Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 NFL MEME Post Season special edition!

IcEWoLF

44 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You may think Taylor Swift would be a good SB entertainment choice MKH, but I beg to differ however. Yes, she'd be safe, clean cut, & child friendly of course. 

When I used to subscribe to Direct TV, Miss Swift did a 2 hour show on the Audience Channel in December in Texas & her catalog did not impress me at all. She's not a quality musician frankly in my estimation. She's way overhyped & overblown. I know; I know. Different strokes for different folks. Translation: Not everybody likes the same type of music. Fair enough. Taylor Swift won't embarrass sponsors. I'll give you that. 

Taylor Swift is a nice person. I just consider myself a music connoisseur & I know talent & lack thereof when I see it. She just doesn't have it. Maybe it's because I"m a rock guy so I'm unfairly biased & I will admit my quality control standards for musicians & bands is incredibly high. I will own that. I've been exposed to every genre you can think of since I was a baby so, I know quality when hear it. Taylor is so overblown. It's not even funny. 

Pink can sing. She's legit. Garth is good too. Love his wife Trisha Yearwood. My God can that woman sing! I saw Trisha touring with Mary Chapin Carpenter once. Fantastic show.  

Different strokes for different folks. I think it is about impossible to please everyone with the choice for the halftime show. I think it is funny how oftentimes different generations view the music of other generations as no good. It is quite likely that Taylor Swift will go down as the biggest artist of this generation. I'm in my 40's but I have to admit I enjoy her music and find her to be very talented. For my entertainment dollar she rates very high. She puts on an amazing stadium show. Granted she may not have vocal chops of an Adele, but there aren't really many who do. 

The thing with the Super Bowl show today, is the artist has to be HUGE.  The days of Up With People coming in a doing the show are over. (Thank God) There aren't many artists who are big enough for the stage that haven't done the show yet. That's one reason we had Justin Timberlake this year. I'll be totally honest there haven't been many Super Bowl halftime shows that I've really enjoyed. The few that I will say I enjoyed were Prince, Bruno Mars, and Lady Gaga. I'm a huge Rolling Stones fan but was very disappointed in their halftime show. It is tough to get it right.

I still believe that Garth Brooks is the BEST choice for the 2019 Super Bowl Halftime Show. Come on NFL, make this happen! 

• Like 1

I liked Justin Timberlake and loved his tribute to Prince.  I loved Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars.

I don't need to be blown away by the performance nor do I need to nit pick performances like some people. Honestly, after Gaga's super human show, I heard people talking about how she wan't in very good shape.

I liked Black Eyed Peas too and a lot of people complained about that show.  I think it must be terrible to be so unhappy all the time

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I liked Justin Timberlake and loved his tribute to Prince.  I loved Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars.

I don't need to be blown away by the performance nor do I need to nit pick performances like some people. Honestly, after Gaga's super human show, I heard people talking about how she wan't in very good shape.

I liked Black Eyed Peas too and a lot of people complained about that show.  I think it must be terrible to be so unhappy all the time

That is a good reminder that we don't always have to be critical. Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

That is a good reminder that we don't always have to be critical. Thanks for the reminder!

So true!  I thought the show was entertaining.  Being an entertainer  myself, I sometimes critique more than need be. :facepalm:haha ..  I will say one more thing, I agree with you about Taylor.  She is not only an entertainer, she is one heck of a talented songwriter. One that people in the business refer to as a triple threat. Musician, singer and songwriter.  Very talented young lady. 

Now I think we've derailed the meme thread enough.  Back to those great memes that make us all laugh!  Lol

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Different strokes for different folks. I think it is about impossible to please everyone with the choice for the halftime show. I think it is funny how oftentimes different generations view the music of other generations as no good. It is quite likely that Taylor Swift will go down as the biggest artist of this generation. I'm in my 40's but I have to admit I enjoy her music and find her to be very talented. For my entertainment dollar she rates very high. She puts on an amazing stadium show. Granted she may not have vocal chops of an Adele, but there aren't really many who do. 

The thing with the Super Bowl show today, is the artist has to be HUGE.  The days of Up With People coming in a doing the show are over. (Thank God) There aren't many artists who are big enough for the stage that haven't done the show yet. That's one reason we had Justin Timberlake this year. I'll be totally honest there haven't been many Super Bowl halftime shows that I've really enjoyed. The few that I will say I enjoyed were Prince, Bruno Mars, and Lady Gaga. I'm a huge Rolling Stones fan but was very disappointed in their halftime show. It is tough to get it right.

I still believe that Garth Brooks is the BEST choice for the 2019 Super Bowl Halftime Show. Come on NFL, make this happen! 

I agree someone like Taylor is who the NFL will target....bring in casual viewers....play to a demographic that their advertisers want to sell to. They aren't going to bring in an act that isn't going to drive that demo. While I'm not a music fanatic great bands like Rush etc aren't going to cut it...even if they might perform a incredible show. They want to appeal to the casuals. The Taylor Swifts, Nikki Minaj, Drake type is what they will want to appeal to I'm sure. I think my favorite show was SB 27 with Michael Jackson.....an epic type of performer with a catalog of iconic generational music. That is hard to find....and finding a rock group....tough....I mean look at how disappointing Coldplay was (sorta rock lol). Maybe a group like Bon Jovi could do it....but not with the young crowd....if Axel could still sing Guns N Roses could pull it off but finding a singer/performer doesn't matter....its about the production and getting young people and women to sign on to watch. Taylor will bring that crowd...us old geezers....we will be watching the game anyways so they already have us. 

FWIW...the Janet/Justin debackle did bring the world one thing....youtube. The inventor couldn't find tv clip of the incident and had a hard time sharing it with others and voila....they put together youtube. So something good came of it I guess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Love this image from the Colts reddit:

yzh0rflinte01.jpg

I’m what I consider a very devout Christian and even I don’t understand this one. Blue is John the Baptist and AL is God and Ballard is Lucks son Jesus?? Yeah...don’t get it lol.

48 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I especially like the two pinkie fingers and the one index.   i.e.  Eli, Eli and Nick    haha

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

I wonder if Gronkowski lost any Superbowl rings when his house was broken into. The reports say robbers got into Gronk's safe, and Brady in the documentary recently was shown pulling some rings out of a safe of his own, so not a stretch to think Gronk also kept his in a safe.

Brady better watch out!

2 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I wonder if Gronkowski lost any Superbowl rings when his house was broken into. The reports say robbers got into Gronk's safe, and Brady in the documentary recently was shown pulling some rings out of a safe of his own, so not a stretch to think Gronk also kept his in a safe.

Brady better watch out!

If they robbed Gronk's safe I'm guessing they only got away with some coloring books.

On 2/8/2018 at 12:18 AM, ReMeDy said:

I just remembered something: In 2012, Giselle Bunchen after the Superbowl loss said, "My husband cannot throw and catch the ball at the same time."

tom_brady.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618

She was right.

Hahhhha that one's actually pretty funny.

Well done!

• 6 months later...