Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB's moving, staying and how it will affect draft

I wish I could tell you how all this was going to play out, but don't assume Cousins to Denver just because Elway wants him. If Cousins wants the most money, he will go to Cleveland. Cleveland was always going to look for a veteran QB and then draft a QB to train under him imho. They should have done it a long time ago like this. I think drafting Mason Rudolph would make the most sense since he will probably one of the few to go in the second round, and have him learn for a couple of years. Lamar Jackson would be a good choice. With one of those two doing what Rodgers did under Favre, that would be very smart.

Also of note is I sincerely felt Jacksonville was going to get rid of Bortles and use that 19M on one of the QB's coming available. Now that he just had surgery on his wrist, he is likely not to be medically cleared by the start of the NFL new season, thus the Jaguars are on the hook for his salary, so they will have to keep him as their starting QB. There cap is tight, and with all the FA's they have signed in the past 3 years and young talent they have who they are going to need to extend starting next year, their cap is going to be tight for awhile. The Bortles situation is something I am really surprised at. Think of Smith or Cousins with that team.