Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?

dodsworth

Will you be watching the Super Bowl?   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching the SB

• Yes. It's the freakin' Super Bowl!
    • Yes. Our future coach is on the Patriot sideline.
    • No. This Super Bowl doesn't interest me.
    • No. Watching the Pats in another SB is getting mundane.

20 hours ago, GoPats said:

Even in years where the Patriots didn't go, I can't imagine not watching the Super Bowl. I don't remember a single year of my life where I didn't. 

I am watching. At this point even if the Pats win, it wont bother me. IMO they have the better team again and should win in reality. I picked them to win it all before the season started so it doesn't surprise me they made it back. I also think around 75% of the media = ESPN and NFL Network people have their minds made up that Tom is the GOAT anyway at this point. At least most have Peyton Top 3-5 which is Mt Rushmore material, so I can live with it. Even if the Pats lose, I don't think it hurts Tom's legacy, he has won 5 SBs lmao 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

I don't know whats with some people every year posting "Will you watch the sb?" Is this a ritual or something?

I watched the SB every year when I started following football.

You know what else I do? I watch the NBA finals even if my team is not playing in it.

You know what else? I watch the World Series, I may not watch every single game, but I watch it.

Guess what? I will watch the World cup even if Italy is not going to be in it...yes my roots are Italian.

You had me until Soccer :lol:

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching. At this point even if the Pats win, it wont bother me. IMO they have the better team again and should win in reality. I picked them to win it all before the season started so it doesn't surprise me they made it back. I also think around 75% of the media = ESPN and NFL Network people have their minds made up that Tom is the GOAT anyway at this point. At least most have Peyton Top 3-5 which is Mt Rushmore material, so I can live with it. Even if the Pats lose, I don't think it hurts Tom's legacy, he has won 5 SBs lmao 

It's definitely a different experience when "your team" isn't in the game, but it can be a lot more relaxing/fun that way! I've always created some level of rooting interest but my general rule is to pull for the team that knocked your team out (so that you didn't get knocked out by a second place team, if you're gonna lose, lose to the eventual champs). But if it doesn't work out, oh well, no biggie. 

Two years ago (Broncos/Panthers) we went to a SB party hosted by some of our friends. Had a really nice time. They invited us again last year, but I had to decline, because I can't watch the Patriots play in a Super Bowl with a room full of people, LOL! 

So this year, once again, it'll be me and the wife and the kids, comfy at home where I can make a donkey out of myself without risk of embarrassment. haha

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

It's definitely a different experience when "your team" isn't in the game, but it can be a lot more relaxing/fun that way! I've always created some level of rooting interest but my general rule is to pull for the team that knocked your team out (so that you didn't get knocked out by a second place team, if you're gonna lose, lose to the eventual champs). But if it doesn't work out, oh well, no biggie. 

Two years ago (Broncos/Panthers) we went to a SB party hosted by some of our friends. Had a really nice time. They invited us again last year, but I had to decline, because I can't watch the Patriots play in a Super Bowl with a room full of people, LOL! 

So this year, once again, it'll be me and the wife and the kids, comfy at home where I can make a donkey out of myself without risk of embarrassment. haha

This is very true haha.I'd rather watch alone.

I won't speak for everyone but i'm sure most chose to root for anyone who is playing the Patriots. So for me, the last Superbowl I could sit back and really not care who won was 2012 Ravens and 49ers. Every other year, I'm rooting hard-core for/against someone lol

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This is very true haha.I'd rather watch alone.

I won't speak for everyone but i'm sure most chose to root for anyone who is playing the Patriots. So for me, the last Superbowl I could sit back and really not care who won was 2012 Ravens and 49ers. Every other year, I'm rooting hard-core for/against someone lol

I think having grown up through the 80s and 90s, when the NFC was just DOMINATING the AFC, I just like to see a good, close game if I don't have a horse in the race. haha

6 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

I always watch the SB regardless of who is in the SB.  Surely, there have been some SBs where i did not enjoy it as much as was not a fan of who was in the SB or my team was not it in.  

Yeah, I pretty watch the SB without fail same as the Oscars or Academy Awards. Uh huh, when a fan has no dog in the hunt [meaning your team isn't in the big dance]; the game does loose some  of it's luster. 

