Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a Colts fan, do you want McDaniels to do well in SB?

coltsfeva

Don’t buy those 2019 Super Bowl tickets yet. This guy has a history of being a jerk, so why would anyone assume he won’t pull a fast one on the Colts and not take the job? No press conference scheduled isn’t exactly the sign of a done deal. And of course Luck’s health is far more important than hiring this guy anyway.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Don’t buy those 2019 Super Bowl tickets yet. This guy has a history of being a jerk, so why would anyone assume he won’t pull a fast one on the Colts and not take the job? No press conference scheduled isn’t exactly the sign of a done deal. And of course Luck’s health is far more important than hiring this guy anyway.

:facepalm:

48 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

With the superbowl game over with now, lets look at Josh Mcdaniels.  He called one hell of a game! Looking at his play calling only made me more excited at the potential of our offense.  I think Luck will break 5000+ next year.  The way Mcdaniels got his recievers open tonight, showed me how creative he really is.  Like Ashlon Jeffery last year, i’m calling that we win the Super Bowl next year.  I don’t care!

Until he says he is staying with the pats I think this is nothing but a rumor.

51 minutes ago, azcolt said:

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

:facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm:

1 hour ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

With the superbowl game over with now, lets look at Josh Mcdaniels.  He called one hell of a game! Looking at his play calling only made me more excited at the potential of our offense.  I think Luck will break 5000+ next year.  The way Mcdaniels got his recievers open tonight, showed me how creative he really is.  Like Ashlon Jeffery last year, i’m calling that we win the Super Bowl next year.  I don’t care!

If you follow what Chris Ballard has been saying since he was hired as the new GM he doesn't want Andrew Luck to ever throw for 5,000 yards.    EVER!

Ballard wants a well balanced team where the success of the team doesn't hinge on Luck having to make every big play....

Just saying....

I can't stand McDaniels but have often not wanted to say it much openly. I hope for the best but my gut just screams this is the wrong decision. I hope I am wrong and if I am I will eat crow on the forums. I just even woke up before seeing his darn visor in my sleep!!!! Dude just gives me bad vibes.

I give everyone a fair chance though, but I am not one to be troll-ish either.

That game tonight.......was all Brady putting all that up. It's like Lebron James having a huge game in the finals and still losing and people giving credit to his coaches instead.

edit: Not looking for a debate or argument either. Going back to sleep. I hope for the best for the Colts.

35 minutes ago, Jules said:

I can't stand McDaniels but have often not wanted to say it much openly. I hope for the best but my gut just screams this is the wrong decision. I hope I am wrong and if I am I will eat crow on the forums. I just even woke up before seeing his darn visor in my sleep!!!! Dude just gives me bad vibes.

That game tonight.......was all Brady putting all that up. It's like Lebron James having a huge game in the finals and still losing and people giving credit to his coaches instead.

edit: Not looking for a debate or argument either. Going back to sleep. I hope for the best for the Colts.

I was also not feeling this hire. I wanted Pat Shurmur but we have no control over any of this.

The thing I have in the back of my mind is 90% or more of the posters are centering on what McDaniels can do as a OC and what he can do for the offence. My thought process is more in the lines of what can he do as a head coach. A head coaches job involves a lot more than what an OC can bring. Can he manage all the coordinators?  Is he a leader?  The players have to respect him and does he have the people skills to earn that respect?

Been trying to find any post-game Superbowl footage of Josh talking. Finally found one here:

Very poised and you can tell he hates losing, but he's not letting it get to him. Must suck though for him hearing on the loudspeaker the Nick Foles MVP announcement at the end, lol.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

I felt the same way at first, but then I realized something.  I have been thinking all along that the only way we were ever going to get past the Evil Empire was to have someone who has the ability to match wits with BB.  Little did I ever think it might be someone from the Dark Side.  But as I watch Ballard and McD operate, I now think we will have a whole team of bright people, with the ability to plan a good future and think on our feet. We have arguably the smartest QB in the league but we've not really utilized that.  Josh in theory gives us that chance, imo.  So I have changed my thinking a bit.  

