Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR: Possible Important Luck Health Update....

NewColtsFan

As you know, when you're a new member,  you can't start a thread for five days.     Well,   there's a new member here, and he posted some possible interesting news on Luck,  but it's inside a thread,  and no one has responded to it.     I'm guessing because the poster is new and so no one knows what to make of it.

The news is NOT good and I thought it important enough to be worthy of starting it's own thread.      If the Mods disagree,  so be it.     But I wanted to put this out there for as many people to see as possible.       You decide what you think it's worth.

I'm cutting and pasting the post....

Take this for what its worth.  Was hoping to making this a topic on the forum.  I have a buddy that knows someone that works in the chiefs organization.  He has heard that Nagy said that he went to chicago because he was told that lucks shoulder still has no blood flow.  I guess bo jackson never got his blood flow back which obviously lead to retirement.   Hope this is false but my buddy is a pretty honest dude.  And he def has a friend that works in the chiefs organization.  I am also not saying that nagy was offered the position.  

My read of this is as follows.....     Even if true,  this is very likely only part of the story.    That there's far more to this story than is here.     I'm trying not to get too worked up about it.     When the new coach is hired there will be ample opportunity for the media to pepper Ballard with questions about Luck and whether this rumor is indeed true.

•  

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think Ballard knows something about it that we don't..the way he kept saying "we will keep everything in house" during the press conference was suspicious to me. I think we will come to know draft day, i fully believe that if Ballard is not sure Luck is his guy come September that he will draft a QB high to compete with Brissett.

Could be true but I highly doubt it I have a real hard time thinking something like this wouldn't leak out at all. And if they know this i also dont think McDaniels would still be interested in coming here. That's something they tell possible HCs. Honestly think he's on the road back and that's why we are in the running for the top coordinator in the league.

By the way I also think we are being secretive to fool other teams before the draft to try to maximize trade assets in the draft.

Okay wait. I'm not a doctor, but if that's true, that means back in October he was throwing 40 yards with no blood flow in his shoulder? Is that even a thing that a human can do? Unless it happened AFTER he started throwing? In which case whatever setback he suffered was SO bad that he went from 40 yard throws....to no blood in his ENTIRE shoulder 4 months later.....

Iunno maybe I'm just dumb but that sounds pretty far fetched to me.....

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Why is everyone so insistent on blaming the Colts for the way Luck's recovery has gone? 

Seriously. It’s pretty much a given that every player will get injured & miss significant time at some point, regardless of how well their team protects them. We just got really spoiled by the consistency of the Manning era.

38 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I honestly think Ballard knows something about it that we don't..the way he kept saying "we will keep everything in house" during the press conference was suspicious to me. I think we will come to know draft day, i fully believe that if Ballard is not sure Luck is his guy come September that he will draft a QB high to compete with Brissett.

So how was Luck throwing 40 yd passes earlier with no blood flow in his arm?

52 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I would hope he knows something we don’t seeing as he’s the General Manger and we’ve been told next to nothing concrete about Luck.

The news of this supposedly did make kansas city sports talk airwaves.  Thanks newcoltsfan for bringing this up.  I am "new" to this board as far as posting.  Been following this board since I knew it existed.  Probably 10 years now.  Longtime colts fan here and am sorry if im scaring people.  Hoping its not true.  I tend to put trust in this team more than i should but after this past year that has wavered a bit because of this injury.   I have always felt there is more to this injury and when i heard this it made me think a bit.

First thing I'd like to say in this post is thank you to the poster who made it.     While I don't think it's complete information,   I'm sure there is some truth in there,  I just don't know how much?     But I don't blame the original poster for the info.     He's just the messenger and he delivered it.

That said,  the info reads like the classic party game of Telephone.    The info starts with one person,  (Chris Ballard) and by the time it moves down the line and reaches the other end (this website)  the info is somewhat distorted.   How distorted is the unknown?     But I'd rather have the info than not.    Even incomplete.

But the info goes from Ballard to Nagy...    from Nagy to someone else with the Chiefs and then it starts to circulate.   Who knows how many people it took to reach the friend of a friend of a friend.    And by the time it reaches the person who made the post here,  it's not clear just how accurate the info is?     Again,  I'm glad we have this info.

Do I think Luck has NO BLOOD CIRCULATION in the shoulder?     No.     Not even close.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a circulation problem in the shoulder.     That would seem reasonable and even expected.    Doesn't mean it's perminent.     Doesn't mean it won't be better by February and even better by March and better still by April.    But if it doesn't, it means we may have to use the 3rd overall pick on a QB in this draft.    If there's any truth to what's being posted,  then we may have to start looking for another QB.    Again,  that's a maybe...

I'd like to hope that this thread will not beat-up the poster with the info.    I think there's a reasonable chance that there's some truth to it.    I thnk to brush it off is to flirt with denial.    I wouldn't expect anyone to believe it 100 percent.    But I wouldn't want anyone to dismiss it out of hand.     The Truth typically lies in the middle.

Something is not right with Andrew Luck.    Hopefully things will get better and soon....

1 minute ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya I hope it’s not true. If it was I feel like it would be much bigger news. People can’t keep secrets and everyone wants to be the first to report something.

Agreed. If something was actually wrong with Luck, everyone would be jumping on it, especially those that want an easy chance to bash the Colts again.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who was Nagy told by that Luck had no blood flow in his shoulder lmao? This is complete horse dung because nobody would tell Nagy that and I find this impossible to be true.

Yeah, Ballard would not be that specific about it, if he even knew about it. Reeks of speculation, or guys trying to hype up a hire.

This doesn't make any sense at all. Bo Jackson had a severe hip dislocation. He lost all cartilage in his hip. Luck's injury is his shoulder that he played with for nearly 2 years. I can't see a surgery that supposedly went well causing that kind of damage.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Why is everyone so insistent on blaming the Colts for the way Luck's recovery has gone? 

