Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriot dynasty is finally over.

dodsworth

It's been a tough slog through the last 15 year's or so for Colts fans and other NFL

fans in general but it's finally over. Brady is 40 year's old this year and will be at least

42 or 43 year's old by the time they absorb the loss of both their OC and DC this year.

The Pats put up everything they owned on this year's quest for a 6th Super Bowl and

lost their mortgaged home in the process. They squandered their future by letting

Garopollo go instead of an aging Brady.

Pardon me for not taking the high road but I'm going to enjoy watching Brady and

the Pats organization deteriorate over the next few years. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

It's been a tough slog through the last 15 year's or so for Colts fans and other NFL

fans in general but it's finally over. Brady is 40 year's old this year and will be at least

42 or 43 year's old by the time they absorb the loss of both their OC and DC this year.

The Pats put up everything they owned on this year's quest for a 6th Super Bowl and

lost their mortgaged home in the process. They squandered their future by letting

Pardon me for not taking the high road but I'm going to enjoy watching Brady and

Far too early to make that statement. They've lost coaches and players in the past, they came bouncing right back. 

I would not bet on them being over.  Brady played at a high level in the SB.  Their defense wasn't looking so good but Belichick gets some decent coordinators and some improvements on defense and they are contending again easily.

Remember also they lost Edelman pretty early in the season as well as a couple defensive starters.  

You are speaking way too soon because the Pats will contend again next year.  They have the players to do it.  

You need to wait until Brady's play drops significantly at least to make statements like that.  

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Far too early to make that statement. They've lost coaches and players in the past, they came bouncing right back. 

Yep.....I seem to remember EVERYONE arguing who is the most important person in their organization to their success.....Bill or Tom......which one are they losing???? Your point EXACTLY!

36 minutes ago, csmopar said:

33 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I would not bet on them being over.  Brady played at a high level in the SB.  Their defense wasn't looking so good but Belichick gets some decent coordinators and some improvements on defense and they are contending again easily.

Remember also they lost Edelman pretty early in the season as well as a couple defensive starters.  

You are speaking way too soon because the Pats will contend again next year.  They have the players to do it.  

You need to wait until Brady's play drops significantly at least to make statements like that.  

Losing both coordinators is going to be impossible to overcome next season, especially the one they haven't won a SB without him on the sideline. :) father time is undefeated and in 2 years Brady will be 42. 

QB play drops off in an instant in their 40s and will happen to Brady in

the next couple of years, by then it will be too late.

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

Losing both coordinators is going to be impossible to overcome next season, especially the one they haven't won a SB without him on the sideline. :) father time is undefeated and in 2 years Brady will be 42. 

QB play drops off in an instant in their 40s and will happen to Brady in

the next couple of years, by then it will be too late.

eh.  as long as they have Hoodie and to a lesser extent, Brady, they'll be right back into the deep playoffs. Do they return to the Super Bowl next year, probably not but it wont shock me if they do.

8 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx180204/2018-nfl-power-rankings-way-too-early-offseason-preview

I know it is an early power ranking but it doesn't sound like the end has happened just quite yet. They are also the earlt favorites in Vegas at 9-2 odds. If that's the end of the dynasty then sign me up!

They obviously aren't understanding the importance of having a stabilized

coaching staff on the team. Retooling will be a major hurdle next season.

16 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

They obviously aren't understanding the importance of having a stabilized

coaching staff on the team. Retooling will be a major hurdle next season.

Lots of NFL teams change coordinators every year.  Any successful coordinator usually gets a head coaching offer.

Will it be a hurdle?  Yes but it isn't something they can't overcome.

I wonder what the goat arguments are going to be now. They give him all the credit for the wins, but what about the loses? Especially this one considering his fumble cost the game. He played a near perfect game, set playoff and SB records, and still lost. That's because it's a team win. His defense did nothing to help him. 

He gets little credit for the wins or loses. 

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I wonder what the goat arguments are going to be now. They give him all the credit for the wins, but what about the loses? Especially this one considering his fumble cost the game. He played a near perfect game, set playoff and SB records, and still lost. That's because it's a team win. His defense did nothing to help him. 

He gets little credit for the wins or loses. 

He had a few passes that left points on the table (at least for the time). The one to Hogan where Hogan has to wait for it surely cost them a TD on that play.

He had one beautiful pass over the shoulder and hit the receiver right in the basket in stride. Unfortunately for them that was the exception for his long ball that night. He’s never been much of a deep threat without Moss but in years past he had a bit more mustard on his throws.

Yes it is dead. You don't win Super Bowls with a QB in his 40's, I said this in preseason. It just defies all logic out there. Like all little tiny pieces of logic.......

Pats could have started over with this guy:

new-england-patriots-quarterback-jimmy-g

But they blew it.

Looking forward to the Jaguars/Packers Super Bowl next year and seeing if Rodgers can get ring #2.

