Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a Colts fan, do you want McDaniels to do well in SB?

coltsfeva

10 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Since the NFL refuses to run the Veteran's ad, I'm not watching the SB. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/23/nfl-please-stand-ad-rejected-veterans-group

That said, I hope the pats lose. Their fans are among the worst. 

Ever. 

Sounds simple enough, but if you run that ad you have to give equal time those kneeling to allow them to explain why they are kneeling.  I'm certain of this: if, from people of color, an abbreviated list of historical and current grievances would be allowed to be run during the Super Bowl, it would ruin the average person's day 10x as quickly as a pre-game kneel.

Historical(and current) reality:  the NFL is between a rock and a hard place.  Nothing will change until there is a new president. If you enjoy following the Colts and NFL, for the next three years, get used to it.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

3. The crowd doesn't show, the NFL loses, and the XFL reigns supreme. Dilly dilly!

Nothing like some 'He Hate Me'...

I actually went to one of those games I'll admit..

Froze for a quarter at Giants stadium then said # this, I don't care if some team named the NY/NJ Hitmen wins.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I’m telling you guys, it’s a mismatch. Eagles gonna kill

I'm not watching it, but would love nothing more then to hear about it the next day.

I'd actually watch Sportscenter for the first time since the early 00's if they lost. It would make me feel good actually.

13 minutes ago, George Peterson said:

I'd like some examples of that.  Are you talking about the eligible receiver shenanigans the Patriots were engaged in that playoff?

I am not going back and rehashing that playoffs game in question. It was bad enough where Polian did go the NFL and did accomplish what he set out to do at the time. All he wanted was the rules to be enforced that were already in place.

It was games like this that started not only the Colts thinking the Patriots were getting special treatment but other fan bases as well. Add the so called non fumble-tuck rule that beat the Raiders and it's easy to claim the Patriots have the refs in their pocket. Just too many things that make other fan bases think that.

And don't forget spygate.

The Patriots have been the most fined team in the NFL for a reason.

Of course I want my new head coach to do well in the Super Bowl.

I wants the Patriots offense to hang 50 on the Eagles.     I wan't the broadcasters to be dazzled by New England's offense.     I want McDaniels to be a Rock Star!

I want 4+ hours (including post game) of announcers raving about McDaniels and the Pats offense.

I want fans of other teams to lament that their team didn't hire McDaniels.      I want NE to look Fan-Freaking-Tastic!

I don't care about the Pats winning.    I care about the Colts and the best thing for the Colts is for McDaneils to hit a Grand-Slam in the Super Bowl!

:colts:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course I want my new head coach to do well in the Super Bowl.

I wants the Patriots offense to hang 50 on the Eagles.     I wan't the broadcasters to be dazzled by New England's offense.     I want McDaniels to be a Rock Star!

I want 4+ hours (including post game) of announcers raving about McDaniels and the Pats offense.

I want fans of other teams to lament that their team didn't hire McDaniels.      I want NE to look Fan-Freaking-Tastic!

I don't care about the Pats winning.    I care about the Colts and the best thing for the Colts is for McDaneils to hit a Grand-Slam in the Super Bowl!

:puhleeze:

When was the last time the Patriots gave up 30 plus points in a playoff game, probably during that 35-31 win vs the Ravens? Not saying it won't happen but Peyton is the only one I can remember who has beaten the Patriots with the Patriots scoring over 30 points during that 38-34 game. 

If the Eagles have to win, Brady has to score 21 or less, no two ways about it.

However, Patriots 35 Eagles 24 will be what it will end up like, the score.

8 hours ago, Gramz said:

Not in my DNA to root for N.E.    Ever.

I will root for McD to do well when he gets here.

Never, ever will I hope for a NE victory. We know what McD is capable of and I highly doubt they lay an egg from an offensive standpoint. I too will wait till he is on our sideline to root for the him. Really hope this end of the freakin Pats.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not going back and rehashing that playoffs game in question. It was bad enough where Polian did go the NFL and did accomplish what he set out to do at the time. All he wanted was the rules to be enforced that were already in place.

It was games like this that started not only the Colts thinking the Patriots were getting special treatment but other fan bases as well. Add the so called non fumble-tuck rule that beat the Raiders and it's easy to claim the Patriots have the refs in their pocket. Just too many things that make other fan bases think that.

In an 18 year run of high level play including 16 playoff appearances, it's not going to be hard to find moments when 50-50 plays went in the Patriots' favor, or even when the Patriots benefited from a bad call or two.  Since these things tend to stick in the mind,  if you have an issue recognizing your own confirmation bias, that litany of instances where the Pats got the call are going to start to look like a conspiracy, even where no conspiracy actually existed.

This is easily exacerbated when the team itself is heavily focused on on-field discipline and is penalized less as a result than an average team is.  That does create at least a small bias in the referees' mind that can manifest in the flag staying in the pocket on some borderline plays from time to time.  No conspiracy, just reputation

As for Spygate -- that's probably legit, but it's not nearly as significant as people make it out to be.  Every team engages in intelligence gathering.  Heck the only reason the Pats got pounced on for the incident that we know as Spygate is because they were recording from a non-sanctioned part of the field, as opposed to the sanctioned part where everyone else had their cameras set up.  They pushed a little beyond the rules and got slapped.  It happens, especially when the Patriots, like any franchise tries to do, pushes to the boundaries of the rules to gain as much competitive advantage as they can.

