Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Bout Marqise Lee?

jaguars-35.png  Jaguars | Marqise Lee on his way out?    Wed Jan 24, 01:48 PM

Jacksonville Jaguars impending free-agent WR Marqise Lee is not expected to be re-signed, in the opinion of Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union. Halloran posits that the mostly likely case for Lee being re-signed is if WR Allen Robinson is not retained. Another possibility is that WR Allen Hurns could be released in order to create $7 million more in salary cap space. Lee could also be asked to take a pay cut. However, with WRs Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole contributing well, Lee may be the odd man out.

Footballguys view: Basically what this article is saying is that all things are possible when it comes to Lee and his future with the Jaguars. In a nutshell, if the Jaguars find a way to keep Robinson then Lee is the odd man out. If Robinson moves on, then the team could be more likely to keep Lee...or just move on from him with younger guys like Westbrook or Cole.

Link to story
Marqise Lee player page
Allen Hurns player page
Dede Westbrook player page

I thought he was pretty good this year.

He's on my radar for a WR I'd like to sign.      Not the top WR I'd want,  but one of two I hope we sign.

His injury history is the only thing that worries me.     And it's a serious concern.

But if he could stay healthy,   I think Lee would be a key contributor...

5 hours ago, krunk said:

jaguars-35.png  Jaguars | Marqise Lee on his way out?    Wed Jan 24, 01:48 PM

Jacksonville Jaguars impending free-agent WR Marqise Lee is not expected to be re-signed, in the opinion of Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union. Halloran posits that the mostly likely case for Lee being re-signed is if WR Allen Robinson is not retained. Another possibility is that WR Allen Hurns could be released in order to create $7 million more in salary cap space. Lee could also be asked to take a pay cut. However, with WRs Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole contributing well, Lee may be the odd man out.

Footballguys view: Basically what this article is saying is that all things are possible when it comes to Lee and his future with the Jaguars. In a nutshell, if the Jaguars find a way to keep Robinson then Lee is the odd man out. If Robinson moves on, then the team could be more likely to keep Lee...or just move on from him with younger guys like Westbrook or Cole.

Link to story
Marqise Lee player page
Allen Hurns player page
Dede Westbrook player page

I thought he was pretty good this year.

Landry is better so is Allen Robinson Lee at times cant catch a cold.

Not offering Jeffrey more money or a shorter deal last year will come back to haunt the Colts, only from a stand point of a number 1 potential wide out the Colts clearly need.

This year I think Robinson will get tagged, so off the board. Guy I wanted the most.

Landry will most likely get a deal with Phins at last moment although we could make a play for him if he hits market, however I think Colts will spend more money on other positions and landry would sign elsewhere.

Watkins will stay with Rams, I personally didn't want him anyway.

The rest of the FA wide receivers are not difference makers. 

The one WR though that I do believe has more potential to be better than the rest and if I were the Colts would take a long look at, is Brice Butler formerly with Cowboys. Never got a fair shake in Dallas, but when he did was very productive in AVC and catch rate of target share. Butler could be a steal...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now