Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The final 'real football' day

oldunclemark

I've always thought that the conference championship Sunday was the final real football Sunday.

The Super Bowl is somewhat of a freak show with a time start so late its almost an night game.

The Pro Bowl is, well,   somewhat of a scrimmage, to be kind.

The 2 conference championships back-to-back are the last full Sunday until September...7 months.

Its a little sad.  The NFL off-season is longer than any other sport

(Its also an argument for a spring football league)

27 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Pretty much yes. Super Bowl sunday, is such an anxiety filled day... having to wait until 6:30

I remember in 2009 when the Colts had their Super Bowl against the Saints.  I was so nervous all day.  The two weeks from the conference championship games to the Super Bowl was the longest two weeks of my life!

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I remember in 2009 when the Colts had their Super Bowl against the Saints.  I was so nervous all day.  The two weeks from the conference championship games to the Super Bowl was the longest two weeks of my life!

In 2006 it was even worse.. i just didn't even know what to do with myself lol. But even with Peyton on the Broncos and these Patriots super bowls. I get sooo anxious.

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I hear talk that the College Football playoff wants to go to a 2-week break before the championship game.

I hope they don't.......

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, jvan1973 said:

Why,   they do it in every other sport?

Cause if you can be the 8th seed in a single elimination tournament and get the same chance as the top seed, why try to be the No.1 seed?

Why do you need to win the conference f you're goin gt be in the playoffs anyway.

Plus, its football. Players can get hurt.  The 8th seed has to earn the right to play the top seed.

J82 has a good thought.....if you MUST expand..go to 6 teams...

But there has to be some advantage to being the top seed.