Brady & Belichick are gonna with their 6th Lombardi I know that. Nick Foles is no threat especially late in games. 

When Tom & Bill win, I will congratulate Foxboro's fan base since this will be the last time the whole gang is together. 

It was 1 hades of a run. 

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I pretty watch the SB without fail same as the Oscars or Academy Awards. Uh huh, when a fan has no dog in the hunt [meaning your team isn't in the big dance]; the game does loose some  of it's luster. 

Brady & Belichick are gonna with their 6th Lombardi I know that. Nick Foles is no threat especially late in games. 

When Tom & Bill win, I will congratulate Foxboro's fan base since this will be the last time the whole gang is together. 

It was 1 hades of a run. 

Should be a good game, hope the pats can pull it out, time will tell.  Philly looks good and foles is a solid qb

I'll watch it. I was already about 99% sure that the Pats would make it before the season starts and had them as clear favorites winning it. All of their Super Bowls under Brady&BB era have been extremely entertaining, good football. McDaniels being charged of scheming against one of the top Ds that has all the pieces that have given trouble for the Pats offenses in the past, doesn't hurt either.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Yes, however,  I certainly don't have the same anticipation that I normally have leading up to the game.   I'm kinda like meh..   but on the other hand I can't imagine not watching.  :dunno:  

Same exact feelings.. i was asked last night if i wanted to go to a super bowl party.. I said not really lol:(

12 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Should be a good game, hope the pats can pull it out, time will tell.  Philly looks good and foles is a solid qb

I realize that what makes the SB tough is this: Unlike say the NBA Finals, players in the big game don't get multiple games to determine who wins all the marbles especially if 1 side is off their game that fateful night in February.

Yeah I know, upsets are fascinating is sports. You know the shock the world stuff. But honestly, I just can't see the Eagles winning it all without Carson W. leading the show. Not gonna happen. 

After how BB & Brady carved up the Falcons in overtime the last go round, the Patriots do it again. 

If Doug Pederson pulls off the impossible & gets to see green confetti drop, that whole situation would be a huge symbolic indictment against Andy Reid. His protege can achieve what Andy never could--hardware. 

It won't matter anyway since NE wins their 6th ring like I said. I'm not trying to jinx the Pats. I just feel this outcome down to my bones Yehoodi. Happy trails Foxboro. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I realize that what makes the SB tough is this: Unlike say the NBA Finals, players in the big game don't get multiple games to determine who wins all the marbles especially if 1 side is off their game that fateful night in February.

Yeah I know, upsets are fascinating is sports. You know the shock the world stuff. But honestly, I just can't see the Eagles winning it all without Carson W. leading the show. Not gonna happen. 

After how BB & Brady carved up the Falcons in overtime the last go round, the Patriots do it again. 

If Doug Pederson pulls off the impossible & gets to see green confetti drop, that whole situation would be a huge symbolic indictment against Andy Reid. His protege can achieve what Andy never could--hardware. 

It won't matter anyway since NE wins their 6th ring like I said. I'm not trying to jinx the Pats. I just feel this outcome down to my bones Yehoodi. Happy trails Foxboro. 

Thanks SW.  Hope we can win, be nice to get a 6th.   But to be honest, i would not be upset if we lost.  Getting the 4th a few years ago was important to me.  Still remember that divisional Ravens game, i drank like a half gallon of milk and needed like 2 hrs to decompress.   And the 5th last year really put the hay in the barn for me. 

As for a 6th it may be more for selfish fanhood reasons.  Be nice to have this group get 3 of 4 to match the earlier team.  We will see and time will tell. 

12 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Thanks SW.  Hope we can win, be nice to get a 6th.   But to be honest, i would not be upset if we lost.  Getting the 4th a few years ago was important to me.  Still remember that divisional Ravens game, i drank like a half gallon of milk and needed like 2 hrs to decompress.   And the 5th last year really put the hay in the barn for me. 

As for a 6th it may be more for selfish fanhood reasons.  Be nice to have this group get 3 of 4 to match the earlier team.  We will see and time will tell. 

