Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears to Hire Nagy

Indeee

Just now, Derakynn said:

Fine with me. I wanted McDaniels if we go the offensive route. 

Everything I've read thus far suggests the job is McDaniels' if he wants it, and that it was between the Colts and Bears for him. With the Bears job filled, it's hard to imagine the Colts going with someone else now.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Starting to think that was all just smoke & mirrors.

3 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Can we freaking interview Toub now?!

Someone mentioned that he hasn't been connected with ANY team this off-season. Noone seems to be interviewing him, not just the Colts. Is it a situation of him being surefire Colts HC or is it that he doesn't want to leave KC now? 

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Everything I've read thus far suggests the job is McDaniels' if he wants it, and that it was between the Colts and Bears for him. With the Bears job filled, it's hard to imagine the Colts going with someone else now.

Maybe the Bears didn't want to wait for the Pats to win the Super Bowl to hire McDaniels.

3 minutes ago, twfish said:

What's the love affair with toub?

Not really sure. I like him mainly because he and Ballard have ties and had great chemistry in KC. At least that is what has been said by the media. He is still fairly young as well at 55, not young but not real old either. On NFL Live just now, the guys were saying the Bears were fearing we were going to hire Nagy is why they pulled the trigger.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really sure. I like him mainly because he and Ballard have ties and had great chemistry in KC. At least that is what has been said by the media. He is still fairly young as well at 55, not young but not real old either. On NFL Live just now, the guys were saying the Bears were fearing we were going to hire Nagy is why they pulled the trigger.

Thank you Chicago!!!! I bet their fans are so excited!

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

7929123d5645d2453def1d4ad74a2796.png?t=1

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

Someone mentioned that he hasn't been connected with ANY team this off-season. Noone seems to be interviewing him, not just the Colts. Is it a situation of him being surefire Colts HC or is it that he doesn't want to leave KC now? 

Yeah he hasn't interviewed anywhere... maybe he's up for a promotion in KC?

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if Ballard really wanted Nagy then he would have held out for the Indy job.  Since he interviewed with us yesterday, it probably didn't go well enough for Nagy to believe he had a chance at the Colts job.  Bears on the other hand scooped up the 2nd hottest offensive minded candidate.  They must have known that they had no shot at McDaniels.  So this all seems to bode well for those wanting McDaniels.  But before they all get too excited they'd do well not to dismiss Wilks or Richard.   Especially if there is any truth to the rumors that Ballard has been planning for awhile to change our defensive scheme from a 3-4 to a 4-3 Zone. Both of those guys are well versed with that scheme with Richard having ties to Ed Dodd.

As far as Toub...not sure he is a serious candidate right now since there has been no mention of the Colts even contacting him for an interview.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The is legitimately the dumbest reason to hire someone. 

31 minutes ago, twfish said:

What's the love affair with toub?

Here's why I wouldn't mind Toub.  

He's a great age for a coach.  He has great contacts to good coaching all over the league which makes me think he could assemble a good staff.  He has experience with both offensive and defensive players.  He's well respected by both coaches and players alike.  He seems to have a good eye for talent (you pick your special teams players from your crop of 53) and works well with Ballard.  He has tons of strength and conditioning experience (a serious weakness of ours) and he always has disciplined special teams units (which should translate to disciplined teams if he were head coach.

I like him more than Mcdaniels and about the same as Wilks. But I'd be fine with any of the 3.

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The is legitimately the dumbest reason to hire someone. 

Pretty sure they had other reasons to hire him...Like they wanted him as their #1 and got him before anyone else did. I've bought something before because I wanted it and didn't want to wait in case someone came behind me and wanted it too.

Not really unusual or dumb. 

They didn't go, "oh, the colts want him...let's hire him", without any other thought.