Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/06/mcdaniels-decided-to-stay-put-with-no-promises-or-commitments-from-patriots/

Boy the punches keep on rolling in. He didn’t even stay for a carrot dangled in front of him. He just stayed to stay. 

I really want to think this whole thing wasn’t just some elaborate setup designed as deflategate retaliation. 

But I can’t. I just * can’t. If I live for another 50 years I don’t think I’ll be able to ever say this wasn’t a setup to get back at us for deflategate. 

And I’m sure he and Ballard discussed draft and free agency strategy at some point. I’m sure McDaniels has walked away from this with more information than he needs. 

This is bad. This is real bad. Even if you didn’t want him as our coach this is bad.

I may not get any sleep over this article.  :flaming:

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

If you’re not worried you’re not paying enough attention. 

This isn’t just another coaching search now. We’re last at the buffet picking through the scraps. 

But it beyond that we’re not assembling a coaching staff. We’re forcing one together

Significant difference. We’re about to hire a coach and tell him “yeah these guys are here, can’t have your own, so yeah. Good luck.”

It’s hard to be successful as a coaching staff under those circumstances. 

Even if philosophies differ just a small bit it’s going to be magnified and compounded by the way it’s all coming together. 

We’re not looking at a pickle, we’re in the pickle. We’re deep in the pickle. 

Mike Tomlin went to Pittsburgh with the staff already intact worked out fine. 

Scraps? Unless you hiring a proven winning they're all scraps.

Sorry mods, I will stop for the night. Got to sleep on this. I am going to get myself in trouble if I keep going. We got pickles and mafia and bats being aimed.......

I am sensing Logan Airport is expecting a plane load of angry Hoosiers around midnight?

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Mike Tomlin went to Pittsburgh with the staff already intact worked out fine. 

Scraps? Unless you hiring a proven winning they're all scraps.

Did you really just compare this situation to Tomlin going to Pittsburgh taking over an already successful staff coming off a Super Bowl win?

Thats not even apples to oranges. Thats apples to horse turds. 

Did you really just compare this situation to Tomlin going to Pittsburgh taking over an already successful staff coming off a Super Bowl win?

You are on such a roll tonight.

Just now, John Waylon said:

they weren't coming off a SB win....they were coming off being 8-8.

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

I never liked how it felt. The Colts dipping their toes into the Patriots swimming pool, just felt like all kinds of wrong.

Because it was.  Ballard coming over from Kansas City didn't know the level of hatred that organization has for us.  He thought he could deal with them just like any other team.  He was sadly mistaken...made a fool of even.  Hopefully he now realizes exactly what he is up against.

8 minutes ago, BOTT said:

they weren't coming off a SB win....they were coming off being 8-8.

You’re right, it’s late and it’s been a long day. I forgot Cowher’s last season. 

But even still, Cowher had assembled a successful staff that had a history of working together.

That is not even remotely the situation here. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Because it was.  Ballard coming over from Kansas City didn't know the level of hatred that organization has for us.  He thought he could deal with them just like any other team.  He was sadly mistaken...made a fool of even.  Hopefully he now realizes exactly what he is up against.

Yep even Grigson would be like "Chris, bro......lol what you doing pal?".

We even traded with them in the offseason too.

It got kinda weird. Too much tension between the organizations that won't die even though we started to suck.

Just now, John Waylon said:

You’re right, it’s late and it’s been a long day. I forgot Cowher’s last season. 

But even still, Cowher had assembled a successful staff that had a history of working together.

That is not even remotely the situation here. 

Fair point, but leading a team of people one didn't hire is done successfully in business all over the world. The NFL,isn't a snowflake.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

It got kinda weird. Too much tension between the organizations that won't die even though we started to suck.

Grigson looks like a rough dude from the Mob, I wouldn't want to make him mad haha 

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Yeah...lol  For as bad as Grigson was even he understood right away how evil New England is and dealt with them accordingly. 

"Wonder Boy" had to learn the hard way what any one indoctrinated into the Colts Nation knows all too well.  But I like Ballard...he stumbled a bit here but I think he is a smart dude and will ultimately get this franchise back on track.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yeah...lol  For as bad as Grigson was even he understood right away how evil New England is and dealt with them accordingly. 

"Wonder Boy" had to learn the hard way what any one indoctrinated into the Colts Nation knows all too well.  But I like Ballard...he stumbled a bit here but I think he is a smart dude and will ultimately get this franchise back on track.

Ballard is too nice. He has to learn the Pats always try to short change you on the street with a small bag when you paid for more.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Sharing these here from my lovely wife.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FauxAndyLuck/status/961055704965562370/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/FauxAndyLuck/status/961045386960891904/photo/1

hope I did that right...never the less need some levity. 

Edit....didn’t work...sorry guys...but if someone knows how to post from the faux Andy luck twitter page it’s hilarious!! Trust me it helps to laugh!

Embedded

Really wish that matchup against NE next season was a home game. Let McDaniels have it. Really want this team to bash the Pats that game.

Seriously. Never has one of my favourite sports teams taken such a fat L, and yet I'm 100% behind them. I hope this lights a fire under the team. Not just Ballard, or the assistants he abandoned, but the players too. I hope Luck torches the league next season. Especially that team situated in Americas most irrelevant big city.

Let that smug visor wearing 6 pc chicken McNobody really regret making this decision.

God I'm angry haha.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Sadly they did manage to deflate us. 

Over something so petty...smh. I am no Grigson fan but he was 100% right to report to the NFL about the Pats cheating. 

Its truly bizarre that the Pats are upset about it still. If they weren't deflating balls, Grigson doesn't report it to the NFL. That simple.

I do hope Irsay/Ballard jump in and fight dirty against them now. They want to jump in the mud? Lets sling some at them too. I hope we don't hold back over what McDaniels did. Get in digs about it every chance we get. No holding back.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m still on the Matt Rhule bus...just saying. I like the guy a lot.

I like Rhule, and he's got his work cut out for him in Baylor, but how are you supposed to sell your fanbase from 'the top coaching candidate in the cycle' to someone whose coming off a 1-11 season?