I always said going into the Super Bowl in 2007 that if we could get that last one to go 19-0, I would be happy without another one for the rest of my life. But boy has the last few years been fun. I can honestly sit here and say that if we lost this game I wont be 'as' bummed as I would have been in years past...but I know that as we get closer and the game starts and I get into it...I know I'm going to want this one just as much. The team can only add to it's own legacy at this point, but I reeeeeeally want that 6th to tie the Steelers at the top.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, dodsworth said:

Judging by this poll, roughly 1/3 of colts fans are not going to tune

into this SB. I'm sure our blood runs a little colder than most fan bases

towards Brady and the Pats, but this is saying something about fans

getting tired of Patriot SB reruns of something we see time and again.

I would believe fan bases of the AFC East, Pitt and maybe a few others 

are feeling the same way. I would bet the ratings will be down this year.

Not sure how accurate this pole will be, there is a lot of pat fans on here that I'm sure voted they would be watching lol

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

You're a good guy Yehoodi & once again, I always appreciate you're balanced approach. "I would not be upset if we lost." There's nothing wrong with being greedy when it comes to your favorite team. I know you want a 6th ring for your franchise. If I were in your shoes, I'd want the same darn thing even if I didn't own up  to it publicly. 

It would be a nice feather in your club's cap to match the Steelers level of Lombardi excellence though wouldn't it? I know; I know you can't think about lasting legacy stuff until the game is officially over. 

Yeah, winning ring #5 was very impressive especially with Atlanta's early lead & NE just came back in OT. A lot teams throw in the towel down big in the 3rd quarter but Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, BB, & TB12 didn't panic & maintained focus. I will still watch NE after this yr & I want Matt & of course, Josh to do well in INDY. 

As much respect as I have for DC Jim Schwartz in Philly & the pressure he can generate up the middle, I know Brady will unlock that code by the middle of the 3rd quarter. 

Be selfish Yehoodi. It's okay. :D

1 hour ago, dynasty13 said:

I always said going into the Super Bowl in 2007 that if we could get that last one to go 19-0, I would be happy without another one for the rest of my life. But boy has the last few years been fun. I can honestly sit here and say that if we lost this game I wont be 'as' bummed as I would have been in years past...but I know that as we get closer and the game starts and I get into it...I know I'm going to want this one just as much. The team can only add to it's own legacy at this point, but I reeeeeeally want that 6th to tie the Steelers at the top.

Hey D13, 

I haven't seen ya post on here in awhile. Welcome back man! 

"I reeeeeeally want that 6th to tie the Steelers at the top." LOL!

That's right own that greed to win another one. It's a good thing being driven by habit. Never apologize for that either. As Gordon Gekko said in the movie "WallStreet" 'Greed is a good thing.' 

Nobody wants to get to the SB & lose & besides losing to the NY Giants twice was fitting since BB was their former DC & already won 2 rings there anyway. Not really that much of a blemish to me anyway. 

20 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You're a good guy Yehoodi & once again, I always appreciate you're balanced approach. "I would not be upset if we lost." There's nothing wrong with being greedy when it comes to your favorite team. I know you want a 6th ring for your franchise. If I were in your shoes, I'd want the same darn thing even if I didn't own up  to it publicly. 

It would be a nice feather in your club's cap to match the Steelers level of Lombardi excellence though wouldn't it? I know; I know you can't think about lasting legacy stuff until the game is officially over. 

Yeah, winning ring #5 was very impressive especially with Atlanta's early lead & NE just came back in OT. A lot teams throw in the towel down big in the 3rd quarter but Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, BB, & TB12 didn't panic & maintained focus. I will still watch NE after this yr & I want Matt & of course, Josh to do well in INDY. 

As much respect as I have for DC Jim Schwartz in Philly & the pressure he can generate up the middle, I know Brady will unlock that code by the middle of the 3rd quarter. 

Be selfish Yehoodi. It's okay. :D

I hope you are right SW, be nice to get number 6

Pats have had good luck coming from behind, hopefully this time they can get a lead and hold on

2 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Yes, I felt the same way, especially with that ride in 2007, playing all of those playoffs teams in regular season which was basically a four month long come and get us starting week 2.  I wanted that super bowl, football is a single elimination dance and bounces can go against you.

Given the recent two SB wins and now with this entry, and a few plays going our way really softens the blow of 07

Plus waiting 10 years makes last four really sweet 

40 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

I hope you are right SW, be nice to get number 6

Pats have had good luck coming from behind, hopefully this time they can get a lead and hold on

If NE can stop Philly's running game & force Nick to throw the ball on 3rd down, they have a good chance of winning. During the NFC Championship game, Zimmer & the Vikings did a lousy job tackling & Foles had a ton of wide open throws. Bill won't make it that easy for the Eagles. He just won't. 

