Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Orleans (+5) at Minnesota (1-15-18)

oldunclemark

4:40 EST ..(The A-Team) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews on FOX

over-under at 46.5 inside (thankfully) the giant US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis

'Mr. 70,000' Drew Brees leads a NOLA offense than gained 6,259 yards during the regular season.

'King Creole' completed 72% of his passes, No.1 in the NFL

Rookie RB Alvin Kamara caught 891 passes for 826 yards. RB Mark Ingram gained 1,124 yards and 12 Tds on 230 carries

In the feature match of the weekend, that Saints offense faces Minnesota' top-ranked defense which allowed 59 rushing first downs all season.

The Vikings have allowed the fewest yards on third down in the entire NFL in 27 years.

Saints guard Andrus Peat broke his leg last week so the NOLA O-line is a question.  New Orleans WR Michael Thomas (104 catches, 1,245 yards) faces Viking All-Pro Xavier Rhodes.

The Vikings 'Everyman' QB Case Keenum (325 of 481, 3,547 yards, 22 Tds, 7 INTs) will try to get the ball to the 'Unknown Solider' Adam Thielen (91 catches, 1,276 yards) and vet TE Kyle Rudolph (57 catches, 537 yards, 8 TDs)

The Vikings average just 3.9 per rush so Case has to be on the case against a NOLA defense that is just OK. They've given up 308 first downs in 16 games and never really stopped Cam Newton in a 31-26 win last week..

New Orleans is 4-4 on the road and they have lost their last 3 away from home.  Playing indoors benefits Brees a lot but the Vikings have won 11 of their last 12.

But I do not recall the last Minnesota home playoff game. The crowd will be a bigger factor here than in any of the other games.

Minnesota beat New Orleans 29-19 in September but that game is too long ago to matter.

I'm glad this is the final game of the weekend because it should be the best game.

There isn't any angle here I like. The over-under is where it should be and the spread is where it should be.

If you simply must take a chance (read; Catch up) ..I'd take the Vikings to win and cover.

But I'd just sit back and watch this one.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like the Under in this one as the Vikings have a Great Defense and the Saints have a Defense that can also contain Case Keenum IMO. Cant bet against Drew Brees in this one as the game is even played in a dome. Saints win 23-20 on a last second FG, sorry NFLfan don't be mad at me.

The over-under is a little shaky playing indoors........24-23, 27-20 goes over obviously

.....Lots of times theres a defensive TD late in playoff games. I think, more often than the regular season.

Vikings' D, if it shows up, I am taking the Vikings all day. Case Keenum cannot get into a shootout, that is not how the Vikings have won this year. Case can play loose if his D is keeping the score close or ahead for most of the time.

All signs point towards the Vikings being the first home team to make the SB. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Vikings' D, if it shows up, I am taking the Vikings all day. Case Keenum cannot get into a shootout, that is not how the Vikings have won this year. Case can play loose if his D is keeping the score close or ahead for most of the time.

All signs point towards the Vikings being the first home team to make the SB. 

Yupp the eagles aren't going to the SB

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like the Under in this one as the Vikings have a Great Defense and the Saints have a Defense that can also contain Case Keenum IMO. Cant bet against Drew Brees in this one as the game is even played in a dome. Saints win 23-20 on a last second FG, sorry NFLfan don't be mad at me.

She's mad lmao 

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes, I'm so mad at you. :P