Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota (-3) at Philadelphia (1-21-18)

oldunclemark

6:40 p.m. EST   (The A-team) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews on FOX

Mid-40s and dry at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia   over-under at 39

The Case Keenum miracle reaches the moment of truth as the Minnesota backup QB tries to reach the Super Bowl on the road against the top seed in the NFC. Keenum's run has seem the Vikings win 12 of their last 13.

He may have to go without top receiver Adam Thielen (91 catches, 1,276 yards on the regular season) who has a bad back. 

the Vikings average on 3.9 yards a carry and they face an Eagle defense which has allowed just 62 rushing first downs in 16 games.

Philadelphia backup QB Nick Foles was 23 of 30 last week but he kept  the passes short and frankly, he lucked out last week in a 15-10 win over Atlanta.

The Eagles scored one TD and Foles will have to be better against the top-ranked Minnesota defense

Watch DE Everson Griffin who had 14 sacks during the season against the Eagles backup tackle Hala Vaitai.

This might not be the most entertaining game but there will be drama. Both of these franchises feel they invented post-season failure and that qualifying for the Super Bowl would be like the resurrection.  Add to it that Minnesota hosts the Super Bowl and there will be an overload of emotion when this game ends.

I don't see the Eagles moving the ball against Minnesota and better than they did in their 15-point outburst against Atlanta. 
The Eagles top receivers aren't very fast and Foles cant run and scramble. Philadelphia has to shorten the game with rushing first downs. In the last 3 weeks the Eagles have scored 25 points.  They miss MVP QB Carson Wentz, who was lost for the season a month ago.

If you like kicking, you'll love this game. Look at that over-under....39?  Seriously?  In a conference title game?
Punts....Maybe 14, 15. Field goals:  6 or 7. Remember....15 points at home against the Falcons...

Minnesota is the better team. Take the Vikings and give the points. 3 is irrelevant and you're covered for overtime.

......................and get ready for a New England-MInnesota Super Bowl.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles only chance is if they can push the ball down the field with their rushing game like they did against the Falcons, i dont believe they will be able to against the Vikings. I definitely am cheering for one of these two teams to win it all, i cant take another Pats Superbowl and even though i would prefer Jax over NE, they are still a divisional rival.

Eagle were SB bound until Wentz went down, im not sure the Vikings take down a Wentz led Eagles, but i think they manhandle the Foles led Eagles. Vikings for the Superbowl!!

Honestly this championship weekend is kinda refreshing with 3 new teams and the evil empire. I am hoping for some more Vikings magic! I had Keenum as my QB in fantasy this year. He's capable of playing huge. And Nick Foles shares the TD record for a game with someone else we know. Niether are trash.. but the media has been feeding us that since Sunday. Heck Blake Bortles was a fantasy stat stuffer a few years ago. But now he sucks too apparently lol. 

Either way. I won't do score predictions. But I'll be watching both games with you awesome people on here lol. Here's to a fun day... Hopefully :thmup:

All of you are scaring me, picking the Vikings to win. I think the Eagles are underrated. They are very strong in the trenches. They are coached very well on offense and on defense (Jim Schwartz is good!). When they played the Vikings last year, the Vikes were 5-0, coming off the bye and after a great win against the Texans. The Eagles beat the Vikes, making Sam Bradford look scared. The difference this time is that Keenum responds much better to pressure than Bradford does. However, Keenum is much more prone to making ill-advised passes. (Sam is risk averse while Keenum is the total opposite.) So, let's see what happens. My hope is that we will see the bad Foles and Keenum will play well.

The Eagles have a very short injury list. Only one player is questionable. Everyone else is expected to play. The Vikes have listed Thielen and Sendejo as questionable and as I am writing, I hear on the radio that they are expected to play. We need them. Our DT Shamar Stephen is out after sustaining a knee injury last week. (Knee injuries :thmdown:)

I hope the Vikes win. Whatever happens, I hope we have a new Super Bowl winner. 

