Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson 2017 highlights

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

He's good but you don't draft a G at #3. That's not the smart way to draft. Trade down to 6/7 then I'm happy to take him.

Ideally that's what I'd like to do.  But I would like to target the best OL in the draft.  Especially if we arn't bringing Mewhort back we simply can not go through this offseason without investing either a good deal of free agent money or high draft picks on the offensive line.  

If we can't trade down (we should be able to) then I'd rather reach for him then watch us lead the league in sacks given up again.  

21 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

The only terrible thing about picking 3rd is that I literally fell in love with like 5-6 players already.

Really love this kid though.

Worse problems to have I guess!

I know that feeling though, when you are in the middle of the draft you basically have to wait and see who is there, being #3 with 2 QB needy teams ahead means you are like a kid in a sweet shop! haha

On 1/8/2018 at 8:20 PM, PeterBowman said:

It's long but worth it.....he's a man amongst boys out there.

He definitely is.

He gets those crab-claws locked onto a guy and then drives him into the ground with perfect leverage.  Call that a Half-Nelson.  After that he pins the guy to the ground with all fours like a human cage.  Call that a Full-Nelson.  Very demoralizing move, especially when he tea-bags the guy as he's getting up.  That's receiving the Full-Nelson-Treatment.

I can't wait to see him in the league.  I hope the Colts either draft him, or never have to play against him!  God forbid the Pats get their hands on him, but I'd love to see him in the AFC East on the Jets or Bills so he can go against Ndamukong Suh twice a year.  :eek:

Wish I could have seen him go up against Da'ron Payne of Alabama....did anyone watch the coaches break down the live NC game on espn. They were replaying all the plays and kept pointing him out...he was KILLING Georgia guards and center...and double teams too! He even got triple teamed on one play they were so concerned leaving a rusher a free run at the qb. He was tossing 300lb lineman like they were tissues. Did the same thing to Clemson too. I'd like to see Nelson and him one on one....after watching that performance last night I don't know where he goes in the draft but if he is there at the top of round 2....sign him up!!

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, PeterBowman said:

It's long but worth it.....he's a man amongst boys out there.

Nice highlights...but there aren't any boys in the NFL....so it's no certainty he is just going to walk in and part the red sea for Mack and our running game.

On 1/10/2018 at 5:06 PM, dgambill said:

Nice highlights...but there aren't any boys in the NFL....so it's no certainty he is just going to walk in and part the red sea for Mack and our running game.

True but you can go back to the college tape for most NFL guards and most didn't dominate as much as Nelson did.

There is a reason that he's being graded out so highly.  

18 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

True but you can go back to the college tape for most NFL guards and most didn't dominate as much as Nelson did.

There is a reason that he's being graded out so highly.  

I gotcha...just saying it's a whole other world up here so people acting as if he is just going to come in and dominate....its a whole new level. I do agree he is worthy of a pick at the end of the top 10 but I'm not penciling him into any pro bowls just yet.

54 minutes ago, KING. said:

I'm torn between Nelson and Williams if the Colts decide to go OL RD1.

Normally I would take the tackle..play him at RT then swing him to left after Constanzo leaves but his knee injury gives me pause. Just hope we land a franchise guy no matter what the position here.

56 minutes ago, KING. said:

I'm torn between Nelson and Williams if the Colts decide to go OL RD1.

Between Quenton Nelson and Connor Williams? I think Nelson is the easy choice for me. He is the safest OL prospect in this class and the most elite prospect at OG since Logan Mankins/Zack Martin.

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Between Quenton Nelson and Connor Williams? I think Nelson is the easy choice for me. He is the safest OL prospect in this class and the most elite prospect at OG since Logan Mankins/Zack Martin.

that and he's the best O lineman in the draft.

On 1/17/2018 at 7:20 PM, zibby43 said:

Had the pleasure of watching Nelson closely all year.

• Leader
  • Extremely intelligent
  • Loves football
  • Was coached by Harry Hiestand
  • ND o-line won the Joe Moore award
  • Nasty, physical, mauler
  • Would make the Colts' o-line instantly better

Watch out! Hurricane Nelson is coming through!