Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Silver Lining...?

Scott Pennock

These types of moments can galvanize an organization.....or tear it down. I believe in Chris Ballard and his can do, competitive outlook.

Perhaps we'll luck out and find our diamond in the rough who may be a better long term coach than McDaniels.

Admittedly I was stoked to infuse his offense with Luck, but was just as hesitant about the cloud over him as everyone else.

Since we are literally the only team looking for a HC we could offer any coordinator in the league (virtually)?

Who are some of your darkhorse candidates now?

Reich

DiFillipo (SP?)

Frazier

Fox

Gase

Schwartz

While I was on the fence with McDaniels, I was nervous the entire time. Didn't think he'd do this though. I was nervous because of his history. That said, I've yet to find a silver lining. Maybe one will present itself in the coming days but it won't be tonight

E + R = O

(Event + Response = Outcome)

This is true in life as well as in this situation. We all have events that happen to us and most are out of our control. The only thing we can control is the response to that event. Many times, our response will determine the outcome. 

I’m interested to see how the Colts will respond to this and how it will ultimately move us forward or set us back. 

*That formula I learned from Urban Meyer who probably learned it from someone else. It is not my intellectual property :) 

15 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

These types of moments can galvanize an organization.....or tear it down. I believe in Chris Ballard and his can do, competitive outlook.

Perhaps we'll luck out and find our diamond in the rough who may be a better long term coach than McDaniels.

Admittedly I was stoked to infuse his offense with Luck, but was just as hesitant about the cloud over him as everyone else.

Since we are literally the only team looking for a HC we could offer any coordinator in the league (virtually)?

Who are some of your darkhorse candidates now?

Reich

DiFillipo (SP?)

Frazier

Fox

Gase

Schwartz

The only silver lining here is that McDaniels is a *. Not even for just reneging, but for leaving these other coaches he wanted on HIS staff. I understand he hasn't even contacted them at this point.

You don't want a * as head coach. That's the silver lining

To me the silver lining is that we don’t have Josh McDaniels as our HC!

I spent the last month talking myself into him. But looks like he is right where he belongs. He is a better fit there, he wouldn’t fit in at an ethical organization. 

I just feel bad for the assistants that we’ve brought in. 

GO COLTS!!

While I was a bit relieved this morning when they announced that McDaniels had been officially hired, I wasn't a fan of him.  However, I thought that finally hiring a HC would bring stability to the organization.   He may or may not have been an improvement over Pagano.  There's no question that he can run an offense but he didn't do well in Denver so as HC, he was still unproven. 

I, too, feel bad for the assistants already hired.  I do think that we've dodged a bullet in the long run.  His heart's in NE as are his morals.  He wouldn't fit in here. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

While I was on the fence with McDaniels, I was nervous the entire time. Didn't think he'd do this though. I was nervous because of his history. That said, I've yet to find a silver lining. Maybe one will present itself in the coming days but it won't be tonight

Me too.  It’s better now than him quiting on the team after one year.

Maybe this was his true colors?  Who knows, but yeah I was excited for Luck.