Doug Peterson and Josh McD were the ones who shined tonight, not the defenses.  So, , maybe we get some of that going forward.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:38 AM, MightyLucks said:

Hope McDaniels calls a great game and eagles win via a last sec FG due to a pats defensive collapse. Hope it’s like 31-28

So close. Went how I hoped it would go. Put up that many points against that defense after losing cooks. Impressive 

7 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I'm not sure how you can give up 40+ points and not "fall apart" but, ok.

well they were never that good to begin with either.

cant fall apart if you werent together in the first place.  they dont have much talent in the front seven 

On 1/26/2018 at 10:17 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Plus not all the fans In Philly are psycho I've met cool Philly fans I've yet to meet a cool pats fan everyone I've met is arrogant as hell and brags and causes fights by bragging 

I have tons of friends who are Pats fans, and I'll say the ones I meet in real life are typically good people. Patriots fans online (Twitter mostly) are a WHOLE different story.

12 hours ago, azcolt said:

Announcement and press conference is scheduled, Tom Curran tweeted that McD is informing New England today that he's leaving. Step back from the ledge.

Best of both worlds - McDaniels made very good adjustments and the Patriots lost :) . This guy showed he can operate without Gronk in the AFCCG and without Cooks in the SB. Not to mention no Edelman throughout the season. 

Granted, he has a HOF guy pulling the trigger but the plethora of experience dealing with offensive injuries and resorting to all levels of the O - RBs, WRs, and TEs to call plays to stress a D has to be given credit for. 

14 hours ago, azcolt said:

Can you slow me his history of being a jerk?

I would agree with the masses.  We went over to our friend's house to watch the game and they asked me the same question and I responded that I'd like to see the Eagles win 45-41, meaning the Pats looked good on offense but still lost the game.  It pretty much happened that way. 

Jules, I feel what you are saying.  Mickey D wouldn't normally be my first choice.  Something about him, just can't put my finger on it entirely.  With that said, he was probably the best choice in what was a weak HC candidate pool this year.  I can only hope that he has learned from his time in Denver.  His offensive acuity is NOT in question IMHO, and the way he called plays vs. a very good Eagles defense only solidified that in my mind.  I disagree with you saying it was all Brady.  MANY times I saw WR's WIDE open on their routes.  To me, that is a combination of both play-calling and game-planning moreso than Brady hitting a guy who has nobody within 10 yards of him.  Hoping he can develop Luck much in the same way. 

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

I'd rather have a jerk who wins sb's then a mr nice guys who chops wood who gets none

Well if he is a jerk he will get no super bowl wins in Indy. If the players don't buy into what he is selling they won't play for him.

Your Mr. Nice guy wood chopper had no problem with the players playing hard for him and he never lost the locker room. If Mcdaniels is a jerk he will never have the locker room.

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

guess im splitting hairs, but they never had much talent in the first place

It didn't surprise me for the Patriots defense to be so bad but it did surprise me to see the Eagles defense do a good job of falling apart them selves. They did step up right at the right time to get to Brady at exactly the right time though.

20 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I have tons of friends who are Pats fans, and I'll say the ones I meet in real life are typically good people. Patriots fans online (Twitter mostly) are a WHOLE different story.

I think that is true for most teams fans. Way too many can run their mouth sitting somewhere they cant be called out face to face.

I traveled all over this country with my job in the past and found out 99% of fans are pretty good people.

On 2/5/2018 at 2:41 AM, ReMeDy said:

Been trying to find any post-game Superbowl footage of Josh talking. Finally found one here:

Very poised and you can tell he hates losing, but he's not letting it get to him. Must suck though for him hearing on the loudspeaker the Nick Foles MVP announcement at the end, lol.

nice find