Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl Week Colts Mock Offseason

Here is a somewhat realistic approach I could see happen. As for the draft, these are players that would seem to fit what Ballard wants in my opinion...

Indy resigns: CB Rashaan Melvin, LB Barkevious Mingo, WR Donte Moncrief

Free agency: Indy signs...

ILB Anthony Hitchens, Dallas

RB Dion Lewis, New England

OG Zach Fulton, Kansas City

RT Cameron Fleming, New England

WR Jarvis Landry, Miami 

2018 NFL Draft:

(Indy trades 3rd overall pick to NYJ for 6th, and both 2nd rounders)

Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
Round 2 Pick 4: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso
Round 2 Pick 17 (NYJ): Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas
Round 3 Pick 3: Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
Round 4 Pick 4: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
Round 5 Pick 3: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech
Round 6 Pick 4: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State
Round 7 Pick 3: Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State

Analysis: 

Ballard gets improved talent at LB and CB, two positions he's rumored to be going after in the offseason. Ballard also gets his stud pass rusher to build around in Chubb, who I think could legitimately be there at 6 overall. Hernandez is drafted to start at RG right away, while Fulton mans the LG spot. McDaniels has his 3 RB committee with Mack, Lewis, and Penny. One area still of a little concern after this draft is OL, and it's all depending on how Fleming/Haeg does at RT and how Fulton/Hernandez does at OG. 

Edmunds is a top 12 pick. No way he last until the 2nd round. But Chubb and edmunds would be awesome. If Ballard loves edmunds trade down to 5 or 6. Chubb will still be on the board so bucs might call trade back to 7 and take him, while stock piling 2nd rounders.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

Great thought but that draft won't happen.  You have three possibly four 1st round players going in three rounds.  No way!  I would happily take it though.

Other than maybe Edmunds how so? I’ve not seen any prospect rankings where Hernandez, Jefferson, or Hughes go round 1. 

You have Chubb, Hughes, Edmonds, and Hernandez.  After the Senior Bowl you have some scouts saying Hernandez could sneak into the end of the first going to the Pats.  The other three have been talked about in the first multiple times though.  Hughes is seen as a late 1st, might slide into the 2nd but not the 3rd imo.

Other than the McDaniels connection, I don't see why we would go after Dion Lewis. I could see Mack in more of the Lewis role, Turbin the short yardage back, and then draft our future feature back. I see less of McDaniels trying to bring in ex-Patriots and more of him getting the best out of the guys we have.

I don’t think his mock is unrealistic at all. The combine hasn’t even begun yet. Several players get projected higher than they actually get drafted. On paper at the moment it’s looks off base simply because of mock drafts and so on, but a few players will test poorly and slip. And someone will peepee hot for weed for sure. Personally, I like the effort and think it’s possible.

10 hours ago, Superman said:

Looks a lot like the mock I'm working on...

If you bring Landry to Indianapolis do you play him in the slot or on the outside? I'm guessing Mcdaniels will be moving guys around a ton and we also still have Chester Rogers who has shown he can make plays. If Moncrief is gone I would like for us to sign a taller WR to mix things up.

Would love for us to add another TE that can help stretch the field. I still believe in Swoope as he's shown us that he can stretch the field and make plays with his size and speed. He needs to stay healthy, but I wouldn't mind if the Colts added some insurance during the off-season.  Last year our TE depth chart basically said 1. Doyle 2. Doyle 3. Doyle

I love the trade and the second round picks but.. 

- I think that may be a tad early for Will Hernandez - early third late second is where i see him going

- I don't think Tremaine Edmunds will be there past about 15

- Mike Hughes is a huge stretch in rd. 3 - he's getting a lot of rd. 1 buzz

- I'd like HItchens and Lewis, but I'd be very unhappy with Zach Fulton. We've got 85+ m in cap and we only look to use about 30-40 here. 

Overall, I like the mock. I'd just try and ritz it up a bit more in free agency with a few more guys like Norwell, Gaines, Lawerence, Bradham, etc. And maybe make the picks a tad more realistic. Apart from that I'd be very happy with this.

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:
18 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Great thought but that draft won't happen.  You have three possibly four 1st round players going in three rounds.  No way!  I would happily take it though.

Other than maybe Edmunds how so? I’ve not seen any prospect rankings where Hernandez, Jefferson, or Hughes go round 1. 

Lance Zierlein has Edmunds, Hernandez and Hughes all going in the first.  The link and mock have there own topic in draft section of this forum