Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN's Top 50+ Free Agents for 2018.....

OK....    first note.....    it's a lot better looking than it was 5 months ago when ESPN first put out a projected list.

Second note.....     there's no way to know how many of these players will re-sign with their team BEFORE the free agency window opens.    So, any number of these guys may NEVER be able to buy.   

With all that said....    I'll start with offense...     and I'm going to break this down by position group.    The number to the RIGHT is their overall ranking within the top 50.

Enjoy!          :thmup:

OFFENSE:

QB

Cousins  1

Garrappollo  2

Brees      4

Keenum   6

Bradford    19

Bridgewater   24

RB

Bell        3

Lewis    25

Hyde     31

McKinnon  42

WR

Landry        11

Robinson    15

Watkins       16

Lee              28

Richardson    29

Pryor             30

Matthews      47

Wallace        50

TE

Graham        9

Burton         22

Safarian-Jenkins   35

OL

Norwell        7  (G)

Solder       12  (LT)

Jensen      27  (C)

Pugh         32  (G)   Note:  had a bad back last year.

Richburg    41  (C)

Kline          45  (G)

Mewhort    48  (G)

DEFENSE:

DE

Lawrence      5

Ansah           8

Clyborne     40

DT

Richardson     10

Lotulelei          14

Poe                 18

OLB

None.     Nobody.    Seriously.

ILB

BRADHAM      33

Hitchens          34

Williamson      44

S

Joyner           17

Reid              23

Burnett          36

Vacarro         38

CB

Johnson       13

Breeland       20

Colvin           21

Butler           26

Fuller           37

Melvin          38
Claiborne     43

Gaines         46

Robinson     48

Honorable Mentions:

Eifert           TE

McCowen    QB

Vinatieri        K

Smith          OT

Amukamara    CB 

Vonte              CB

Bethel             CB

Whitehead      ILB

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK....    first note.....    it's a lot better looking than it was 5 months ago when ESPN first put out a projected list.

Second note.....     there's no way to know how many of these players will re-sign with their team BEFORE the free agency window opens.    So, any number of these guys may NEVER be able to buy.   

With all that said....    I'll start with offense...     and I'm going to break this down by position group.    The number to the left is their overall ranking within the top 50.

Enjoy!          :thmup:

OFFENSE:

QB

Cousins  1

Garrappollo  2

Brees      4

Keenum   6

Bradford    19

Bridgewater   24

RB

Bell        3

Lewis    25

Hyde     31

McKinnon  42

WR

Landry        11

Robinson    15

Watkins       16

Lee              28

Richardson    29

Pryor             30

Matthews      47

Wallace        50

TE

Graham        9

Burton         22

Safarian-Jenkins   35

OL

Norwell        7  (G)

Solder       12  (LT)

Jensen      27  (C)

Pugh         32  (G)   Note:  had a bad back last year.

Richburg    41  (C)

Kline          45  (G)

Mewhort    48  (G)

DEFENSE:

DE

Lawrence      5

Ansah           8

Clyborne     40

DT

Richardson     10

Lotulelei          14

Poe                 18

OLB

None.     Nobody.    Seriously.

ILB

BRADHAM      33

Hitchens          34

Williamson      44

S

Joyner           17

Reid              23

Burnett          36

Vacarro         38

CB

Johnson       13

Breeland       20

Colvin           21

Butler           26

Fuller           37

Melvin          38
Claiborne     43

Gaines         46

Robinson     48

Honorable Mentions:

Eifert           TE

McCowen    QB

Vinatieri        K

Smith          OT

Amukamara    CB 

Vonte              CB

Bethel             CB

Whitehead      ILB

Lets just sign Bell, sign Norwell, and go ahead and Draft Nelson and call it a day. (we have tons of cap space). We would then have Norwell/Kelly/Nelson as a 3 headed monster on the O.Line with AC still at LT. Bell at RB + Mack at RB, Andrew at QB, TY at WR, Doyle at TE. Our Offense would be unstoppable!

-OK just to let you know I know this will never happen but it's fun to dream. You have to admit if the Steelers lost Bell they would croak haha. Steelers are kind of in disarray.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets just sign Bell, sign Norwell, and go ahead and Draft Nelson and call it a day. (we have tons of cap space). We would then have Norwell/Kelly/Nelson as a 3 headed monster on the O.Line with AC still at LT. Bell at RB + Mack at RB, Andrew at QB, TY at WR, Doyle at TE. Our Offense would be unstoppable!

-OK just to let you know I know this will never happen but it's fun to dream. You have to admit if the Steelers lost Bell they would croak haha. Steelers are kind of in disarray.

Steelers did lose Bell couple yrs ago. They didn't lose much with DeAngelo Williams.

Andrew Norwell is probably the best free agent at a position of need for us that we can realistically get this offseason. We need to do whatever we can to get him if available.

I was annoyed when we didn't sign Zeitler last year when we had the chance and we can't let the same happen this year.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why sign Bell for $14 million a year when you can have a better RB in Saquon Barkley for nearly 1/3 the price?

I don't think Ballard will pay the money and set the market for any position.  I think he has a range in place for each target and that's it.  I would love Norwell but he is going to set the market. My guesses would be Pugh, Hitchens, Davis Fulton, Hurst,  Lewis or Hyde, Melvin, Watkins or Robinson.  I don't think any of the top 10 get free except maybe Norwell.  

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Andrew Norwell is probably the best free agent at a position of need for us that we can realistically get this offseason. We need to do whatever we can to get him if available.

I was annoyed when we didn't sign Zeitler last year when we had the chance and we can't let the same happen this year.

Anything less than 4 years $45-50 mil., Norwell is probably going to refuse, going based on Zeitler's 5 yr. $60 mil. contract. We will see how it goes.

Ballard did jump in on Hankins for 3 years at $30 mil., so he does not shy away from fair market value if the price is fair without overpaying too much.

It makes little sense to rush to spend our Cap $ this off season.
 Way to many holes to fill and experience in our new systems needed.
 Ballard will have a multi-year plan to build us into a contender. 2019-2020.
 But building an O-Line with a 26 year old Norwell sounds great.

We know he and his agent will be looking at the Colt$ and Indianapolis closely.

Let's hope living just up the road from his hometown of Cincinnati sounds good to him.   :thmup:

Norwell, Melvin, Whitehead (yeah, I have seen him play and he seems to be at the right spot at the right time, unless Eberflus wants to bring Hitchens, which I would not mind at all), and the rest from the draft, IMO. 

If we are moving to the 4-3, I would love to have Maurice Hurst from Michigan for this defense in round 2, assuming he makes it past the 1st round, which I doubt he will. 

55 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Better then bell??? lmao the stuff I read on here kills me :wall:

I am a big Barkley fan but that is such a silly statement. How many times have we seen great college players not come close to the same production. Especially at that position.

Norwell is obviously the big get if he reaches FA. Ballard and co will obviously look into it. Just depends on if they're willing to make him (probably) the highest paid player at his position. Colts can certainly afford it.

I'm not advocating for it, but could you imagine if they signed Norwell, and drafted Nelson 3rd pick? That's a lot of investment into one positional group, and it'll hamper other parts of the team, but I gotta admit. It's inticing. Especially if Good sticks at RT (which I think he can), you'd essentially have the Oline fixed for the next 5 years potentially.