stitches

Official 2018 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

Recommended Posts

Here's the official thread to post and document everything we can gather as information about the players the Colts have shown any interest in. I'm starting with an interesting tidbit from the Shrine game:

 

 

Seems like something people would have thought about so they can go back and revisit player's answers... but obviously not. Good to see the Colts being somewhat innovative with their techniques. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, stitches said:

Here's the official thread to post and document everything we can gather as information about the players the Colts have shown any interest in. I'm starting with an interesting tidbit from the Shrine game:

 

 

Seems like something people would have thought about so they can go back and revisit player's answers... but obviously not. Good to see the Colts being somewhat innovative with their techniques. 

Interesting, don't we have that ex-military guy on staff who is supposed to be an expert on people's character? Maybe he has something to do with this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are probably taping all the interviews so they can be seen when JoshMcd is the coach and he too can review them

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a weird one but... According to Tony Pauline the Colts have Southern Mississippi WR Korey Robertson graded as a day 2 pick right now:

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-–-senior-bowl-finale

 

Quote

Southern Miss wide receiver Korey Robertson is rated as early as the third round by some teams. I’m told that Robertson received his combine invitation in the first batch that went out to the underclassmen and that he’s presently graded as a second-day pick by the Washington Redskins and Indianapolis Colts.

 

Here's some highlights. Looks interesting:

 

 

 

I would count this as "interest". It seemed like last year there were more leaks about Colts meeting players at the Shrine game and the Senior Bowl. We really haven't gotten many of those this year. Ballard has probably tightened up the operation a bit since he wasn't on the team during those bowls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First look at Robertson but I like the physicality he plays with. Breaks tackles after the catch, goes up and gets it, and uses his body well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Wyatt Teller has met with the Colts at the Combine. Possible day 3 pick guard? 

 

Can I ask for this thread to be pinned. I will be updating it with new information as I find it. There probably will be a lot of leaks about Colts meeting people in the following weeks and months. Thanks to the mods in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

Interesting, don't we have that ex-military guy on staff who is supposed to be an expert on people's character? Maybe he has something to do with this.

Yes!  I would imagine it IS Brian Decker.  I was wondering if anyone would be talking about him.  I'm still excited he will be around to help make our draft stronger.  He's probably taping to study their body language.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 12:33 PM, BProland85 said:

 

Love him. Would be thrilled to get him early round 3 if we don't get Bradley Chubb. He is a bit undersized so he could fall to there. 

 

He's a 3-4 OLB and not really a scheme fit here....

 

The chances we draft him are not very high.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

 

Wyatt Teller has met with the Colts at the Combine. Possible day 3 pick guard? 

 

Can I ask for this thread to be pinned. I will be updating it with new information as I find it. There probably will be a lot of leaks about Colts meeting people in the following weeks and months. Thanks to the mods in advance. 

Interesting. He’s currently mocked to us in the 4th round on Drafttek. Don’t know much about him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Colts meeting DJ Moore at the combine. He's a fun receiver with great hands, who measured better than expected at the combine. He's currently projected to be a second rounder, but I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps in the first after the combine. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be shocked if we draft a WR in the second or third round. Here's another highly ranked WR we've met at the combine:

 

Courtland Sutton is projected to go in the first or early second so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This WR class is so weak that I'm not sure I'd invest a high draft pick on a WR with the talent that should be available there at other positions of need such as OL, DL, LB, CB, and RB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another unsurprising one. Saquon Barkley just said on NFL TV he interviewed with the Colts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

This WR class is so weak that I'm not sure I'd invest a high draft pick on a WR with the talent that should be available there at other positions of need such as OL, DL, LB, CB, and RB. 

I think it's weak at the top, but I also think there are some intriguing names in the 2nd-4th round range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's another unsurprising one. Saquon Barkley just said on NFL TV he interviewed with the Colts. 

I think the Colts are doing their due diligence, and also should be interested.

 

I think with how Barkley tested, he will go #1 to the Browns and the Giants will select Chubb at #2. That leaves us with Fitzpatrick at #3 or trade down to land Nelson and get an extra pick(s).

 

The Browns know we will not select a QB, so if they stay at #4, they will have their pick. I don't think the Giants will select at QB either. If we trade the #3 spot, the Browns may be interested in moving up to choose their guy. This way, the get Barkley and the QB of their choice.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The Browns know we will not select a QB, so if they stay at #4, they will have their pick. I don't think the Giants will select at QB either. If we trade the #3 spot, the Browns may be interested in moving up to choose their guy. This way, the get Barkley and the QB of their choice.