BTW the Tuck rule was called correctly.  It's one of those things that looks wrong but was actually the correct call for the situation, similar to the Jesse James incompletion this year that felt like a catch but wasn't, also the Tuck Rule wasn't a new rule in 2001 and that was hardly the first game in which it was enforced.  They got rid of the rule later, fine, that's entirely fair and legitimate, but the 2001 AFCCG has to be called based on the rules that existed in 2001, and at the time, the Tuck Rule was a thing and called correctly in the game.

14 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

I hope for an embarrassing blowout loss for the Pats! A collapse on offense, defense & special teams. I know that won't happen but i can dream right? I can't stand New England. I root for 2 teams every week, the Colts and whoever is playing the Pats.

Yes, I totally agree! here is to for a thousand likes. 

I want Justin Timberlake to have a good halftime show. I like Justin. 

Oh and the game.......don't see the Pats losing this one right now. Or thats what my crystal ball says. The McDaniels thing still hasn't really sunk into my brain yet for some reason. Still feels odd to me haha.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Polian had nothing to do with what happened in 2014. That was 2003 in the AFC Title Game where the Pats Defenders were mugging us all game and getting away with Interference the whole game basically. Then Polian got the Interference/Defensive holding rules changed going into 2006. Where Defenders couldn't get away with as much holding on WR's. What happened in 2014 was John Harbaugh calling out Bill Belichick using illegal formations against them in the Divisional Round. In our game at New England, it was Jackson our LB that noticed something wasn't right with the ball after he intercepted it. So he turned the ball in and it was under legal PSI.

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Polian had nothing to do with what happened in 2014. That was 2003 in the AFC Title Game where the Pats Defenders were mugging us all game and getting away with Interference the whole game basically. Then Polian got the Interference/Defensive holding rules changed going into 2006. Where Defenders couldn't get away with as much holding on WR's. What happened in 2014 was John Harbaugh calling out Bill Belichick using illegal formations against them in the Divisional Round. In our game at New England, it was Jackson our LB that noticed something wasn't right with the ball after he intercepted it. So he turned the ball in and it was under legal PSI.

I never said a 2014 game. All I was doing was explaining why fans of other teams think the Patriots get special treatment from the refs. I was using examples of the reasons.

37 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I never said a 2014 game. All I was doing was explaining why fans of other teams think the Patriots get special treatment from the refs. I was using examples of the reasons.

I quoted the wrong person, that was meant for George Peterson. He brought up Polian. What I said was dead on balls accurate though as Marisa Tomei said in My Cousin Vinny. He will see my Post.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

:no:    :no:  :no:  :trout:        and....  :no: 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it was.  Everyone acknowledges that those balls were below PSI.  Because the Patriot balls were inflated to the lower end of the legal limit, and in the cold the air in the footballs condensed and reduced the air pressure to below the legal limit. No conspiracy, just physics.

47 minutes ago, George Peterson said:

Yes it was.  Everyone acknowledges that those balls were below PSI.  Because the Patriot balls were inflated to the lower end of the legal limit, and in the cold the air in the footballs condensed and reduced the air pressure to below the legal limit. No conspiracy, just physics.

Look, this forum has already been through this way too many times.

I explained to you why fans of other teams dislike the Patriots that goes past just fandom.

Then we have to hear it's all just jealousy by Patriot fans when the fact is there is just cause to be doubtful.

You bringing this up now after all this time serves no purpose but to stir things up.

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

Above all I hope there is not a "controversial" catch or fumble or penalty that the media will then argue for weeks cost one of the teams the game. I thought the Jags would do a better job of getting at Brady but maybe the Eagles will. Denver rocked his world a couple years ago and that is the only way to beat him. But for the millions of Brady/Pats haters do you all hate Joe Louis, Mickey Mantle, Arnold Palmer, Dale Earnhardt Jr, the U of Conn. women's basketball team? If my team gets beat I want it from a worthy opponent not some third string flea flickin' ball boy.

Why did you say Dale Jr?? Dude hardly ever won races 

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I'd stop with this guy I've seen his posts he is the literal definition of a troll beyond annoying!!!

33 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i hope they lose and lose horribly, so i can troll their fans on other sites like they have done to us since deflategate 

Omg this is a great post it's so damn funny that none of them were here until after they made the SB. Now the board is overflowing with trolls with new accounts. Honestly as hard as this board is on language they should be even harder on pats trolls. So sick of listening to their crap right after a big win or anything that they know pisses us off.

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why did you say Dale Jr?? Dude hardly ever won races 

Check out his winnings ($$$) Drivers get points for positions. If you win five races and DNF the others and I come in fourth all season I win the championship. Tat is how NASCAR crown its champions.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah lol that's allbthe ever really won I like him but he sure didn't win much he should have said Jimmy Johnson hahahaha

jimmy Johnson?!. We are talking hatred for the Pats and Brady. Junior is one of the most liked/loved drivers of all time. Look at the Rainbow Warrior, a champion but not popular. 

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

jimmy Johnson?!. We are talking hatred for the Pats and Brady. Junior is one of the most liked/loved drivers of all time. Look at the Rainbow Warrior, a champion but not popular. 

Well I can tell you don't know anything at all about NASCAR lol Jeff Gordon was one of the most popular and won more races then almost anybody in modern day racing. Btw Dale Jr NEVER won a championship.

Btw I'm like 90% sure Jeff Gordon has the most money from winnings not Jr

Also the reason I said Jimmy Johnson is cause he wins all the damn time like NE that's why he's hated like them