Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official 2018 Colts NFL Draft Tracker - Meetings, Interviews, Private Workouts, etc

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Hey, ya'll I remember during the senior bowl seeing an excel sheet of who the colt's were speaking to and can't find it, do any of you know of it I think it might of been Stampede Blue

Brent is one of the best Colts follows on twitter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colts met with Ohio State DT/DE Jalyn Holmes at his pro day:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-–-ohio-state

Jalyn Holmes has been getting a lot of play from teams lately. The Buckeyes defensive end is getting consideration inside as a three-technique tackle, as teams love his athleticism, size and ability to be an interior rusher. Holmes stood on most of his combine marks, and since last night he has interviewed with more than a half-dozen teams, with the Carolina Panthers, Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints among them. 

He might be a 3tech option for us. 

Also... we have some official 30 visits it seems:

Grambling S Montrel Meander has been invited for an official 30 visit with the Colts:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-–-grambling

Montrel Meander really lit it up today.   The safety, who measures about 6-feet-2-inches and 208 pounds, timed 4.42s in the forty, touched 37.5 inches in the vertical jump and reached 10-feet-4-inches in the broad jump.  Meander is being compared to former Hurricane Adrian Colbert, the seventh round pick of the San Francisco 49ers who turned out to be a steal for the franchise.

Meander will be making an official thirty visit to see the Indianapolis Colts.

Michigan FB Khalid Hill with scheduled visit with the Colts:

Colts met with USF DE Mike Love:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-south-florida

Unheralded defensive end Mike Love had a big pro day.  The senior, who posted 11 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks last season, completed 24 reps on the bench press, touched 35 inches in the vertical jump and reached 10-feet-1-inch in the broad jump.  He timed 4.76s in the forty and 7.05s in the 3 cone then looked good in both defensive line and linebacker drills.

Love met with the Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts as well as the Los Angeles Chargers, who really like him.  He will be working out for the Tampa Bay Bucs this week.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

This one is not very reliable(not well known reporter) but for whatever it's worth:

Colts will be visiting Florida WR Antonio Callaway in Gainsville on Thursday. 

Did some research on him. Callaway reminds me completely of Josh Gordon, in both character concerns and talent.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Did some research on him. Callaway reminds me completely of Josh Gordon, in both character concerns and talent.

He looked sooooooo good at the combine. Very talented receiver. IMO he won't be picked in the 2nd round though... Too many red flags. I can see Ballard doing one of his special visits where he goes to visit his family for a day or two and if he's satisfied with what he sees and hears he picks him as a steal (Tyreek Hill like) round 4-5-6... I honestly don't know when the sweet spot for him would be... 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

He looked sooooooo good at the combine. Very talented receiver. IMO he won't be picked in the 2nd round though... Too many red flags. I can see Ballard doing one of his special visits where he goes to visit his family for a day or two and if he's satisfied with what he sees and hears he picks him as a steal (Tyreek Hill like) round 4-5-6... I honestly don't know when the sweet spot for him would be... 

If we take him in the 2nd, I would genuinely be upset. He could easily reach that potential as a 2nd rounder, but that's not the spot to take him. I do agree if Ballard can get a read on him like Peters and Hill, then take him later on, he could be just as good as Hilton and that's worth the risk in the middle rounds. Plus, he's just awesome on special teams, and that's something we've been lacking for a long time.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

This one is not very reliable(not well known reporter) but for whatever it's worth:

I don't know about the 2nd round, but I can sort of see the interest.  Callaway is very talented without a doubt.  I could see Ballard sending people or even going down there himself privately to really get a chance to know him.   Lot of red flags on Callaway though.

20 hours ago, stitches said:

I have no idea who Scott LaPeer is....

But...   the idea that we'd actually TELL a possible draft pick WHEN we'd actually draft him strikes me as either pure fiction OR trying to smoke out a possible leaker.

As most every media type has noted, the Colts under Ballard DO NOT LEAK!   Period.

And now we're supposedly telling a prospect that we're using one of our 2's on him?!?   Sorry, NOT buying it.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no idea who Scott LaPeer is....

But...   the idea that we'd actually TELL a possible draft pick WHEN we'd actually draft him strikes me as either pure fiction OR trying to smoke out a possible leaker.

As most every media type has noted, the Colts under Ballard DO NOT LEAK!   Period.

And now we're supposedly telling a prospect that we're using one of our 2's on him?!?   Sorry, NOT buying it.

IMO the guy is connecting dots rather than working with inside info - like... he values Callaway highly, Colts now have 3 seconds and he assumed he will be picked there. 

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO the guy is connecting dots rather than working with inside info - like... he values Callaway highly, Colts now have 3 seconds and he assumed he will be picked there. 

Yikes...    that's a bad way to do your business...   you may be right..

