Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It has to be almost impossible to beat the Patriots and the Refs. Best duo in American History

PureGold

Almost every time in a critical situation they get the call.  

The only time I can remember them not getting the call is against the Panthers a few years back.  

Brady proceeded to scream in the official's ear all the way off the field after the game.   

Faced no repercussions of course.  

They're either really really lucky, or they have some deal in place.

57 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Almost every time in a critical situation they get the call.  

The only time I can remember them not getting the call is against the Panthers a few years back.  

Brady proceeded to scream in the official's ear all the way off the field after the game.   

Faced no repercussions of course.  

They're either really really lucky, or they have some deal in place.

4th and 2 against indy years ago. 

Titans were and did lose anyway we all knew they weren’t going to win.. lol regardless of the calls Offensively Titans couldn’t do anything  besides score 7 pts so you’re telling me an entire game with the pats and you expect to beat them only scoring 7 (ignore the calls that were messed up) New England was gonna win point blank period..now if they play a team like the jags who play some aggressive press man and we see nonstop pass interference calls in favor of the pats I’m I’m all in on this theory 

12 minutes ago, will426 said:

Titans were and did lose anyway we all knew they weren’t going to win.. lol regardless of the calls Offensively Titans couldn’t do anything  besides score 7 pts so you’re telling me an entire game with the pats and you expect to beat them only scoring 7 (ignore the calls that were messed up) New England was gonna win point blank period..now if they play a team like the jags who play some aggressive press man and we see nonstop pass interference calls in favor of the pats I’m I’m all in on this theory 

Doesn't make it ok that they are calling nonsense calls  like that punt in the 2nd quarter that wasn't offsides that was a false start.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

I had a singing gig last night.  They had the game on in the club, so I was able to watch some of it.

I missed controversial calls.  What happened?

Patriots played possum the first quarter, allowing the Titains to score first off a 95 yard drive. 7-0 maybe giving the world hope that this could be a good game..

The Patriots automatically respond within 3 mins 7-7

Erik Decker makes his defender look like a school child on 3rd and decent, picking up a huge first down. But the defender fell down too close to Decker so it was OPI. Drive stopped. 

Patriots score in record time. 14-7

Titains look to flip field position by somehow stopping the Lord's on 3rd and short. Here come the Patriots punt squad. I was in and out of the room at this time. But I hear a whistle and a flag. They say false start.. alright move em back.. I come back into the room after a brief break. It's being reviewed and the flag was changed to neutral zone infraction. Automatic... First down.

That was the last play I saw..

10 hours ago, life long said:

The team perceived to be superior always gets the calls.... That goes for pretty much any team sport.

Correct.  It's called the Halo Effect.  One area where the Patriots have not benefited from this is in the lack of penalties on people 'covering' Rob Gronkowski.  That guy is assaulted without consequence on every single snap.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

I agree. Without having having the refs in their pocket, the patriots only win 35-17.

I know you don't believe that :console: If the Pats had gone no huddle all game, they might have put op 50 points.  That was a mismatch of epic proportions.

4 minutes ago, wizwor said:

Correct.  It's called the Halo Effect.  One area where the Patriots have not benefited from this is in the lack of penalties on people 'covering' Rob Gronkowski.  That guy is assaulted without consequence on every single snap.

That is a two way street. Gronk none stop uses his size to push, shove and knock his way open. And when someone gets under his skin he does things like he got suspended for this year.

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is a two way street. Gronk none stop uses his size to push, shove and knock his way open. And when someone gets under his skin he does things like he got suspended for this year.

Lol well got suspended for only one game.. and if it we're one game more they would be traveling to Pitt next week. Crazy how lucky they are...

I just get so disgustipated watching this happen week after week. The announcers will show us the replays and point out that this play is going against the Patriots, then the Refs calmly declare that the play is in the Patriots favor. If this was a one time event or a two time event we could say it was human error. But when it happens every single game for month after month it gets to be too painful to watch. If the Refs don't stop this, they will destroy the sport. They should be careful that they don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs ! I am sure that the Refs are getting wealthy making such calls, since money can be the only reason for such blatant unfair favoritism. But if the  fans decide that the sport is so rigged that we cannot expect fair oversight, the fans will stop going to the games. Then those same Refs will find that they are not only no longer receiving huge "Under the table" payoffs, they could find themselves out of a job altogether!!

3 hours ago, wizwor said:

I know you don't believe that :console: If the Pats had gone no huddle all game, they might have put op 50 points.  That was a mismatch of epic proportions.

What don't I believe?  That the Jaguars would have scored an amazing 3 more points without the refs against them?

13 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Doesn't make it ok that they are calling nonsense calls  like that punt in the 2nd quarter that wasn't offsides that was a false start.

Could it just be the refs fault for messing up as they do in almost every game every year or do we automatically say “pats paid the refs off”

OK ,   just so Im clear, you all are saying  the nfl, who dragged brady through the mud for two years, spent millions to enforce brady's suspension, who has taken away multiple 1st rd picks from the pats, who knows the country is sick of the pats, pays or otherwise instructs the refs to help them on every call so they win more games and  championships and further alienate 31 other fanbases while ratings are already dropping?

do you guys realize how stupid that sounds? say it out loud and let it sink in. 

logic would dictate the NFL do the exact OPPOSITE of what your suggesting. How happy would we all be if they lost last night? We'd be like thank god no more pats, and so would everyone else outside new england.....fact not opinion,  point proven.

stop making the rest of us colts fans look stupid by association.

The false start/encroachment call was very odd in the sense that they changed it after the initial call. I don't think I've ever seen that happen. Belichick said they coach the lines to react to defensive players flinching at the line, to draw penalties on them. Supposedly that's what the player (Grissom) did after he saw movement by the Titans.