Yeah, I get it Yehoodi. You gotta stay neutral & give Philly a 50/50 shot to throw in wrench in the works. Uh huh. NE has proven that they can overcome large scoring deficients & they excel at time management stuff. When to take delay of game penalties & bleed the clock & when to take a timeout to give Brady 30 seconds to finish the game out. Not to speak ill of Pagano or even coach Caldwell, but they both struggled with using timeouts correctly. I pray Josh can reverse this trend. Knock on wood. 

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'll watch with a glass half full attitude.. Who'd want to miss an opportunity to see the Pats lose? If they win, I'll just ignore it and complain about them when it comes up, as I do. 

Some mood music.

I do like Elton John as an artist Fish. He is really good. But, Boston fans have "Peace Of Mind" because they are so experienced at playing in SBs. In the first half they size their opponent up & in the 2nd half they finish their opponent off.

I've seen this scenario play out so many times with NE. Just when you think they're in trouble, they close the deal & the loser is left scratching their head going we had em man what the hades just happened? LOL! 

You get props Fish for using that Elton John song vs say the band Survivor with "Eye Of The Tiger." Well played Fish. 

Slightly off topic: Since Minnesota's new stadium is a very nice facility to host a SB in, I always wonder about the age old debate of should SBs always be played in a dome or not? 

I like when weather can be a factor because it adds another dimension to the game & it means more if your team won a ring under inclement conditions. Except of course thick fog since nobody can see anything as a fan on TV. 

Yeah I know, fans buy more crap if you're in a warm weather city, but still. I like nasty weather SBs. But then again, SW1 is a strange duck. I'll own that. 

The argument in favor of dome SBs is that the best athletes in the world deserve the best playing conditions so QBs can relax & beat their nemesis from the neck up. Still, if your team is the best prepared weather shouldn't hinder a team all that much. JMO. 

Plus, it's an unfair advantage if cities with open stadiums never get a legitimate shot at bidding for a SB down the road either. I'd love to see a SB in GB but there's no way WI could handle all the lodging & food global reporters would need either. Bummer. Hopefully, INDY gets another winning bid since we had such a great experience hosting the last one at LOS. 

2 hours ago, XxGoosexX said:

Not sure how accurate this pole will be, there is a lot of pat fans on here that I'm sure voted they would be watching lol

As of now it's 24 to 16 in favor of watching the SB. Any Colt fan watching

this game hoping for an upset is going to be sorely disappointed. Goodell

wants Brady to ride off in the sunset on a white horse and that is 

exactly what will happen.

I talked to a Jags fan at the bar a couple weeks ago after the Steelers

victory and said to her good game but the NFL doesn't want the Jags

in the SB and told her to watch closely how it unfolds.

A week later in the 2nd half was flag flag flag poof! Another

Patriot SB shoved down our throat.

28 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

I talked to a Jags fan at the bar a couple weeks ago after the Steelers

victory and said to her good game but the NFL doesn't want the Jags

in the SB

Nobody & I mean nobody wants the Jags to play in February. That franchise has been picking high draft picks for what feels like a eternity. Why should the kittens be awarded with a SB appearance? 

If they had represented the AFC in the SB, there's no way I'm rooting for an AFC South rival dw. It's not a Commissioner conspiracy nobody outside Florida wanted the Jags to win a ring. Let's be truthful here. 

I'd definitely be pulling for the Eagles if they were going against Jacksonville. I know it sounds cruel, but it's how I feel. 

3 hours ago, XxGoosexX said:

You can click on the number to the right and you can see who voted for what choice.

Just to be fair, if the Eagles do pull off an upset, I will be happy for Howie Long's son Chris. A great guy who donated his salary to charity this yr. Plus, the Long Family is NFL  royalty. I'd even congratulate RB LeGarrette Blount too. 

Green is my favorite color too. I'm not moving from my NE victory position but if Philly pulls off a miracle ending, I'd be happy for their fanbase too. A very smart & savvy football town. 

