Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are you taking at #3 overall?

Should these players be there at the #3 overall...  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take?

• Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
    • Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
    • Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

2 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

For the most part, I've found that it's mostly been OT's and defensive players that have been top-5 picks - shocker I know - that have won Superbowls with the teams that drafted them.

I will admit, I missed Jamal Lewis being drafted #5 to Baltimore in 2000 to which they won the Superbowl that year. However, as we are all aware, that Baltimore defense was arguably the 2nd best defense ever behind the 85 Bears.

Ok but when you say it's been mostly OT's and defensive players that still covers a lot of positions and I'm guessing that the ratio still isn't great.  

Don't get me wrong.  I would be happy with Drafting Chubb at #3 or trading back and taking Nelson.  But I do believe Barkley would be a great pick.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

For the most part, I've found that it's mostly been OT's and defensive players that have been top-5 picks - shocker I know - that have won Superbowls with the teams that drafted them.

I will admit, I missed Jamal Lewis being drafted #5 to Baltimore in 2000 to which they won the Superbowl that year. However, as we are all aware, that Baltimore defense was arguably the 2nd best defense ever behind the 85 Bears.

I didn't even think of Lewis either. IMO the Draft in general is a crap shoot. I like Chubb but I am not buying into that he will be the next Freeney or Mathis and definitely not the next Reggie White or Bruce Smith. I think I would Draft Nelson before I would him since we need major help on the O.Line as well. Any O.Line help we can get is better for Luck.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't even think of Lewis either. IMO the Draft in general is a crap shoot. I like Chubb but I am not buying into that he will be the next Freeney or Mathis and definitely not the next Reggie White or Bruce Smith. I think I would Draft Nelson before I would him since we need major help on the O.Line as well. Any O.Line help we can get is better for Luck.

Depends on what we do in free agency. If Norwell and/or Pugh are signed, no need for Nelson. I also wouldn't take Nelson with the third pick. Trade back and draft him.