/the end

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

I've heard this story before. haha

It will happen, someday. I don't think that someday is going to be in 2018 though. I could be wrong. If I am? And if it's done? Can't complain. Pretty good run... 

I don't see it being over quite yet either. As long as Tom and BB both are back next season they will probably at least make the Final 4 again. You guys also get Edleman back. If the Pats lose next season in the Playoffs I will then start to maybe believe it's over.

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yes it is dead. You don't win Super Bowls with a QB in his 40's, I said this in preseason. It just defies all logic out there. Like all little tiny pieces of logic.......

Pats could have started over with this guy:

new-england-patriots-quarterback-jimmy-g

But they blew it.

Looking forward to the Jaguars/Packers Super Bowl next year and seeing if Rodgers can get ring #2.

/the end

If Bortles remains QB for Jacks, they wont be in the SB, JMO

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Not much zip on the ball and made a lot of poor throws . Strange that somehow that equates to over 500 yards passing with no ints. Maybe it's their system or the game is changing ? Maybe Brady's so smart pre snap that he always knows who will be open ?  That said , I would say he's on borrowed time going into next season. At some point , everyone's body is too old to play QB in the NFL. 

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see it being over quite yet either. As long as Tom and BB both are back next season they will probably at least make the Final 4 again. You guys also get Edleman back. If the Pats lose next season in the Playoffs I will then start to maybe believe it's over.

Thanks buddy. If everyone could just be like us... imagine how great that'd be? Lol... you've always done a great job of being a die-hard fan but with a level of objectivity that's rare. I appreciate that. There's always another season ahead right? Best to you this offseason my friend. 

2 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Thanks buddy. If everyone could just be like us... imagine how great that'd be? Lol... you've always done a great job of being a die-hard fan but with a level of objectivity that's rare. I appreciate that. There's always another season ahead right? Best to you this offseason my friend. 

Thanks, I just know how Great the Pats are with Tom and BB. I love my Colts and root against the Pats but that is normal. Having said that the Pats to me have shown no signs of slowing down. They make Final 4's like it's normal. It is tough to make the AFC Title Game and they do it every season.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Bortles remains QB for Jacks, they wont be in the SB, JMO

Meh I just pulled that out of nowhere for kicks and giggles. But who before the recent season called Nick Foles as Super Bowl MVP? Anyone?

anyone-anyone-bueller-bueller.jpg

Jags have a real shot at the AFC.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Meh I just pulled that out of nowhere for kicks and giggles. But who before the recent season called Nick Foles as Super Bowl MVP? Anyone?

anyone-anyone-bueller-bueller.jpg

Jags have a real shot at the AFC.

I wasn't a believer in Foles beating the Pats, I admit but Foles did have a stretch of 27 TD's and only 2 INT's earlier in his career. Bortles had a nice Playoff run, played damn near perfect actually but can he do it 2 years in a row? I have my doubts. Defensively they are solid but you still need to score points in this league. I thought if Philly was going to win the SB it would be because of their Defense, it wasn't, it was because Foles had to match Tom. Philly's D was bad almost all night until the strip sack. Pats didn't even Punt.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wasn't a believer in Foles beating the Pats, I admit but Foles did have a stretch of 27 TD's and only 2 INT's earlier in his career. Bortles had a nice Playoff run, played damn near perfect actually but can he do it 2 years in a row? I have my doubts. Defensively they are solid but you still need to score points in this league. I thought if Philly was going to win the SB it would be because of their Defense, it wasn't, it was because Foles had to match Tom. Philly's D was bad almost all night until the strip sack. Pats didn't even Punt.

Oh I am not outright picking the Jags right now "yet". But I often pick Green Bay just like I often pick Duke.

Anyway I am heading to bed really early tonight so catch you all later. My sleep last night was terrible including seeing McDaniel's in an extra large visor floating around in a dream.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oh I am not outright picking the Jags right now "yet". But I often pick Green Bay just like I often pick Duke.

Anyway I am heading to bed really early tonight so catch you all later. My sleep last night was terrible including seeing McDaniel's in an extra large visor floating around in a dream.

I actually like the McDaniels hire by us, not a huge fan of the visors but if we win everyone will be buying them lmao. Yeah rap with you later.

It all comes to an end eventually.  When Brady had to run those few times, he looked like those old stop-motion sci fi monsters in Sinbad and Hercules.  BB demands perfection and we know he wanted Jimmy this year, so it's hard for me to believe he could spend the next 5 years with Brady degrading and not go crazy.  

8 hours ago, dw49 said:

Not much zip on the ball and made a lot of poor throws . Strange that somehow that equates to over 500 yards passing with no ints. Maybe it's their system or the game is changing ? Maybe Brady's so smart pre snap that he always knows who will be open ?  That said , I would say he's on borrowed time going into next season. At some point , everyone's body is too old to play QB in the NFL. 

