Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Article* Patriots on Josh McDaniels: Smart. Innovative. Forward-thinking.

Restored

Of course players are going to talk great about him while he is still their coach. You won't get completely accurate thoughts until he has left the team.

I believe them when they say he is an offensive mastermind. I also believe them when they say he expects nothing but 100% attention from his players. I am just not sure if he can keep a locker room together and be a HC. He was terrible with his players in Denver. He does have a great group of personnel here though with Irsay, Ballard, and his supposed new DC that he is bringing along.

This season is going to be exciting and there is a lot of optimism. In Ballard we trust.

On 1/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, BrentMc11 said:

Hey Buck....I have been on the IR for about a year.  I missed all of the great people on the Colts Forum.  I was physically and mentally unable to remember things or debate.  I will hopefully be back.  I had heart surgery 3 days ago.  I was not getting enough O2 to my brain.  I also had a severe wound from passing out while in afib.  Mental is back....3 months for the IR to end. :)

See I still rumble and bumble a little.  :)  (I hate the Patriots and the Jags.  HAHA!)

Brent,  I have been wondering about you for a while.   I am so sorry to hear you've had troubles.   Get yourself well, buddy.  :hug:

On 1/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, BrentMc11 said:

Hey Buck....I have been on the IR for about a year.  I missed all of the great people on the Colts Forum.  I was physically and mentally unable to remember things or debate.  I will hopefully be back.  I had heart surgery 3 days ago.  I was not getting enough O2 to my brain.  I also had a severe wound from passing out while in afib.  Mental is back....3 months for the IR to end. :)

See I still rumble and bumble a little.  :)  (I hate the Patriots and the Jags.  HAHA!)

Glad to have you back brother.

Thank God you are ok!!! 

On 1/19/2018 at 12:05 PM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It will be very interesting to see whether he can find a DC with the same high standards regarding game planning and execution. If he can, we will be in serious business - make no mistake about that! 

:rock:

Maybe he brings a defensive assistant from NE to be DC?

As a Pats fan I can tell you you're getting a great coach. Everything that article says. Players love him. One thing I'll be interested to see is if his brother joins the staff. Keep an eye for that. The Pats have had some awful draft picks at WR over the years. We wasted high picks on guys like Chad Jackson and others who never contributed a thing. I read that the picks were at the strong suggestion of McDaniels brother who is a college asst somewhere. Josh lobbied for the player based on his brothers advice. None of them ever panned out.

My only concern if Josh became the next HC of the Pats was his personnel decisions. He's also the guy who took Tebow in the first round. I know you guys have a GM so he won't be making those decisoins