Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How will Josh McDaniels help the progress of Brissett

zvich

27 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, let's hope Brissetts development doesn't matter. 

I hope I never have to see him start for the Colts again. 

Would you rather Tolzien have started the entire season? At least Brissett made things interesting and made us competitive in most of the games this season. 

5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Would you rather Tolzien have started the entire season? At least Brissett made things interesting and made us competitive in most of the games this season. 

They both suck. 

I would rather Luck have started the whole season. 

And to me, he made the games pretty unwatchable. Only watched a few games this season. 

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

This season was hard to watch, but that would have been worse then the Painter/Kerry Collins stint.

Tolzien would have been brutal to watch for 16 games.

2 hours ago, zvich said:

This will be the third season Brissett is with MD during training camp. How will this help him?

There's a saying in horse racing. "You can't win the Kentucky Derby with a plow-horse".

Now I'm not knocking Brisset. He looks like he will be a decent backup qb and maybe progress to a lower rated starter.

Maybe JM can help him with that.

But he's not our guy to lead us to SB Championships. And that's what we as fans and the Colts organization should be trying to achieve.

Remember, Brissett was a 3rd round pick of NE. Belicheck probably thought very highly of his skill set as a QB. 

Best case scenario, he'll develop nicely under McDaniels and the new QB coaches tutelage, and balls out in preseason (and maybe 1 late regular season game if the colts are good enough to rest starters). Then you can maybe trade him to a QB hungry team for like an early 2nd or even late first (if he super balls out a la Jimmy G). That might take a year or 2, and with Lucks health, I certainly want to keep brissett at least for one more year. Who knows, maybe Ballard finds a trade partner interested in JB and something happens down the line. We'll see.

Thinking WAY down the line here, but wouldn't it be something if the team Indy potentially traded Brissett to is...NE? If Tommy boy retires in a year or two and Jacoby shows enough to generate interest from others teams, I bet there'll be rumours cooking up of a possible return to Foxborough.

8 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Remember, Brissett was a 3rd round pick of NE. Belicheck probably thought very highly of his skill set as a QB. 

Best case scenario, he'll develop nicely under McDaniels and the new QB coaches tutelage, and balls out in preseason (and maybe 1 late regular season game if the colts are good enough to rest starters). Then you can maybe trade him to a QB hungry team for like an early 2nd or even late first (if he super balls out a la Jimmy G). That might take a year or 2, and with Lucks health, I certainly want to keep brissett at least for one more year. Who knows, maybe Ballard finds a trade partner interested in JB and something happens down the line. We'll see.

Thinking WAY down the line here, but wouldn't it be something if the team Indy potentially traded Brissett to is...NE? If Tommy boy retires in a year or two and Jacoby shows enough to generate interest from others teams, I bet there'll be rumours cooking up of a possible return to Foxborough.

I like the way you’re thinking.  Excellent post.  

And that scenario would definitely cement Ballard as one heckuva GM who’s gotten the best of Belichick...  You’d have the Allen & Dorsett trades.  Followed by stealing his most prized assistant and then trading Brissett back to him...  The possibilities are tantalizing. :thmup:

5 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

They both suck. 

And to me, he made the games pretty unwatchable. Only watched a few games this season. 

Our coaching staff didn't know how to use Brissett that why he probably seem unwatchable. Hell our coaching staff didn't know how to use the majority of the players we had which made the colts hard to watch this past year.

10 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

They both suck. 

Well duh.

So I think anyone who follows the Colts would have liked to see Luck play last season but he didn't now did he?

Brissett was thrown into an unwinnable situation but you say he sucked. It don't matter that he had no camp or practice with the team before being ask to be the starter. But you seem to like to throw out the work suck no matter if it applies or not.

12 hours ago, zvich said:

This will be the third season Brissett is with MD during training camp. How will this help him?

Brissett was behind Brady and Garoppolo.  Now just how much work do you think Brissett got to work with McDaniels as a 3rd string QB?  Most 3rd string QBs don't even work with the starters.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well duh.

So I think anyone who follows the Colts would have liked to see Luck play last season but he didn't now did he?

Brissett was thrown into an unwinnable situation but you say he sucked. It don't matter that he had no camp or practice with the team before being ask to be the starter. But you seem to like to throw out the work suck no matter if it applies or not.

The point is that Brissett's development is not important. 