Them going Barkley at 1, because they assume they'd have their pick of QB's at 4 is a terrible idea. They have no clue what is going to happen after they make their first pick. The Giants could go QB or trade down with someone else who will go QB. We may also trade back with someone else that wants a QB, especially because the Browns would have less draft capital to give up than some other teams potentially moving up and it's never guaranteed we'd take their trade over someone else's.

 

If they go Barkley, then the next 2 picks are QB's, that leaves the Browns at 4 potentially missing out on their top 2 choices at QB. As big of a quality QB drought as the Browns have had, I seriously doubt they pass up on the chance to get their guy, especially with John Dorsey running the show now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I think the Colts are doing their due diligence, and also should be interested.

 

I think with how Barkley tested, he will go #1 to the Browns and the Giants will select Chubb at #2. That leaves us with Fitzpatrick at #3 or trade down to land Nelson and get an extra pick(s).

 

The Browns know we will not select a QB, so if they stay at #4, they will have their pick. I don't think the Giants will select at QB either. If we trade the #3 spot, the Browns may be interested in moving up to choose their guy. This way, the get Barkley and the QB of their choice.

 

 

The Browns cannot afford to think like that if they like a specific QB, exactly because we can trade back and give our pick to a team that might take the guy they like... And same goes for the Giants - even if they don't want a QB, if you get their favorite player(lets say Barkley), they are very likely to trade back with a team who wants a QB. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

This WR class is so weak that I'm not sure I'd invest a high draft pick on a WR with the talent that should be available there at other positions of need such as OL, DL, LB, CB, and RB. 

 

I saw a great/scary quote from an unnamed NFL exec that said this WR class is fine in Rounds 3-7.

 

Think about that!     Like a cake with no frosting,  there's nothing at the top.     Not much to talk about in the first two rounds.

 

Wow.        Just.....     wow!       (and not in a good way!)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I saw a great/scary quote from an unnamed NFL exec that said this WR class is fine in Rounds 3-7.

 

Think about that!     Like a cake with no frosting,  there's nothing at the top.     Not much to talk about in the first two rounds.

 

Wow.        Just.....     wow!       (and not in a good way!)

 

I would agree, with the caveat that I like some of the guys projected for round 2. The problem is that the top is so barren that those second rounders might get pushed into the first and thus become not so good a value... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shive said:

Them going Barkley at 1, because they assume they'd have their pick of QB's at 4 is a terrible idea. They have no clue what is going to happen after they make their first pick. The Giants could go QB or trade down with someone else who will go QB. We may also trade back with someone else that wants a QB, especially because the Browns would have less draft capital to give up than some other teams potentially moving up and it's never guaranteed we'd take their trade over someone else's.

 

If they go Barkley, then the next 2 picks are QB's, that leaves the Browns at 4 potentially missing out on their top 2 choices at QB. As big of a quality QB drought as the Browns have had, I seriously doubt they pass up on the chance to get their guy, especially with John Dorsey running the show now.

 

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

The Browns cannot afford to think like that if they like a specific QB, exactly because we can trade back and give our pick to a team that might take the guy they like... 

In the scenario mentioned, the Browns would absolutely be taking a chance. If they have a favorite QB prospect, the smart thing is to take him at #1.

 

At this point, we do not know that they do have a favorite, or if they even like any of the QBs in the draft, as compared to getting one through FA. We'll find out soon enough depending on what they do in FA.

 

This is their gamble:

1. They are relying on the Giants to not draft a QB, especially if the Browns have a favorite. If the Giants do select a QB, then the gamble does not pay off, but the Browns would still have a chance at one of the top QBs in the draft. If the Giants trade, the Browns could still be in play as a trade partner with their #4 pick and additional late round picks.

 

2. They know that the Colts will not select a QB. If the Colts stay at #3 and select a player, then the Browns get their guy. If the Colts trade the pick, the Browns could be a trade partner. Colts get their #4 pick and later round picks, Browns get their guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

 

In the scenario mentioned, the Browns would absolutely be taking a chance. If they have a favorite QB prospect, the smart thing is to take him at #1.

 

At this point, we do not know that they do have a favorite, or if they even like any of the QBs in the draft, as compared to getting one through FA. We'll find out soon enough depending on what they do in FA.

