AllYouNeedIsLuck

Chubb or Barkley at #3?

Who would you rather the Colts draft at #3?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb?

• Barkley
    • Chubb

I just want to get a general sense of what this board thinks. This is assuming we keep the #3 pick and don't trade back. Who would you rather have?

I personally would take Barkley. He looks like he could be a once in a decade type RB. Pairing him up with a healthy Luck and with McDaniels and the offense is looking good. We can get a pass rusher or two in free agency. 

Taking running backs early seems to have helped out a few teams of late. Fournette, Gurley. Or how much better the Cowboys are with Zeke than without (even with their great offensive line)

VOTE! And discuss 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

I just want to get a general sense of what this board thinks. This is assuming we keep the #3 pick and don't trade back. Who would you rather have?

I personally would take Barkley. He looks like he could be a once in a decade type RB. Pairing him up with a healthy Luck and with McDaniels and the offense is looking good. We can get a pass rusher or two in free agency. 

Taking running backs early seems to have helped out a few teams of late. Fournette, Gurley. Or how much better the Cowboys are with Zeke than without (even with their great offensive line)

VOTE! And discuss 

My opinion, you take the best talent available, and that is Barkley. I think he is a can't miss elite prospect. With that said, my first priority would be to trade back, and still land either Chubb, Fitzpatrick, or Nelson. 

But if I were stuck at #3, I would take Barkley since I know he is a can't miss. 

• Like 4

There is an entire section on this forum dedicated to draft talk. I even have the exact same poll on there

1 minute ago, twfish said:

There is an entire section on this forum dedicated to draft talk. I even have the exact same poll on there

Oh, sorry man

18 minutes ago, buccolts said:

What if they go 1 & 2?

Then every QB in the draft is available at #3, and we've got tons of teams bidding for it, allowing us to pull in a king's ransom.

Chubb.Barkley. King's ransom. We're sitting pretty at #3.

• Like 3

Just now, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I say Barkley. The Colts aren't winning the super bowl next year anyways. So get your "Can't Miss" rb this year and draft an edge rusher next year. You won't be able to fix all the holes in one off-season

anyways.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I say we draft Chubb and then play him at....    Running Back!        :thmup:

In other words, we want Charkley :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I’ll go Chubb, they are in dire need of PR but I wouldn’t go insane if they picked Barkley.

• Thanks 1

The poll should be between Chubb, Fitzpatrick, or trade down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

VOTE! And discuss 

Agreed. I suggest we pursue Ezekiel Ansah of Detroit.

From the breakdowns I'm hearing about Chubb, I'd probably have to take him.  Non-stop motor and great against the run as well as a pass rusher...  Those kind of guys are impossible to get.  McDaniels with the Patriots has shown you that he can get production out of many running backs drafted lower.  No way you can pass up a game wrecker like Chubb.  Especially since we haven't had a real pass rush threat in years.  And because of that, even backup QB's have had all day to light us up.  Time for that to end.

• Like 3

@Buddy Lee All good points.  I’ve said it before, a team shouldn’t take a RB at 1 unless they have all the other positions down.  

I also said I'm like the guy with a hole in the roof and leaky pipes.  I even have a pretty good old car and can pick up a decent Ford and fix the house.  

But I still want that Corvette!   I’m glad JB has the decision, not me.  

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I say we draft Chubb and then play him at....    Running Back!        :thmup:

No, it's Barkley who is a can't miss once in a decade talent. So take him, at OLB / DE. :)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BOTT said:

and the top Ohio State prospect, Ballard seems to like those. 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Or better yet...

1) Chubb

2) Fitzpatrick and trade down

3) Barkley/Nelson/Ridley (group all the bad ideas together)

• Confused 1

I pick Chubb. Yes Barkley would change lucks game from throwing 60+ a game but, our secondary def is young and going to be good! Pair that up with a decent/good pass rush to get QB’s off their rhythm and we could dominate .... imagine hooker hawking the ball after Barkley made the QB rush his throw and air it up? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Or better yet...

1) Chubb

2) Fitzpatrick and trade down

3) Barkley/Nelson/Ridley (group all the bad ideas together)

I'm not keen on Fitzpatrick for the Colts at 3. While he is a great talent so is Chubb. With the help of a much better pass rush or secondary will look better. We already have Hooker, Geathers and Farley as safeties and scouts aren't sure Fitzpatrick is best suited for CB. BTW, I know you put Chubb at 1 and Fitzpatrick at 2. I'm just posting my thoughts is all.

