Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As a Colts fan, do you want McDaniels to do well in SB?

coltsfeva

I wasn’t sure if this should be under NFL general or Colts football , since I have a qualifier of being a Colts fan.

But I’m going to be watching the NE offense with the knowledge that this offensive mind is coming to Indy. If he’s as smart as players say, he’ll make the most of what he has to work with.

As far as the outcome, I can’t stand either team. I guess I’ll feel good knowing one of the fan bases will be disappointed. I just hope we don’t see violence in Minneapolis that night, but I’m afraid there will be.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

:no:

After last year, I'm debating whether I'm even willing to watch it

I for one will be boycotting the SB because I get no enjoyment out

of watching the Pats. Obviously the NFL mafia is stationed in Boston

with the majority of calls going in Brady's favor.

With that being said I would like the offense to do well but the Eagles 

to win.

29 minutes ago, Nadine said:

:no:

After last year, I'm debating whether I'm even willing to watch it

Right there with ya sista... 

and I have heard the same comment from several people. 

Outside of N.E.  there are not too many people excited about this game.  

19 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I always root for the underdog but if the Pats win I want to watch Brady do his last minute victory march we have all come to know and love.;) If Wentz was playing I wonder what the spread would be.

If Wentz was playing I say the Eagles are favored by 3

One game isn't going to define McDaniels even if the Pats lay an egg. He has proved what he can do. Go Philly. I don't have a problem with Philly as they have never won a SB. Some of their fans can be rude and obnoxious but I don't mind them winning the SB once. I picked the Patriots to win it all before the season started like I did the Broncos in 2015, I hope I am wrong this time!

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Living in South Jersey is brutal when any Philly sports team is doing well and this year has been terrible. Eagles fan are hard to deal with. I am rooting for NE. I am not prepared to deal with Eagles fans who have just won a Super Bowl

Be like me and just move south and not worry about it.  :D

Go Eagles!

Its a great question, I have no strong feelings about who I want to win, but I really want the Patriots to lose (if that makes sense!).

However, I would like to see McDaniels call a good game.  Ideally they take the lead into the last few minutes then Brady throws a terrible interception that is returned for a pick 6 and they lose! :cheer2:

Taking this even further, after the pick 6, Brady and McDaniels get into it on the sideline like they did earlier in the season.......only this time McDaniels hits Brady with a Stone Cold Stunner, takes off his Patriots jersey to reveal a Colts shirt in the ultimate face turn and heads to Indy as a hero! :rock:

I'm a Colts fan first, but after that, I want the AFC to win. Growing up I got sick of seeing the NFC win the Super Bowl every year. I have been enjoying the dominance of the AFC for most of the 2000's. I'm also looking forward to seeing our coach and his play calling. I know I'm in the minority, but I'll be rooting for the Pats.

1 hour ago, coltsva said:

I want the Eagles defense to shut down the Patriots offense. Then in week 2 (just a hunch) next season I want to see how McDaniels attacks the Eagles defense with the Colts offense, using what he learned from the Super Bowl. 

Wholeheartedly agree. 

Even if I didn't dislike NE as much as I do, I don't think I will watch, and certainly don't want them to win...AGAIN. Seeing them in yet another SB is just monotonous...boring. Besides, they will probably win. As much as I don't like them, I would bet on them winning. 

2 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I'm a Colts fan first, but after that, I want the AFC to win. Growing up I got sick of seeing the NFC win the Super Bowl every year. I have been enjoying the dominance of the AFC for most of the 2000's. I'm also looking forward to seeing our coach and his play calling. I know I'm in the minority, but I'll be rooting for the Pats.

Since the 2003 season (last 14 seasons) - AFC 9 NFC 5 but that is mainly because of Brady, Peyton, and Big Ben. Flacco got 1 haha. I want Philly in this one though. I think if Philly wins, this could finally be the start of the fall of the Pats. They are already losing Coaches, Brady is aging and another SB loss for them would be interesting.

4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I want the Pats to blow a huge lead and lose like the Falcons did last year.  I want this to be the beginning of the end of the N.E. dynasty.  And, I want them to go back to those classic uniforms with the patriot on the helmet snapping the football.

Yeah I liked them better when Steve Grogan was QB with those ugly uniforms lmao 

I was torn over this in the AFCCG.  I wanted to see the Jags defense go into Foxborough and Dominate the Pats offense and beat NE at home, but I also wanted to see our future head coach beat the best D in the NFL with guys like Amendola and Burkhead.

I think McDaniels is about to beat another great defense with guys like Hogan and Lewis in the SB.  As much as I would hate to see the Pats win another SB, I think McDaniels is going to show why he's one of the best offensive minds in the NFL.

Can't wait to see what he does with Luck, TY, Mack, and Doyle!  :thmup:  (cuz we have to play some pretty good defenses in the AFC South for the foreseeable future)

I'd like the Pats to win for two reasons:

1.) It'd be great for our next head coach to be coming off of a SB win

2.) I would probably suffocate from all the happiness that would encase my city if the Eagles win...sorry but my friends are all Eagles fans and laughed at Luck's injury. I can't have them win the SB even after losing Wentz.