 

This is their gamble:

1. They are relying on the Giants to not draft a QB, especially if the Browns have a favorite. If the Giants do select a QB, then the gamble does not pay off, but the Browns would still have a chance at one of the top QBs in the draft. If the Giants trade, the Browns could still be in play as a trade partner with their #4 pick and additional late round picks.

 

2. They know that the Colts will not select a QB. If the Colts stay at #3 and select a player, then the Browns get their guy. If the Colts trade the pick, the Browns could be a trade partner. Colts get their #4 pick and later round picks, Browns get their guy.

There's always a chance that scenario plays out favorably for the Browns, but the probability of that is low and I don't see a franchise that's consistently terrible getting that reckless in the draft, especially with a GM like Dorsey. They're way better off ensuring they get their QB and hoping Barkley falls to #4, which is way more probable. As amazing of a talent as Barkley is, I don't think teams are having as much of an emotion response to his combine that as us fans. Positional value is still a factor and not every team is willing to pull the trigger on a RB that early.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if the Browns really love Barkley...   they take their QB 1st and trade up from the 4th spot to take him.. 

 

Theyve hit tons of extra draft picks that * could use to make it happen....

 

That way they get their QB and their RB.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think if the Browns really love Barkley...   they take their QB 1st and trade up from the 4th spot to take him.. 

 

Theyve hit tons of extra draft picks that * could use to make it happen....

 

That way they get their QB and their RB.

 

The only way for the Browns to get Barkley is trade up with the Giants. If the Giants want Barkley it's not happening.

I don't think Dorsey would trade a kings ransom for him in the middle of a rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

The only way for the Browns to get Barkley is trade up with the Giants. If the Giants want Barkley it's not happening.

I don't think Dorsey would trade a kings ransom for him in the middle of a rebuild.

 

Maybe......

 

But Dorsey has the Kings Ransom to move if he wants Barkley.....

 

And if the Giants don't take Barkley....   if they prefer Chubb or even a QB,   then Barkley is there at 3 for Cleveland to come get....     I'd welcome moving back one spot....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a Brown scenario 

   They have more the one QB favorite or get their QB in FA so they take SB at 1 and get their QB at 4 or use it as a bonus pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Opinion from TigerTown   

   Browns take SB at 1 unless they have only 1 QB they are in love with and/or they fear that the NYG and Colts will take(NYG) or wheel and deal(NYG and Ind) with another QB needy team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's another unsurprising one. Saquon Barkley just said on NFL TV he interviewed with the Colts. 

I heard that too.

 

He actually reminds me of luck in a way he credited everyone else but himself for him staying out of trouble while in college.

 

That honestly sounds like something luck would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

An Opinion from TigerTown   

   Browns take SB at 1 unless they have only 1 QB they are in love with and/or they fear that the NYG and Colts will take(NYG) or wheel and deal(NYG and Ind) with another QB needy team

I have to think with no clear-cut number one quarterback in the draft and having a pick at both 1 and 4 that the Browns would strongly be considering taking Barkley at 1, and QB at 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I heard that too.

 

He actually reminds me of luck in a way he credited everyone else but himself for him staying out of trouble while in college.

 

That honestly sounds like something luck would say.

He seems like a top notch kid. Zero concerns off the field, very few concerns on the field. He is a legit blue chip player. Too bad he wasn't a player at a more valuable position. But then again... if he was he wouldn't fall to us. He might not fall to us either way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think if the Browns really love Barkley...   they take their QB 1st and trade up from the 4th spot to take him.. 

 

Theyve hit tons of extra draft picks that * could use to make it happen....

 

That way they get their QB and their RB.

 

That would be the smart play. They can trade #33 to either the Giants or Colts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stitches said:

He seems like a top notch kid. Zero concerns off the field, very few concerns on the field. He is a legit blue chip player. Too bad he wasn't a player at a more valuable position. But then again... if he was he wouldn't fall to us. He might not fall to us either way. 

Yeah I like the kid, but I still don't want to draft him at 3.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think it'd be crazy for the Browns take Barkley at #1 and a QB at #4. Not just saying this after ther combine hype either, I've been of the thought for a while that the Browns could go Barkley at #1.
 

If Dorsey doesn't fall in love with any one QB prospect, or thinks they're all of at least somewhat similar talent, it's not too crazy an idea. They get the "generational talent" at RB who would also immensely help out whichever QB they draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb formally meeting the Colts tonight:

 

He has met the Colts several times informally already:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts will have private workout with West Georgia WR Deniko Carter who wasn't invited to the Combine:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.