I am an advocate of BPA but, if close, then similar talent at a position of need and inside the first three rounds,and ove all, avoid possible busts by all means possible (meaning high ceiling, low floor types). Mingo was a Browns bust. TRich was a Browns bust and we had 18 games worth of NFL film on that and we allowed him to become our bust too. Tebow was a Broncos bust. Johnny Football was the bust the Browns got with the 1st round pickup they got from us. First round busts are killers. Dorsett and Werner for us.

I don't believe Fitzpatrick will be a bust, but just not a great fit. Nelson is a great fit and will not be a bust, but positional value is a concern of course. 

• Like 1

Chubb for the win! Defense wins in the playoffs and we need all the talent that we can get! It was a bit improved with our nice FA signings (Woods, Hankins, Sheard, Simon). Now let's get that blue chip monster to smack around some QBs!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

VOTE! And discuss 

I don't believe there will be an A list FA rusher available.
If Barkley is as good as once in a decade Zeke, Gurley or Fournette that would be great.
 Do you take Demarcus Ware or Marshall Faulk? 
 I'll take the Value and likely more games played of the Defender. McDaniels could abuse people with Barkley!  :D

As tempting as it would be to take Barkley, I’m hoping they can trade down to #6 (Jets), still get Chubb and get another pick or two.

Even if they don’t trade down, you need someone to get pressure on Watson, Mariota, et al.

(QBs seem to be coming into the league and picking things up quicker.) 

I just think it would be easier to get a good back in later rounds than a guy like Chubb.

Well if I know that whomever is picked...thr fans will hate it. 

With that said, Barkley

I keep going back and fourth between the two because I think Barkley is a better player but it’s much harder to get pass rushers than it is running backs.  Honestly the Colts could draft Chubb and still get a very good running back in the second round if they want.  

Even then some, including Kieper, think it could be Chubb who is the best player in this draft.  At the moment I think I am leaning towards wanting the Colts to draft Chubb rather than Barkley.  

• Like 1

I really like the idea of trading back a a few spots and then taking that draft capital we collect to come back up into the first. Then with those two picks get 2 of Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick  and Smith. Given that one of them drop out of the top 10 or 15 to make the trade up viable. All are the best at their position. I love the idea of turning our first and second rounders into 2 top 10 talent players by moving around a little. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Somebody has too right? I’m fine with being disliked here, worst source of football intelligence I know of. Superman and about 5 others know what they’re talking about. Rest are brain dead. 

Edit. Looks like there’s more than 5 people with a brain. Well color me surprised! Cudos guys haha 

Tone it down.  It's not gonna help you in any way to trash on the entire forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is going to be a huge topic until the Draft. I will vote Barkley but really this should be a topic after Free Agency. We could sign a RB or a DE in Free Agency which would change our approach either way on we choose. We could still even take Nelson, Nelson is the wildcard in this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

He edited it, he originally had "uneducated fossils"...lol!  This uneducated fossil would choose Chubb all day long, btw.

I chose Barkley so I guess I have no Fooseball knowledge according to Andrew Luck Fan Club lmao Also he compared Dalvin Cook to Barkley, that is funny. Barkley is much better.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Tone it down.  It's not gonna help you in any way to trash on the entire forum.

Okay I will. You’re one of the people that knows what you’re talking about though lol. 

For me, right now, it's Barkley. 

If we're picking between the 2 at #3 overall I think that Barkley is the superior player, and that he would completely change the dynamic of our offence. 

Now, if it's trading back a couple spots picking up 2 2nds or something and taking Chubb, that's a different story. Much closer battle there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

This forum is mostly uneducated people who know little about football, so I expect a RB to win this poll.

Not happening so far 

20 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Not happening so far 

It's close though (40-36 Chubb, so 36 people think drafting Barkley is the thing to do) and taking Barkley isn't stupid considering he may be the next Marshall Faulk or whoever. Also we have Free Agency and 6 other Draft picks where we can load up on Defense and O.Lineman. People act like if we take Barkley at #3 we cant improve our Defense and O.Line, to me that is just silly but that is my opinion.

• Like 2