I don’t think people are blaming the colts for his recovery I think they’re more blaming the colts for how it was handled. never giving Luck average protection, bad playcalling that increased QB hits, and letting him play through an injury all contributed to the current mess with his shoulder.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard isn't going to say anything like that because for one he isn't a doctor and wouldn't even know and two that wouldn't even come up in an interview.

First I think luck is probably fine. But as for the interview if i was a candidate, i would definetly bring it up and at least ask the question. 

Just now, SLILLINGTON10 said:

First I think luck is probably fine. But as for the interview if i was a candidate, i would definetly bring it up and at least ask the question. 

I don't blame them for asking. It's the first thing I expect candidates to ask. I don't expect Ballard to go into great detail about it. He'd probably say something like "Luck is doing fine", rather than going into specific medical details.

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I don't blame them for asking. It's the first thing I expect candidates to ask. I don't expect Ballard to go into great detail about it. He'd probably say something like "Luck is doing fine", rather than going into specific medical details.

I mean if it was me, i would ask something like what is the percentage wise that Andrew will be ready to go by OTAs or training camp? If Ballard answers that question it would answer a lot to me.

4 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

That wouldn't even be a question that would come up = blood flow. Lucks health might be a question but Ballard isn't going to say, by the way Luck has no blood flow in his shoulder so you might want to factor that into your decision coming here. Ballard wouldn't even know that anyway.

1 minute ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

I mean if it was me, i would ask something like what is the percentage wise that Andrew will be ready to go by OTAs or training camp? If Ballard answers that question it would answer a lot to me.

I doubt Ballard would be able to give a hard percentage, considering the Colts are still a ways out. I doubt the candidate asks for a specific percentage either. They're more likely to ask whether he will play for 2018 and if his shoulder will affect his future, neither of which requires Ballard to go into blood flow and medical details.

10 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I doubt Ballard would be able to give a hard percentage, considering the Colts are still a ways out. I doubt the candidate asks for a specific percentage either. They're more likely to ask whether he will play for 2018 and if his shoulder will affect his future, neither of which requires Ballard to go into blood flow and medical details.

I agree medical details and blood flow is a little bit out there. However, if i am going to be s head coach and setting up off season schedules I would like to know the ball park chances of having my franchise player.  Of course my next question would be asking if we can go get Pat McAfee out of retirement. 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That wouldn't even be a question that would come up = blood flow. Lucks health might be a question but Ballard isn't going to say, by the way Luck has no blood flow in his shoulder so you might want to factor that into your decision coming here. Ballard wouldn't even know that anyway.

You won't read this until you wake up in the morning.....     but your post here is completely wrong.

1.     Ballard will know.    He will know everything.     I don't know why you think the GM of the team wouldn't know?

2.    The topic absolutely comes up.    Nagy asks and Ballard answers,  it could sound like this....    "Andrew has a bad shoulder.    It's still healing.    How bad?    There's a blood flow problem, but we think it's going to improve and that he'll be playing this year."       The exchange might sound like that...

You're working way too hard to knock this down simply because the information is incomplete and you don't like the news.    I'm glad you're optimistic about Luck.    But you have no reason to be.   No one does,  but many here are.  Luck might be back 100 percent.   But it's just as likely he'll be back but never quite the same.  

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You won't read this until you wake up in the morning.....     but your post here is completely wrong.

1.     Ballard will know.    He will know everything.     I don't know why you think the GM of the team wouldn't know?

2.    The topic absolutely comes up.    Nagy asks and Ballard answers,  it could sound like this....    "Andrew has a bad shoulder.    It's still healing.    How bad?    There's a blood flow problem, but we think it's going to improve and that he'll be playing this year."       The exchange might sound like that...

You're working way too hard to knock this down simply because the information is incomplete and you don't like the news.    I'm glad you're optimistic about Luck.    But you have no reason to be.   No one does,  but many here are.  Luck might be back 100 percent.   But it's just as likely he'll be back but never quite the same.  

I think you are accepting what could easily be a troll at face value. Also even if not a troll, you are accepting that nobody in the chain of the information made the unwarranted conjecture without clear information "Nagy chose the Bears, thus Luck is probably done"... i was seeing a ton of those on twitter when the Nagy news broke from people claiming NO internal knowledge. They simply made the connection Nagy didn't choose the Colts, thus Luck is done. 

I guess we'll wait and see...  If the McDaniels rumors are true though(that he's coming to Indy), I'm having hard time believing he would choose the Colts if he was given the same information and thought Luck was done. 

7 hours ago, stitches said:

I think you are accepting what could easily be a troll at face value. Also even if not a troll, you are accepting that nobody in the chain of the information made the unwarranted conjecture without clear information "Nagy chose the Bears, thus Luck is probably done"... i was seeing a ton of those on twitter when the Nagy news broke from people claiming NO internal knowledge. They simply made the connection Nagy didn't choose the Colts, thus Luck is done. 

I guess we'll wait and see...  If the McDaniels rumors are true though(that he's coming to Indy), I'm having hard time believing he would choose the Colts if he was given the same information and thought Luck was done. 

Look in the thread...   the poster whose post I cut and pasted said NOTHING about Luck being done.    You're taking all the other posts and throwing them in with this new one.   

And the poster has already chimed in and says he's a longtime Colts fan and says he hopes his info is wrong.   That doesn't sound like a troll to me.

And I've already stated repeatedly in multiple posts that I think the post has INCOMPLETE information.   But I think there is likely some truth in there.   I just don't know what it is.   So I'm not falling for anything hook, line and sinker.   I just think there is likely some truth on the post and we should be aware of it.

Really...   that's all.   Nothing more to read into than that.