.

We can build a line anytime, we have to take Luck now. There wont be a Luck next year or the year after, maybe not in a longtime. But we can take linemen later in the draft, in FA, next year, ect.

For every one quarterback there are 10 linemen. You might need to trade a bunch of linemen worth of picks just to get up and draft a QB when you finally get around to it so how does that pay off? With Manning's health still in question you take Luck and decide on linemen from there.

Yes, there will. Every year there is another hypefest. Luck is this year's.

Yes but we'd have to suck again for another year to get in position to draft one of those guys dangit! Why don't some of you see this! It's not about there not being other talented guys in the future...it's about where we are now with both draft position AND need.

Yes, there will. Every year there is another hypefest. Luck is this year's.

He's been a hype fest since High-school? When he was at the Manning passing academy it was because he was all hype. Look sometimes players undeservedly get alot of hype like a Russell or Leaf but many get alot of hype because they deserve it. Everything points to Luck being the real deal, your just threatened by him because you think the Colts will toss Manning to the curb. Nothing really suggests that will happen though it could. Don't blame Luck for that, blame age and injury.

Yeah that's been the mindset of the Dolphins for a while now... they have a solid team including lineman. Why do they stink? They don't have a franchise QB.

Brady and Manning lead you to Super Bowls, not Jake Long.

Yeah that's been the mindset of the Dolphins for a while now... they have a solid team including lineman. Why do they stink? They don't have a franchise QB.

Brady and Manning lead you to Super Bowls, not Jake Long.

I mostly agree, but the problem with your arguement, in my mind, is that we can never know when a crap line cost a potentially great QB the chance to shine. I still would have liked to see what Carr might have done with even a decent OLine early in his career. By the time he got out of Houston, he had taken way too many hits, and was scared of his own shadow. History labels him a bust, but what if he just never really got the protection he needed to show what he could do...

I think it is way oversimplifying a very complex dynamic to claim it is just Manning or Brady. I doubt many on this site would question Manning's GOAT status, but he only won 1 SB. It takes a solid team, with no glaring holes. Manning never carried a crap OLine to a SB victory, just as Long and the OLine can't do it alone for the Fins.

Luck is as fast and powerful as Cam(see combine), more powerful and faster than Tebow...but is being compared to Peyton for his ability to read defenses. RG3 would be the number one pick any other year, except the year with Luck in it. That should tell you something.

Luck is not as fast or as powerful as Cam Newton, that guy is a physical beast. He is also not more powerful that Tim Tebow... have you ever watched Tebow play? If so, then you'll know that your statement is not true.

Edited by Coltssouth
Quote removed

Luck is not as fast or as powerful as Cam Newton, that guy is a physical beast. He is also not more powerful that Tim Tebow... have you ever watched Tebow play? If so, then you'll know that your statement is not true.

However is he as athletic as Tebow and up to par with Newtons athleticism? Yes, without a doubt. It doesn't take a genius to see that, as powerful, I would say no. There is no denying Luck would be one of the more athletic QB's in the league, but I don't think that's his only strong point, he has many.

However is he as athletic as Tebow and up to par with Newtons athleticism? Yes, without a doubt. It doesn't take a genius to see that, as powerful, I would say no. There is no denying Luck would be one of the more athletic QB's in the league, but I don't think that's his only strong point, he has many.

You cannot say that Luck is athletic as Cam Newton... that's not true at all... Cam Newton is 6'5" 248 lbs. and is faster than Andrew Luck who is 6'4' 235 lbs. Luck is pretty athletic, but what you are saying is not exactly true.

You cannot say that Luck is athletic as Cam Newton... that's not true at all... Cam Newton is 6'5" 248 lbs. and is faster than Andrew Luck who is 6'4' 235 lbs. Luck is pretty athletic, but what you are saying is not exactly true.

= Up to par, not as. I would say he's inbetween Cam and Tebow in terms of athletisicm. Speaking from combine statistics, there are things he did better than both and vica versa. Lucks verticle is higher than Newtons but he's also smaller, Cam had a couple inches better broad jump and had less than 1/10th of a sec faster 40 time than Luck. I would say the three are comparable in terms of athleticism. 6'4 235 is a pretty big boy as well. I wouldn't consider Luck just pretty athletic, I think many seemed pretty estatic by his athleticism while others thought he would do that well. To each his own though we all have different opinions on him. That being said many people including myself still wouldn't consider his exceptional athelticism his strong point which just goes to show how much potential he has, note I say potential. For all I know the guy could be a bust, for all I know how could be the next Lord Luck. Noone can say they are 100% sure how he will handle at an NFL level.