Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think of this mock?

Who is Maurice Hurst and do we need him?

I think we have much more pressing needs than interior DL. Saquon goes way too late in this mock along with Chubb. 

That being said, last year, teams scrambled for quarterbacks and it’s possible they do again. 

Thoughts?

Hes very athletic and disruptive. Other needs may not allow us to take him, but I would be very happy with him. Seems like a young Aaron Donald. 

Imagine a goal line defense with him. He could help us become a Patriots like bend don’t break defense: Woods, Hankins, Hurst, Hunt. Triple H! That would be scary. 

PFF mocks are based on analytics...   they don't take into account a players floor or ceiling.   Especially the ceiling.    They don't use character and scheme fit much.    Not that I'm aware of.

Some of the picks are odd because, well..   they are...   It's a useful tool to get an idea of who has graded out highly..   good for keeping an eye on the unknown players and late bloomers...

It's a resource...  a good resource...   but it's not THE resource.

Hurst is weird. I can honestly say I am not seeing what PFF see in his tape. I've watched 2 games of his. He definitely has flashes, but I don't see him consistently creating pressure or penetration into the backfield. Hell even Mata'afa IMO is much more disruptive. He's probably a mid-first rounder, but I don't know how I would feel about taking him top 3. I don't see it right now. 

(maybe I've just caught weird games of his)

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I think we have much more pressing needs than interior DL. Saquon goes way too late in this mock along with Chubb. 

That being said, last year, teams scrambled for quarterbacks and it’s possible they do again. 

Thoughts?

He is a DL and he isn't even close to a high first round draft pick that entire mock was terrible.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Thoughts?

The only pressing need we have is better o-lineman to protect our top 5 QB. chuckle

We have 3 drafts and 3 fa periods to add a much needed, great interior pass rusher.

Hurst looks lite but he gets off the line so fast they immediately lose leverage. Looks like he has a powerful upper body and is great getting off blocks.
  I would enjoy having that guy on our D.

On 1/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, stitches said:

Hurst is weird. I can honestly say I am not seeing what PFF see in his tape. I've watched 2 games of his. He definitely has flashes, but I don't see him consistently creating pressure or penetration into the backfield. Hell even Mata'afa IMO is much more disruptive. He's probably a mid-first rounder, but I don't know how I would feel about taking him top 3. I don't see it right now. 

(maybe I've just caught weird games of his)

Yeah I'm with you man. I was intrigued by the hype so I watched the Ohio State game and I do not see what they're seeing. Maybe they schemed him out, but he was not this unblockable force that PFF made him out to be with their grades, and I usually agree with them.