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's more on Colts and Callaway from the pro day today - Colts scout spent 20 minutes talking to Callaway:

Looks like that other reporter might be on to something I guess maybe at least from an interest standpoint.   Talent is undeniable I'll say that.  Of course I don't like all the baggage. If Ballard pulls the trigger he must have really felt comfortable with his due dilligence.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Looks like that other reporter might be on to something I guess maybe at least from an interest standpoint.   Talent is undeniable I'll say that.  Of course I don't like all the baggage. If Ballard pulls the trigger he must have really felt comfortable with his due dilligence.

I’m not comfortable pulling the trigger on him early. Any round after the 3rd, but he’s being projected to go between rounds 2-3.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:33 PM, stitches said:

Brent is one of the best Colts follows on twitter. 

Thanks for this info! What is interesting to me is the lack of OL on this list. 2 of the 4 listed are potential 1st rounders. 

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not comfortable pulling the trigger on him early. Any round after the 3rd, but he’s being projected to go between rounds 2-3.

As for Callaway, if he drops because of his off field baggage, I’d use our 6th on him to try and jump the field. If he’s gone before that, I’m ok with that. 

Colts met with UCF DT Antonio Guerad and with UCF OT Aaron Evans at their pro day

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-central-florida

Defensive lineman Antonio Guerad, a participant in the NFLPA game, measured 6030 and 298 pounds and touched 27 inches in the vertical jump. His 40 times were in the 5.3s, while he clocked 4.76 in the short shuttle and 7.7 in the three-cone. Guerad, who looked fluid in drills, spent time with both the Los Angeles Chargers and Indianapolis Colts today.

Offensive lineman Aaron Evans measured 6047 and 309 pounds, completed 27 reps on the bench and hit 25 inches on the vertical jump. He timed 5.35 in the 40, 7.79 in the three-cone and 4.76 in the short shuttle. He spent significant time with the Los Angeles Chargers and Indianapolis Colts. Evans is making an official-30 visit to see the Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs next month.

Colts showing interest in University of Minnesota RB Kobe McCrary

Colts showing interest in JMU safety Jordan Brown:

Colts showing interest in RPI Kicker Christian Kapp:

Also, Southern Miss RB Ito Smith will be having a visit with the Colts::

Colts expressing interest in Yale OLB Matt Oplinger:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-30-yale-south-dakota-state-tcu

Yale

Yale linebacker Matt Oplinger was not rated by scouts entering the season, but after a campaign which included 42 tackles and 11.5 sacks, he’s now on their radar.

Seven teams including the San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions made their way to New Haven, Connecticut, this morning, and Oplinger did not disappoint.

Oplinger measured 6022 and 250 pounds, completed 25 reps on the bench press and touched 32 inches in the vertical jump as well as an impressive 10-foot-5 in the broad jump.

He timed 4.75 in the 40, 4.49 in the short shuttle and 7.38 in the three-cone and looked really good in drills. Oplinger, who could land in the final rounds of the draft, is scheduled to work out for the New Orleans Saints.

36 minutes ago, stitches said:

Illinois DE/LB James Crawford will have visit with the Colts next week(our D-Line coach Mike Phair was Illinois D-Line coach until recently):

Looking into him, he was recruited as a safety, then moved to a hybrid S/LB position, then last season weak side DE. I could see him as a WILL with pass rush potential. Not a bad late round or UDFA pick-up.

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

I kind of pay attention to the top 30 visits.   We drafted at least 4 people from those top 30 last year. Hooker, Wilson, Basham, Grover Stewart.

The thing is... this year it seems like a lot of our visits are for fringe/small school type of players. Look at those names:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kTZvuUSuno6bdvr_SVW6joxYGVdaw1D449Mm4Fe0Emo/edit#gid=0

Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois

Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas

McKay Murphy, DL, Weber State

Bradley Chubb, EDGE, NC State

Robert McCray EDGE Indiana - this might not be top 30 visit since players from the same state are allowed to visit without taking a spot from the top 30 I think

Khalid Hill FB Michigan

Roquan Smith LB Georgia

Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

Ito Smith RB Southern Miss

Tarvarius Moore S Southern Miss

Montrel Meander S Grambling State

Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

Sam Mentkowski WR UW-Oshkosh

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

The thing is... this year it seems like a lot of our visits are for fringe/small school type of players. Look at those names:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kTZvuUSuno6bdvr_SVW6joxYGVdaw1D449Mm4Fe0Emo/edit#gid=0

Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois

Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas

McKay Murphy, DL, Weber State

Bradley Chubb, EDGE, NC State

Robert McCray EDGE Indiana - this might not be top 30 visit since players from the same state are allowed to visit without taking a spot from the top 30 I think

Khalid Hill FB Michigan

Roquan Smith LB Georgia

Rashaan Evans LB Alabama

Ito Smith RB Southern Miss

Tarvarius Moore S Southern Miss

Montrel Meander S Grambling State

Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa

Sam Mentkowski WR UW-Oshkosh

The bigger name players like Roquan and Rashaan Evans are trickling in now.  It was the same last year if I remember right.  Quincy Wilson didn't pop up on the list until late.      I just pay attention to it some but I know there's no guarantee.