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

All of you are scaring me, picking the Vikings to win. I think the Eagles are underrated. They are very strong in the trenches. They are coached very well on offense and on defense (Jim Schwartz is good!). When they played the Vikings last year, the Vikes were 5-0, coming off the bye and after a great win against the Texans. The Eagles beat the Vikes, making Sam Bradford look scared. The difference this time is that Keenum responds much better to pressure than Bradford does. However, Keenum is much more prone to making ill-advised passes. (Sam is risk averse while Keenum is the total opposite.) So, let's see what happens. My hope is that we will see the bad Foles and Keenum will play well.

The Eagles have a very short injury list. Only one player is questionable. Everyone else is expected to play. The Vikes have listed Thielen and Sendejo as questionable and as I am writing, I hear on the radio that they are expected to play. We need them. Our DT Shamar Stephen is out after sustaining a knee injury last week. (Knee injuries :thmdown:)

I hope the Vikes win. Whatever happens, I hope we have a new Super Bowl winner. 

Its close....but the Eagles offense was base on Wentz; ability to make plays and throw the ball downfield

Keenum isnt afraid. He'll throw the ball confidently in a close game.

I saw Nick Foles limited to short tosses last week...,and he cant run if the rush gets close/

I know that the home team usually win conference title games but I thought Atlanta outplayed the Eagles last week .

The weather is also much better than expected for mid-January..a big aid to the Vikings.

a side note. I saw the Falcons players slipping on offense and defense last week. I hope the Vikings noted that and came equipped with multiple types of shoes.

Eagles have a very long injury list. Carson Wentz is out. With him on crutches, the Vikings are the better team

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Eagles have a very long injury list. Carson Wentz is out. With him on crutches, the Vikings are the better team

Wentz is on IR and is therefore not on the Final Injury list. The only Eagles player who is questionable is Dannell Ellerbe.

I think home field advantage will be huge. It will be hard to run on the Eagles. Keenum will need to come up big and not make ill-advised throws. The Vikes defense will have to force turnovers. This won't be easy at all.

I agree that if Wentz was playing, the Vikings would not have a chance. Too bad for the Eagles fans. But he is young and will be back next year. (Btw, Wentz grew up a Vikings fan in North Dakota.)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Wentz is on IR and is therefore not on the Final Injury list. The only Eagles player who is questionable is Dannell Ellerbe. 

Relax. You're quibbling semantics. Everyone who is questionable is playing today. Its the conference title game.

Wentz is on the IR which is the ultimate final injury list... So is the Eagles left tackle Jason Peters

Those are two very serious injuries and they have handcuffed the Eagle offense.  We've seen that for a month now.

There is no comparable player to Wentz not playing on any of the 4 remaining teams.

The Viking defense does not have to force turnovers against an Eagle offense that rolled up one TD against a Falcon defense that isn't as good as the Viking defense, agreed.??

The spread is 3 points....but the Vikings are favored on the road...They would be a 7-10 point favorite if the game was played in Minneapolis. The Vikings are the better team, agreed?.

Dont be afraid to be optimistic.

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Relax. You're quibbling semantics. Everyone who is questionable is playing today. Its the conference title game.

Wentz is on the IR which is the ultimate final injury list... So is the Eagles left tackle Jason Peters

Those are two very serious injuries and they have handcuffed the Eagle offense.  We've seen that for a month now.

There is no comparable player to Wentz not playing on any of the 4 remaining teams.

The Viking defense does not have to force turnovers against an Eagle offense that rolled up one TD against a Falcon defense that isn't as good as the Viking defense, agreed.??

The spread is 3 points....but the Vikings are favored on the road...They would be a 7-10 point favorite if the game was played in Minneapolis. The Vikings are the better team, agreed?.

Dont be afraid to be optimistic.

I did not say I was afraid or not optimistic. I just think that folks are dismissing the Eagles because of their QB.

The Atlanta defense is pretty good. They held the Vikings to 14 points. That was without some starters including their star CB Trufant. I traveled to Atlanta for that game; I expected the Vikes to score a lot more.

Anyway, this should come down to match-ups and turnovers. The Eagles match up well against the Vikes. Despite losing Peters on the OL, the Eagles OL is top 5 if not better. Their one weak spot is LT who is going against Everson Griffen. Griffen has not been the same since getting plantar fasciitis. And don't forget the Eagles have HFA.

I won't complain if I am wrong. :D

Again, I say. Relax.    The Atlanta defense is not the Minnesota defense...Not close.

