Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ProBowl- Anybody watching it?

HOZER

I know a lot people don’t like to watch it, don’t blame them really. Since we have two of our guys playing I’m tuning in off/on.....Doyle just took one heck of a hit from Alexander of the Vikings, made me cringe a little bit! Even the announcers questioned weather Alexander knows the “gentleman’s agreement” among players at the ProBowl , lol! Luckily Doyle was back out there a few plays later. Haven’t seen TY yet. Pouring down rain now, this could get interesting......:sleepy:

9 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I know a lot people don’t like to watch it, don’t blame them really. Since we have two of our guys playing I’m tuning in off/on.....Doyle just took one heck of a hit from Alexander of the Vikings, made me cringe a little bit! Luckily he was back out there a few plays later. Haven’t seen TY yet. Pouring down rain now, this could get interesting......:sleepy:

Sorry to hear that. I am not really watching it but I have it on in the living room. I did not realize the Vikings' Alexander is in the Pro Bowl??? He did not deserve it. Is Rhodes not playing? Alexander must be an injury replacement for Rhodes...

Now that I think about it I think it was Kwon Alexander of the Bucs that hit Doyle. I don't think Mackenzie Alexander is playing.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry to hear that. I am not really watching it but I have it on in the living room. I did not realize the Vikings' Alexander is in the Pro Bowl??? He did not deserve it. Is Rhodes not playing? Alexander must be an injury replacement for Rhodes...

Now that I think about it I think it was Kwon Alexander of the Bucs that hit him.

Oops! You are correct, Bucs not Vikings! :wall:

22 minutes ago, CR91 said:

TY is playing like he wants that car lol. 

I always wonder how the powers that be decide what car or truck to compete for regarding the MVP trophy. 

Is ESPN too frugal to pay for sideline reporters now? Gruden's contract is no longer on the payroll. They can afford it. 

Yeah, I know. I forgot the PB was even on & showed up late. Sorry to hear Jack Doyle got jacked up. Didn't see it. Still feel bad for our TE though. 

42 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I agree...not a big fan of the “participation trophy” thing either

I love how the term Participation Trophy gets thrown around. It has since we hung a Banner for our Final 4 appearance in 2014. Anybody that has been a lifelong Colts fan knows Irsay hangs a banner for making it that far. Nobody has ever had a problem with him hanging the 1995 banner or 2003 banner for making the Final 4. I never heard 1 person complain or make fun of that. When we hang one in 2014 everyone makes fun of it. The media is a powerful thing = ESPN and Patriots media as once they started to mock it, some Colts fans were like - yeah that is dumb. So was 1995 dumb then too? Nobody said a word about that for 20 years. I absolutely have 0 problem with that banner because of Deflategate, that alone gave Irsay a reason to hang it.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love how the term Participation Trophy gets thrown around. It has since we hung a Banner for our Final 4 appearance in 2014. Anybody that has been a lifelong Colts fan knows Irsay hangs a banner for making it that far. Nobody has ever had a problem with him hanging the 1995 banner or 2003 banner for making the Final 4. I never heard 1 person complain or make fun of that. When we hang one in 2014 everyone makes fun of it. The media is a powerful thing = ESPN and Patriots media as once they started to mock it, some Colts fans were like - yeah that is dumb. So was 1995 dumb then too? Nobody said a word about that for 20 years. I absolutely have 0 problem with that banner because of Deflategate, that alone gave Irsay a reason to hang it.

Easy to explain. Too many fans including some Colts fans pay entirely too much attention to ESPN and what any media hounds have to say.

Quite a few times I have read right here in this forum about what the media thinks about the Colts. Frankly, who cares?

ESPN and a few other media hounds have been negative about the Colts that started long before Deflatgate.

I said before that Michael Wilborn has had a long standing issue with Irsay and things haven't changed. I will not list the negative issues they love to talk about as we all pretty know what they are.

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

I agree...not a big fan of the “participation trophy” thing either

The reason why I liked your post RC is straightforward. #1. Considering defensive guys don't really tackle anybody until late in the 4th Qtr, does any pass rusher deserve PB love & recognition? No. #2. Giving a car to a WR & DE brand new wheels as game changers is like a plumber charging you a kings ransom for 5 minutes worth of work.

#3. You're supposed to honor excellence on the field not oh s*** let's chicken out & give a new car to a guy on both sides of the ball. When did just showing up equal a new shiny toy in your driveway back home. Hence, a participation ploy. JMO. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree with what you said earlier. The pro bowl lost it's luster when they quit playing it in Hawaii.

Exactly, buddy. Hawaii has mystique man. Pineapples, pretty hula girls, & volcanos. Nobody ever thinks forget where Magnum PI was filmed. I wanna hang in crocodile country. LOL! 

Disclaimer: I meant no disrespect to Florida citizens born & bred BTW. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

All this taught of steak is making me famished. If somebody rings a bell, I'm not responsible for my actions. Classical conditioning/Pavlov joke. 

Nothing like a Steak that is seasoned, Bake Potato with Butter and Sour Cream, and a nice Salad with Ranch dressing. The food talk on here would get anyone hungry haha 

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The pro bowl lost it's luster when they quit playing it in Hawaii.

Not only that wives want a romantic getaway to put a cherry on the NFL season for their NFL husbands. 

The Aloha State evokes tropical breezes, exotic drinks, & frisky role playing behind closed doors. Florida just can't compare at all. Florida is Spring Break stupidity while Hawaii is where memories are made & children too. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Not only that wives want a romantic getaway to put a cherry on the NFL season for their NFL husbands. 

The Aloha State evokes tropical breezes, exotic drinks, & frisky role playing behind closed doors. Florida just can't compare at all. Florida is Spring Break stupidity while Hawaii is where memories are made & children too. 

Reminds me of an old joke.  Florida? Isn't that the place where all the old folks go to live with their parents? :hat:  Bada Boom!

Since I'm venting...I know I said this in previous yrs...Sorry for repeating myself. But, I want the League to return to having the PB be the very last game of the yr. That way, everybody gets to congratulate the winning team. I really like that approach man. 

Oh, who am kidding. Whatever I say I want or like they discontinue anyway. Sucks getting old. I even joke with myself & warn myself: Don't admit you like something or it'll disappear forever & it usually does. It figures.