Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do the Jags really need a new QB?

Mel Kiper's Hair

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nah, he only got them a 10-6 record this year and made the AFC championship game, that's all. Oh, by the way that was with an injured throwing wrist all year. But don't let those facts get in your way of thinking he needs replaced.

We will see because he will be the starter for the Jags next season, not Cousins.

IMO Cousins will be the starter for Arizona next season.

Yet it's been reported by Shefter that the Jags will move on from Bortles if they can get cousins or Smith.

There's no way that Jacksonville will cut him if he hasn't recovered from his wrist surgery, and I would dare say that his surgery was timed so that his recovery wouldn't be complete until after his 2018 contract is fully guaranteed. Smart move on his and his agent's part. I'm not saying that Bortles is as all world QB or that there aren't better QB's out there, what I am saying is that QB's with similar or worse skills and stats have won the Super Bowl. With the defense that the Jags have it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Tom Coughlin is building the Jags into a Giants South and we all know that the Northern version beat the Pats twice in the Super Bowl. Just saying. 

I’d say he’s average you can win with him I think. He not accurate at all just like how newton isn’t but his biggest flaw is throwing ill advised INT in critical situations. But the same can be said about luck in terms of turnovers..i for sure still wouldn’t him as out qb though haha 

When Nick Foles led Corey Clement when he beat the LB to a large gain while Bortles gave the LB. a chance vs Corey Grant (ironically both wearing No.30) and you didn’t have to protect him with the play calling like with Bortles, the Eagles continued to make offensive plays. I think we all could see how big a difference that was.