And, yes, Brissett is not a very good starting QB; decent backup, though. 

9 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

The point is that Brissett's development is not important. 

And, yes, Brissett is not a very good starting QB; decent backup, though. 

Brissett's development is not important?  :facepalm:    Had he been more developed he would have been more prepared to play better. Basic football 101.

I think Brissett was one if deciding factors into Josh Mcdaniels coming to Indy. If Luck is healthy he has a potential top 5 QB and if something goes wrong then he has Brissett waiting in the wings, who he already knows and has worked with before. 

38 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

I think Brissett was one if deciding factors into Josh Mcdaniels coming to Indy. If Luck is healthy he has a potential top 5 QB and if something goes wrong then he has Brissett waiting in the wings, who he already knows and has worked with before. 

I disagree. 

Should say how will he help Luck. If we're counting on Brissett then that means Luck is done. I really have no clue what they do if Luck doesn't come back. Draft a qb if there's one worth developing? Develops Brissett? Rely more on a running game, defense and controls g the ball? No Luck changes the whole team as we watched last year.

1 minute ago, Lucky1 said:

So you don't think he took Lucks health into consideration when he took this job? Then i guess ill just have to disagree with your line of thinking. 

For one thing Ballard said up front he would not hire a head coach who wants to come to the Colts because of Luck. I believe him. No matter if Luck will be ready to go are not the Colts have the #3 pick to get a QB if needed. I think by draft day the Colts will have a good idea if Luck will be ready to go.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For one thing Ballard said up front he would not hire a head coach who wants to come to the Colts because of Luck. I believe him. No matter if Luck will be ready to go are not the Colts have the #3 pick to get a QB if needed. I think by draft day the Colts will have a good idea if Luck will be ready to go.

I can appreciate Ballards statement  but IMO McDaniels took the job because he is confident Andrew Luck will be back at 100%  & that he can bring out the real Andrew Luck his early seasons were better than Peyton Mannings the foundation is there .

McDaniels has had a front row seat to NFL History & is being given a second chance at being a HC  & he IMO sees the Colts as his Golden Ticket with 2 capable QB's on the roster no other QB's needed .

Worst case scenario he is reunited with his former pupil 1 year removed from a full season as a starter able to work him & educate him for the off season .

I hope our first round pick is a pass rusher not a QB .

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Should say how will he help Luck. If we're counting on Brissett then that means Luck is done. I really have no clue what they do if Luck doesn't come back. Draft a qb if there's one worth developing? Develops Brissett? Rely more on a running game, defense and controls g the ball? No Luck changes the whole team as we watched last year.

This year's draft has been one that has been looked forward to for the QB class, so yes there are quarterbacks worth drafting.  Hopefully it doesn't come down to that, but if it does then it needs to be known by the draft and the Colts are in a great position with this year's draft.  

As far as Brissett, it could be one of two things.  One would be to help Luck with McDaniels system, the other would be to help a young developing QB with the same.  Possibly both.  If Luck isn't starting, then it will most likely be Brissett, but I don't see him as a long term option either way.  Although I feel McDaniels would get much more out of him than the staff last year and he would have a full preseason to prepare with the team.    

46 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

last week Dakich said he's hearing luck is done.  of course, Dakich says a lot of things.  I just wish we would hear some definitive things to the positive, SOON!

I just cant make myself believe anything that comes out of Dakich's mouth. He gives me a headache.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just cant make myself believe anything that comes out of Dakich's mouth. He gives me a headache.

Dakich also tries to say that Luck's surgery is the same as his and his wife's and they were able to throw a football 5 months later.  Dakich is a * and is all about stroking his ego.  He knows little to nothing about anything other than basketball.  And I still hold anything he says with that, with a small grain of sand.

29 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Dakich also tries to say that Luck's surgery is the same as his and his wife's and they were able to throw a football 5 months later.  Dakich is a * and is all about stroking his ego.  He knows little to nothing about anything other than basketball.  And I still hold anything he says with that, with a small grain of sand.

The only reason he even has a show is he played for Bobby Knight and was an assistant coach at IU. It's sure not that he has any broadcasting background.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

last week Dakich said he's hearing luck is done.  of course, Dakich says a lot of things.  I just wish we would hear some definitive things to the positive, SOON!

He looked pretty ripped in his most recent presser.  Looked like a linebacker paired with him practicing with those throwing coaches out West hopefully we do hear good news soon.