Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Update

Case

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

One source described Luck as "very close" to throwing, which is a huge milestone for the franchise QB. That also means Luck does not need another surgery, which is good news.

We wouldn't know if he needs a surgery until he throws. At least that's what all the experts have been saying. Last time he had a setback it was when he started throwing that he felt pain... 

I thought he was throwing already and considered the lack of news to be good news. It seems like we will have to wait a while more before we really know. 

I think this is good news. The article says he’s been working on getting his strength back and arm speed. He looks good compared to the last time he started throwing. Seems like this time around they really took their time to build up his strength. 

Its not just throwing that’s going to tell him if he needs surgery. Obviously he’s not feeling a lot of pain if any or he wouldn’t be getting ready to start his throwing regime. 

I understand being skeptical but I’m going to be optimistic about this. Good news imo 

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

We wouldn't know if he needs a surgery until he throws. At least that's what all the experts have been saying. Last time he had a setback it was when he started throwing that he felt pain... 

I thought he was throwing already and considered the lack of news to be good news. It seems like we will have to wait a while more before we really know. 

Luck himself said that throwing isn’t the only way to know. He’s rehabbing and working out. I would think he is firing all the same muscles during these rehab and workouts. 

Yay! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000912153/article/colts-andrew-luck-regaining-strength-close-to-throwing

Colts' Andrew Luck regaining strength, close to throwing

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  
Print
  • 0ap1000000022400.jpg
  • By Ian Rapoport
  •  

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has taken a significant step in his recovery, as he tries to work his way back for the 2018 season.

Sources say that Luck has headed out to the Los Angeles area to work with noted throwing mechanics and strength gurus Tom House and Adam Dedeaux. The duo works with several other high-profile signal callers including Tom Brady. Luck is nearing a return to throwing.

One source described Luck as "very close" to throwing, which is a huge milestone for the franchise QB. That also means Luck does not need another surgery, which is good news.

Luck had surgery last January for a torn labrum and was originally slated to be back for 2017. It wasn't to be. At one point during the 2017 season, Luck was throwing as part of his rehab, though he was shut down and placed on injured reserve on Nov. 2. At the time, GM Chris Ballard said "I'm not getting career-ending from anybody. What we're getting is 'be patient.'"

Currently, Luck is finishing up getting his strength back, sources say, doing functional work. He's working on his motion and arm speed, key components as he attempts a recovery.

Following being placed on IR, Luck spent time in Europe working on balancing his muscles and getting them working together.

He came back bigger, stronger and refreshed.

In his latest media appearance in late December, Luck said, "The pain has significantly gone down and that's why I'm so optimistic." As throwing looms, this appears -- finally -- to be headed in the right direction for the Colts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2756687-report-andrew-luck-close-to-throwing-will-work-with-tom-bradys-strength-gurus

After missing the entire 2017 NFL season due to a shoulder injury, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is reportedly close to be being cleared to throw.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Luck will soon travel to Los Angeles to work on his throwing mechanics with strength gurus Tom House and Adam Dedeaux. They are also known to work with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

The longer it takes for Luck to re-grow a new shoulder the more this reminds me of the old Underdog episode I watched as a kid where he hurt his back......he kept saying, "When I stand up I am right as rain, but when I bend over there's a stabbing pain" 

33 minutes ago, stitches said:

Well, he's going to LA to work with a couple QB coaches who specialize in the mechanics of throwing.  So we'll know soon enough how well he is if that continues.

1 hour ago, MightyLucks said:

I don’t get how him being “very close” to throwing equates to no more surgeries. I thought throwing an actual football would be the test.

I’m just going to stay cautiously...pessimistic. That way maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised lol

10 minutes ago, CamMo said:

I don’t get how him being “very close” to throwing equates to no more surgeries. I thought throwing an actual football would be the test.

I’m just going to stay cautiously...pessimistic. That way maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised lol

I thought he was throwing

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Yay! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000912153/article/colts-andrew-luck-regaining-strength-close-to-throwing

Colts' Andrew Luck regaining strength, close to throwing

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  
Print
  • 0ap1000000022400.jpg
  • By Ian Rapoport
  •  

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck has taken a significant step in his recovery, as he tries to work his way back for the 2018 season.

Sources say that Luck has headed out to the Los Angeles area to work with noted throwing mechanics and strength gurus Tom House and Adam Dedeaux. The duo works with several other high-profile signal callers including Tom Brady. Luck is nearing a return to throwing.

