Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Keenum and virtual reality, could this be the future?

chad72

13 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Thanks, I was wondering whether they were using this or not. Seems to be the perfect tool to train a QB to pick up different defensive schemes etc. Could be good for defense players too.

I would strap it to Green and hope that it would eventually increase his awareness! haha

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

The Vikings have been using virtual reality instructional technology since 2015. The article linked below says the Vikings was one of a few teams that implemented this. One of the other teams is the Patriots. 

"The goal here is the coaching staff tells us what they want their players to be doing in the virtual environment and what they think some of the coaching points are mentally and physically," Belch said. "We kind of prepare a nice little template to them on how we can pull that off. At the end of the day, Minnesota is going to have a really nice library that grows on a daily basis that their players can access at any given time."

Link:  Vikings to Implement Virtual Reality Technology

@ 2:53
"It's NOT video game caricatures that the science has proven DON'T work... They don't move like real people."

THANK YOU! I was going into this video expecting for Madden to get praised, but spending time with the franchise for so long, I've realized it's not realistic at all. The idea Madden can make you a better football player is absurd. Granted, Madden will improve your mental abilities, but so does playing Sudoku. It's all EA propaganda; don't be fooled.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

This makes a lot of sense..

Its sounds similar to simulation for pilots or astronauts

Not only them but our military uses it in just about every phase of their training.

You mentioned pilots?  We have people on the ground who fly drones who use reality training big time.