Like I said though, odd call. 

The Decker call... I think I'm going to be in the minority on that one, but if you watch the replay, Decker's hands come up to Butler's facemask and that's how he pushes him off-balance. So call it OPI if you want, or call it illegal hands to the face, but it was a little more than just a push-off IMO. 

New here, from New England. I'm a forum lurker who likes to read what other fans are thinking. And yes I grew up and am still a Pats fan... I enjoy this board, you have something nice here.

I think the larger problem is the officials just generally suck.

I shake my head every time I see something like the Decker call(yes I thought it was a bad call). Ball spots 4 feet off in any direction, receivers dragging guys literally on their shirt tails with no calls for PI... etc. We see them in every game. And extra chances through bad calls, deliberately or not, are usually going to end up with points from Brady. Which only makes them stand out more.

Here is the facts of the matter...

While there is merit to the fact that the Patriots have benefitted from ref's calls, it is also a fact that EVERY team has benefitted from the refs at different points.

The reality of the situation is that the Pats have a larger national audience than any other team, and most of this exposure is in "big games".  It is 100% fair to say that the VAST majority of this national audience tunes in to see the Pats lose, therefore, when the Pats win, the masses head to social media and need to take out their frustrations on something, right?  Given the state of NFL officiating/rules interpretations, is there an easier target for people to attack?

The bottom line is that because people find it difficult to deal with/rationalize the Patriot's never-ending, highest level of success, we are witnessing a phenomenon where they (Patriots) have actually taken over the minds of their detractors. This drives people to do/say anything to convince themselves that the Pats success is not cemented in outworking & outsmarting their opponents.

Steelers fans & Cowboys' fans can relate somewhat as they each had (shorter) stays "at the top"... but their detractors did not have all of the outlets & technology available to spread their word.  We are also witnessing the early stages of the same phenomenon taking place with the Golden State Warriors.

Completely different context, but just look at how the 9/11 conspiracy theories are still thriving out there....

49 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Here is the facts of the matter...

While there is merit to the fact that the Patriots have benefitted from ref's calls, it is also a fact that EVERY team has benefitted from the refs at different points.

The reality of the situation is that the Pats have a larger national audience than any other team, and most of this exposure is in "big games".  It is 100% fair to say that the VAST majority of this national audience tunes in to see the Pats lose, therefore, when the Pats win, the masses head to social media and need to take out their frustrations on something, right?  Given the state of NFL officiating/rules interpretations, is there an easier target for people to attack?

The bottom line is that because people find it difficult to deal with/rationalize the Patriot's never-ending, highest level of success, we are witnessing a phenomenon where they (Patriots) have actually taken over the minds of their detractors. This drives people to do/say anything to convince themselves that the Pats success is not cemented in outworking & outsmarting their opponents.

Steelers fans & Cowboys' fans can relate somewhat as they each had (shorter) stays "at the top"... but their detractors did not have all of the outlets & technology available to spread their word.  We are also witnessing the early stages of the same phenomenon taking place with the Golden State Warriors.

Completely different context, but just look at how the 9/11 conspiracy theories are still thriving out there....

Your reality is much different than mine. 

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Your reality is much different than mine. 

First & foremost, Everyone's opinion is to be respected IMO.

The fact is that there is overwhelming facts & evidence that the NFL (who manages & pays officials) has NO interest in seeing the Patriots continue to win. If this were all about "what the NFL wants", wouldn't we be watching Steelers vs. Patriots on Sunday?  Imagine the ratings?!?!

Here are a few recent facts which highlight my point:

- Patriots have had 2 first rd. picks taken from them BY THE NFL

- Patriots were fined $1million BY THE NFL

- $15million+ spent BY THE NFL to sit Brady down for 4 games

- 5 of 6 road games in Nov/Dec scheduled BY THE NFL (any other teams get this?)

- back-to-back high altitude games (Denver & Mexico City) scheduled BY THE NFL

- Where was the biased officiating when the Pats went 2-2 to start the season & surrendered 30+ pts in 3 of those games? Did you see the opener (vs KC) on National TV?  How BAD was the officiating that night?

There is also a decent chance that the Patriots will be the first team to have to play a SB on their opponents home field in a few weeks.  I can only imagine the outcry if the NFC champion had to go to Gillette stadium for the SB?...

Reality is that the NFL's ratings are suffering, in some part, due to the Patriot's long-running success.  2 years ago, it was "deflated footballs". Now, the flavor of the day for those who despise the Patriots is "officiating".  Just like deflategate, a few minutes of rational thought would lead an objective fan to realize these things make little/no sense from a business perspective.

Conclusion: The facts say there is no NFL/officiating conspiracy to help the Patriots win.

I hope this helps fans enjoy the NFL a bit more as the season draws to a close. Just trying to help everyone cope with this "difficult" time in NFL history by rationalizing things with facts... :)

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, PeterBowman said:

What are the odds that Jax won't be able to be a physical in NE

Mark my words...

On Monday morning, we will be talking about the officiating in the NE/Jax game...specifically with regards to the (lack of) PI calls.

With the physical nature of the Jags coverage, the refs are either gonna "let 'em play" or their gonna call PI.  the fanbase of the losing team will be up in arms over the officiating in this particular area.

This is what the NFL has created because this is what the NFL wants.

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

On Monday morning, we will be talking about the officiating in the NE/Jax game...specifically with regards to the (lack of) PI calls

On Monday morning we better be talking about how Tom Brady had to peel himself off the turf all day.. 

Jags should put both corners on the beast. And dare the RBs to beat them