Luck had surgery last January for a torn labrum and was originally slated to be back for 2017. It wasn't to be. At one point during the 2017 season, Luck was throwing as part of his rehab, though he was shut down and placed on injured reserve on Nov. 2. At the time, GM Chris Ballard said "I'm not getting career-ending from anybody. What we're getting is 'be patient.'"

Currently, Luck is finishing up getting his strength back, sources say, doing functional work. He's working on his motion and arm speed, key components as he attempts a recovery.

Following being placed on IR, Luck spent time in Europe working on balancing his muscles and getting them working together.

He came back bigger, stronger and refreshed.

In his latest media appearance in late December, Luck said, "The pain has significantly gone down and that's why I'm so optimistic." As throwing looms, this appears -- finally -- to be headed in the right direction for the Colts.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2756687-report-andrew-luck-close-to-throwing-will-work-with-tom-bradys-strength-gurus

After missing the entire 2017 NFL season due to a shoulder injury, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is reportedly close to be being cleared to throw.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Luck will soon travel to Los Angeles to work on his throwing mechanics with strength gurus Tom House and Adam Dedeaux. They are also known to work with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

looks like someone beat you to it

1 hour ago, crunked said:

The longer it takes for Luck to re-grow a new shoulder the more this reminds me of the old Underdog episode I watched as a kid where he hurt his back......he kept saying, "When I stand up I am right as rain, but when I bend over there's a stabbing pain" 

was that pill he took steroids or hgh?

32 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Luck specifically said that throwing wasn’t the only way of knowing when he held that presser last month. 

53 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Also, no way McDaniels would agree to come here if they thought luck wouldn’t be ready. 

Or McDaniels knows we have the #3 pick and a chance at another decent franchise QB. Not on lucks stature but Rosen, darnold or Allen .... there’s mayfield too. :Cry:

but it I would love to see a 100% Luck back. 

41 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Or McDaniels knows we have the #3 pick and a chance at another decent franchise QB. Not on lucks stature but Rosen, darnold or Allen .... there’s mayfield too. :Cry:

but it I would love to see a 100% Luck back. 

Doubt it. None of these QBs this year are blowing people away 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's not true. There very likely will be at least 3 QBs drafted in the top 6 picks. The NFL seems pretty high on this draft class at QBs.  

just because they are being drafted that early doesnt mean much. they are the best that this year has to offer but non of these guys are going to be super bowl winning qbs imo.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's not true. There very likely will be at least 3 QBs drafted in the top 6 picks. The NFL seems pretty high on this draft class at QBs.  

Very true.  Likewise, we have the example of Ryan Leaf.  And the example of Tom Brady.  Grading draft prospects is obviously an imperfect skill.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

There arent any slam dunk QBs this year. All of them are pretty average. only time will tell but im not super high on any of them from the games ive watched.

2 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

Luck himself said that throwing isn’t the only way to know. He’s rehabbing and working out. I would think he is firing all the same muscles during these rehab and workouts. 

I agree and people need to stop thinking that throwing a football is the tell-all for how his shoulder is doing.

22 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

just because they are being drafted that early doesnt mean much. they are the best that this year has to offer but non of these guys are going to be super bowl winning qbs imo.

It's possible none of them are super bowl winning QBs, but that doesn't address what the league thinks of them right now. They think highly enough to take them 1 and 2 and possibly trade up to 3 or 4 for the third one. Some people think Rosen is the most NFL ready QB to enter the league since Luck when it comes to processing the game. Others absolutely love Josh Allen's arm and physical attributes. He looked kind of meh in the practices of the Senior Bowl but then lit up the game with some amazing throws... hell he even showed some touch on some of the throws,something I was quite shocked to see. I thought he was one speed QB. There is talent in this QB class. Plenty of it. If you are waiting for a Luck type total package you might wait for a decade for a QB. Rosen and Darnold IMO are pretty damn good prospects with some flaws, but none of them are fatal flaws and Allen IMO has some big flaws with his accuracy, but he's already the favorite in some Vegas books to go no. 1. NFL loves physical talent and big armed QBs. Dorsey traded up last year to get Mahomes who is pretty similar in his ability to make big-time throws, but is raw mechanically and accuracy-wise. If possible Allen might have even higher ceiling. 

And that's without me even getting to Baker Mayfield who if he was 2 inches taller would probably go no. 1 easily.