The Eagles do not have a Top-5 O-line without Peters......as you will see.

Minnesota is the better team.

You dont have to take my word for it.

The oddmakers have the Vikings a 3-point road favorite..

That NEVER happens on the road in the confererence title game.

It means the Vikes are actually 7-10 points better...according to the 'wise guys'

You say you're not afraid to be optimistic??   Really???

Okay then, give me 9 or 10 paragraphs as to why the Vikings WILL win like you just have for why the Eagles have so many advantages.

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You say you're not afraid to be optimistic??   Really???

Okay then, give me 9 or 10 paragraphs as to why the Vikings WILL win like you just have for why the Eagles have so many advantages.

Do you think that any fan being objective is "afraid"? That's absurd. I think Philly has a great chance to win. I think they are better than us in some aspects. And they have HFA!!! That cannot be underestimated. If the Vikes were playing at home, I think they would win easily. 

How many people thought the Eagles were going to beat the Falcons? Almost no one. 

I am so much more relaxed today than I was last week. So, don't worry. I am fine.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Do you think that any fan being objective is "afraid"? That's absurd. I think Philly has a great chance to win. I think they are better than us in some aspects. And they have HFA!!! That cannot be underestimated. If the Vikes were playing at home, I think they would win easily. 

How many people thought the Eagles were going to beat the Falcons? Almost no one. 

I am so much more relaxed today than I was last week. So, don't worry. I am fine.

You're not being objective..You're playing 'Devils advocate'

Its safe to say we all know the Eagles are at home and the Vikings are favored anyway, right? Why is that?

I don't know you but I appreciate that you are a Vikings fan, right?

But you're arguing for the Eagles and the Vikings are favored.

I laid out why (defense, QB, receivers) I think the Vikings will win and I'm not a Viking or Eagle fan.

I dont have any stake for or against either side. I'm just telling you what I see. And what the oddsmakers obviously see

I remember in 2015 when old Peyton played for the Broncos in the AFC title game. The last time I had a real rooting interest. Its a good feeling to know your side is favored and should win. I didn't spend time talking about how that other team (whose name I wont mention) was good, too.  I was sold on my guys.

. So fly your flag. This is your big day. Today is the day you go to the Super Bowl. Its all good

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

You're not being objective..You're playing 'Devils advocate'

Its safe to say we all know the Eagles are at home and the Vikings are favored anyway, right? Why is that?

I don't know you but I appreciate that you are a Vikings fan, right?

But you're arguing for the Eagles and the Vikings are favored.

I laid out why (defense, QB, receivers) I think the Vikings will win and I'm not a Viking or Eagle fan.

I dont have any stake for or against either side. I'm just telling you what I see. And what the oddsmakers obviously see

I remember in 2015 when old Peyton played for the Broncos in the AFC title game. The last time I had a real rooting interest. Its a good feeling to know your side is favored and should win. I didn't spend time talking about how that other team (whose name I wont mention) was good, too.  I was sold on my guys.

. So fly your flag. This is your big day. Today is the day you go to the Super Bowl. Its all good

I won't go back and forth with you any further. If I was an Eagles fan, you would just assume that I am a homer. But because I am a Vikings fan, you're claiming that I am playing Devil's Advocate and describing me as "scared". Believe what you will. I'm done with this.

Enjoy the games.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I won't go back and forth with you any further. If I was an Eagles fan, you would just assume that I am a homer. But because I am a Vikings fan, you're claiming that I am playing Devil's Advocate and describing me as "scared". Believe what you will. I'm done with this.

Enjoy the games.

You don't get bthat you're arguing for the Eagles when you're a Vikings fan

Being afraid to be optimistic is not being objective. You may not understand the words you are using.

You dont have to 'front' of pretend 'here'...  .Just be for your team.   Fly your flag. Or don't.

The Vikings are favored and they are the better team. They will win.

I hope they win for your sake because I know how great it feels when your team wins.

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

These Eagles fans are ridiculous. They are throwing beer cans at Vikings fans walking to the stadium.  

I'm sorry to say, this is pretty much the norm there. THE worst fans ever. I hate the fact that my daughter lives in Philly almost as much as I did when she lived in New Orleans.