Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills writer speculates: What would make the Colts Trade Luck to the Bills???

BigQandTheManiac

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Luck for Cordy Glenn, the 22nd overall pick, and a 2018 2nd rounder?  I don't think you would be able to make that trade on Madden, let alone real life

I should have never clicked on it, since I knew it was click bait, but the above quote shows how delusional the writer is. The article suggests it would never happen unless Luck is healthy. Well if he is healthy, there is no way in the world Indy would ever let go of him, unless you offered many number #1's and then I don't even think so. What makes this articles so delusional is them assuming we would move on from Luck if he is completely healthy. I lost a couple of minutes of my life I want back. I agree, they must be smoking a little of the wacky tobaccy in Buffalo.

3 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

The Bills buffalorumblings is equal to our Stampede Blue. Chocked full of nonsense most of the time.

17 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I should have never clicked on it, since I knew it was click bait, but the above quote shows how delusional the writer is. The article suggests it would never happen unless Luck is healthy. Well if he is healthy, there is no way in the world Indy would ever let go of him, unless you offered many number #1's and then I don't even think so. What makes this articles so delusional is them assuming we would move on from Luck if he is completely healthy. I lost a couple of minutes of my life I want back. I agree, they must be smoking a little of the wacky tobaccy in Buffalo.

Exactly. Irsay has already said there would be no trade of Luck. He is not going to change his mind either.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Luck for Cordy Glenn, the 22nd overall pick, and a 2018 2nd rounder?  I don't think you would be able to make that trade on Madden, let alone real life

It would take more than that, in my opinion. If Cleveland came calling this year and said they would give us their #1, #4, and # 33 this year, I'd gladly send Luck on his way. 

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It would take more than that, in my opinion. If Cleveland came calling this year and said they would give us their #1, #4, and # 33 this year, I'd gladly send Luck on his way. 

Still not enough.  RGknee was worth like 6 picks. Lucks worth 10 times that

Buffalo's two first rounders this year (21st and 22nd overall), their 2nd rounder this year, their first rounder in 2019 and 2020, plus what, maybe their top four players ... then it would have to be considered.

In other words, no way no how.  lol 

Just now, csmopar said:

Still not enough.  RGknee was worth like 6 picks. Lucks worth 10 times that

I'd gladly take more, but I wouldn't scoff at having 5 picks, 3 being in the first 4, in the first 36 picks. I'm sure they would make Levitre, Thomas, or Garrett negotiable as well.

46 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

Does it?

Read the posts people in here are willing to trade him to Cleveland and other teams this year just for a top pick. My question is what QB in this draft is so wonderful that makes them all willing to trade the NFLs top young QB. I don't give a damn if he's hurt or not you don't ship him away. He hasn't came back and played terribly he could come back and be better then ever these people have no idea.

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Elite QBs like Luck are hard to come by.  I wouldn't send him away for that.  I'd demand another 2 or 3 first round picks in return at the very least, and maybe a second or third rounder thrown in there too.  A healthy Luck combined with McDaniels could be a lethal combo

I didn't even click this ridiculous link but seen what the trade scenario was and yes, that trade scenario is a joke. Forget the Bills but hey if the Browns want to give us their 1, 4, and 33 + Myles Garrett I may think about it haha . Otherwise no way am I trading a QB like Andrew Luck who is better than any QB coming out this season. My Browns trade scenario, we could take Rosen 1, Barkley 3, and Chubb 4 + we would have Garrett - Luck is worth that much when healthy! That Bills trade scenario that was laid out, the person must've been high or something lmao 

-With that 33, we take the best O.Lineman available.

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Read the posts people in here are willing to trade him to Cleveland and other teams this year just for a top pick. My question is what QB in this draft is so wonderful that makes them all willing to trade the NFLs top young QB. I don't give a damn if he's hurt or not you don't ship him away. He hasn't came back and played terribly he could come back and be better then ever these people have no idea.

People in here think this is nonsense and the Colts would never trade Luck.

Maybe a couple of people have advocated a trade 

Hardly everyone. 

I don't think this article understands that Andrew Luck is a top 5 QB in the whole league if he's healthy.

The Bills don't have a first rounder we'd be interested in for Luck, not will they have one in the future and they probably aren't trading up for one or trading for one with players/picks they have.

If we were trading Luck, which isn't happening, it wouldn't be with Buffalo.

3 hours ago, Swan Ronson said:

People in here think this is nonsense and the Colts would never trade Luck.

Maybe a couple of people have advocated a trade 

Hardly everyone. 

You'll be surprised how many here have some stupid terror that he is ruined and would gladly trade him 

The article assumes that Luck is healthy and yet the Colts still want to trade him. Further, it concludes that

Much depends on the excitable nature of Colts owner Jim Irsay and that pesky shoulder.

It reads like off season pipe dreams or some kind of alternate reality. What if?

It's fine for the thread to be here because it's no different from other speculation.  

No rules broken, it's not even a rumor.  It's just speculation on how they might acquire Luck.

meh

17 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

No way. I'd ask for next year's first rounder too, at a minimum.

17 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It would be the same mistake mcdaniels made in Denver when he traded cutler. Needing a proven franchise QB is something we haven't had to deal with in 20 years going on 30. I would like to keep it that way. 

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No way. I'd ask for next year's first rounder too, at a minimum.

Yea, I expanded on my view a couple posts down from that one. 

23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

It would be the same mistake mcdaniels made in Denver when he traded cutler. Needing a proven franchise QB is something we haven't had to deal with in 20 years going on 30. I would like to keep it that way. 

As I've said before, I believe everyone has a price. If it meant for the better of the "team", I'd be all for it. I'm not a fanboy of Luck like most around here.

4 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Yea, I expanded on my view a couple posts down from that one. 

As, I've said before, I believe everyone has a price. If it meant for the better of the "team", I'd be all for it. I'm not a fanboy of Luck like most around here.

If we could get a Herschel Walker type haul like the Cowboys did from the Vikings then I would totally be in. Of course I highly doubt anyone would offer a haul like that. No one wants to be known as the team that set up anothers Super Bowl run.