It drops off in a heartbeat as far as being able to play QB in the NFL.

Manning was chugging along just fine then all of a sudden the wheels

fell off. His dominant defense piggy backed him to his 2nd SB.

I'd love for it to finally be over, but I don't buy it. 

Brady has played better in recent years than he did when he was in his athletic prime (not that he was ever very athletic, per se). 

More importantly, they still have the best HC in football... One of the greatest coaches ever. 

As much as I love seeing them lose, I think they will be contending for SBs  until they stop having the best coach/QB combo in the league. 

Brady actually looked his age last night the way he was running and throwing but he still threw for 500 yards and 3 TD. This is the beginning of the End. They could have kept it going with BB and Garoppolo but Kraft had other ideas. Now it looks like Brady and BB will scrape at a couple more championships, 2018 may be the last hoorah, and then they will both walk off into retirement leaving the pats in rebuild mode. While the 49ers seem to have there starting QB for the next 15 years. Just dont understand how you can draft someone, mold him, sculpt him the way you want under arguably the best quarterback head coach duo ever...than just trade him away for draft picks. Something happened in that building, Kraft had BB and Garoppolo lined up for another 15 years of success. Something happened

Brady can arguably be the goat, but the most respected he is not. Yet another reason why he isn't respected.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/did-tom-brady-snub-nick-foles-on-super-bowl-handshake-lets-look-at-the-evidence/

He also didn't see him after the game, only praised them during his post game speech, but that's just him saying the words, one wonders how much he means them.

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

It drops off in a heartbeat as far as being able to play QB in the NFL.

Manning was chugging along just fine then all of a sudden the wheels

fell off. His dominant defense piggy backed him to his 2nd SB.

I agree. More often than not , it's not a gradual loss of skills.

I do think the Pats GREAT run is FINALLY coming to an end. So much controversy about the relationship between Brady and Bill. Gronk might be retiring, losing all 3 main coordinators, and no back up plan for life after an aging Brady. They finally look vulnerable not just on the field but with their off the field issues.

Dont get it twisted, I HATE the Patriots but you cant deny the greatness they have show the last 15 years. As a Colts fan, I am bitter and jealous and HATE them but as a fan of football, you have to appreciate how great they have been. They rarely had big time skill position players.

I am glad it is finally coming to an end and the Colts will start their 10 year dominance this year.

8 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Brady actually looked his age last night the way he was running and throwing but he still threw for 500 yards and 3 TD. This is the beginning of the End. They could have kept it going with BB and Garoppolo but Kraft had other ideas. Now it looks like Brady and BB will scrape at a couple more championships, 2018 may be the last hoorah, and then they will both walk off into retirement leaving the pats in rebuild mode. While the 49ers seem to have there starting QB for the next 15 years. Just dont understand how you can draft someone, mold him, sculpt him the way you want under arguably the best quarterback head coach duo ever...than just trade him away for draft picks. Something happened in that building, Kraft had BB and Garoppolo lined up for another 15 years of success. Something happened

Most likely Brady stating he wants to play till 45 was enough for Garopollo 

to demand a trade but if you are into conspiracy theories then the NFL

is wanting to bust up this dynasty. Another 15 years of Patriot dominance

would destroy the NFL.

Ratings were down for this SB because of the Pats again in the SB

and also the political kneeling of players before games.

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Brady can arguably be the goat, but the most respected he is not. Yet another reason why he isn't respected.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/did-tom-brady-snub-nick-foles-on-super-bowl-handshake-lets-look-at-the-evidence/

He also didn't see him after the game, only praised them during his post game speech, but that's just him saying the words, one wonders how much he means them.

He did the same thing to Manning in one of the few playoff games

the Colts won. When Brady won, he would shake Manning's hand,

talk, smile and gaze into his eyes like he wanted to make mad

monkey love with our Hall of Fame QB.

The guy is a sore loser.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, dodsworth said:

It may depend on how they do with the new DC and OC.  They had an off year in 2005 but we had a lot of injuries in that year.   

Given Brady is 40 and wants to play to 45, I think he will be the factor on when the pats run is over.  If he can maintain his play for the next 3-4 years and BB stays on, then I do not see them dropping off during those years, especially as the team has a good portion of its core players in their prime.  Its not like the 08-11 team we are talking about when they were retooling.

With the status of the AFC, there does not really seem like there is a powerhouse team in the AFC unlike the 2000s and so the Pats, even if weaken, will likely still make some noise in the AFC. 

As for TB's replacement, time will tell if that one is good or not.  Also, depends on the next coach.  With Kraft still being the owner, it just depends on if the team can get a franchise QB and coach once BB and Brady hang them up, they may go back to 8-8, maybe be a playoff contender, or perhaps better, who knows.