When BB finally retires, I feel bad for whoever the new HC is. The expectation levels would be through the roof. I know NE fans who post on this forum are patient, reasonable, & logical but when the bar of excellence is so high for over a decade it must take an enormous adjustment to give the new guy some slack. 

Also, if I remember correctly, the Eagles haven't won anything significant since 1960. So, there's enormous pressure by Philly teammates not to blow this rare opportunity at NFL immortality either. 

I'm curious which side plays more loose. Probably NE since they're so used to the bright lights experience & the moment isn't too big for them since their loses to BIG Blue were close. Then again, Philly is the underdog in this game & that takes a ton of pressure off a team when the expectations are so low by Vegas & so many football analysts downplay whether or not the Eagles can hoist the Lombardi at the end of the night too. 

2 quality franchises going toe to toe on Sunday night. I can't wait. 

Also, I need to say this: I was furious over how HC Mike Zimmer took a slacking for his refusal to talk to reporters after the Vikings lost to the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game. It's really hard to lose the game before the SB.

I mean you are pi**ed. All that hardwork down the drain & you were so close to greatness it hurts. Not to mention stumbling & being the 1st team to play a SB at home in your own stadium. And some stupid reporter asks you man you got creamed how's it feel? And people wonder why guys punch holes into walls. LOL! 

I still have a ton of respect for Zimmer & I know how much losing SBs or a Championship Game hurts. Christ after the Saints dubbed INDY with the onside kick in 2009, they showed that play everywhere & as a Colts fan it really sucked like okay this is getting cruel now. Please stop. 

What I'm getting at here is I understand the pain Vikings fans are going thru like NFLfan. Hang in there.  

Originally, I thought Mike Zimmer should have fulfilled his media obligation right after that loss, but now, I have altered my position & am much more forgiving than I used to be. There are exceptions to every rule for a reason. Extenuating circumstances. 

In yrs past, I even defended BB after a SB loss when some foolish reporter didn't think he was forthcoming enough. Please...Can't these people empathize with players & coaches who came up short at all? Don't pour salt in the wound man. Groveling isn't part of the job description. Lighten up. 

If you ever saw a TV show on Comedy Central called "Key & Peele," they used to a funny skit on there called Obama's Translator. See, the idea was 1 guy would give the polished statement as President of the United States & then another guy who played his silent ego said all the things you can't say but desperately wanted to. It was hysterical man! 

I only mention it because I wished the actor who played Barrack's translator , Keegan-Michael Key, on TV did a rant on stupid football questions after a SB loss for a coach. How you wanna respond but can't. God, that would be funny. 

Mr. Key did some of this no holes barred stuff at the NFL Honors show last yr. It was priceless! 

If the Eagles win it all this yr, that means somebody on the forum can post Steve Miller's 'Fly Like An Eagle" afterward on the forum.

I'll let somebody else do it, probably Gramz since she's seen Steve Miller live. haha

Of course I am watching. It's football... and its the Super Bowl....  Good Gawd some of you Nancy's need to get a grip.  Just because you dont get your way on who is playing you want to take your ball and go home......

Live with it.....   eventually it will be us that is there every yr....  will you get tired of watching the Colts win yr after yr?

I am amazed at most people on this board...  really a bunch of * with very little football knowledge.   

BTW. I hate most of you in case you haven't figured it out by now 

19 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Good Gawd some of you Nancy's need to get a grip.  Just because you dont get your way on who is playing you want to take your ball and go home......

You're line reminded me of George Carlin's skit baseball vs football. "If it rains [in baseball] no one can come out to play." 

"Football begins in the Fall when everything is dying." I have that whole comedy routine memorized. 

You do make a good point Cf. As a Colts fan, I'd never get tired of playing in 8 SBs. It's not NE's fault that they're well coached. We just need to step up our game & hopefully under new leadership we will. 

You know the closer this game gets now the more I wonder if Philly has a chance and with how their team is built they will pull "a Giants". Then I say nah, Brady vs. Foles. Brady rolls.

But the Philly D if it shows up can do some damage.

Just well this is what happens too when you got two weeks before a game and you come up with different scenarios.

Funny thing is, I didn't think the Giants in 2007 had a shot until a few days before the big game. Then I was starting to wonder.

Odds say the Pats win but sheesh two weeks before a game makes you doubt things too. haha