Sign in to follow this  
CR91

film breakdown of Malik Hooker

interesting video

• Like 1

He was getting better each week.  We can only hope and pray he comes back full steam.  

Realistically, when would they expect him back at 100%?   

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

He was getting better each week.  We can only hope and pray he comes back full steam.  

Realistically, when would they expect him back at 100%?   

Injuries and lack of FB experience (he was a basketball player most of his life) were the 2 main holdups on his draft grade.

He clearly uses his basketball skills (point guard) to read plays and seems very smart and able to translate those skills to the free-safety position.  He should be back to 100% physically from his current injury by pre-season (earlier)... keeping him healthy is going to be the problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If we can ever get a consistent pass rush, Hook’s skills will become even more apparent...  This kid is special. 

• Like 1

Let's get some ILB's that can actually cover so Hooker's not having to make all the tackles that they miss. I'm guessing that would help his longevity. 

Let's help the ball hawk so he can do what he's best at. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

If we can ever get a consistent pass rush, Hook’s skills will become even more apparent...  This kid is special. 

Let's all chant together......CHUBB! CHUBB! CHUBB! :cheer2:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Let's all chant together......CHUBB! CHUBB! CHUBB! :cheer2:

I know we have a leak in the roof, but I really want to get that Corvette!

(Like a spoiled child, I'd rather draft Barkley)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Wonderfully put, and I cannot argue with the sentiment!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I’m really liking Barkley too.  I just want us to get a transformationional player.  Be it offense or defense, please just let them be a difference maker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

I’m really liking Barkley too.  I just want us to get a transformationional player.  Be it offense or defense, please just let them be a difference maker.

I know the right thing to do is to trade the pick with the Jets, take Chubb or Key at 1 and use one of the two 2nd round picks to get Chubb, Guice, or Michel.  Getting back to the Hooker part of the thread, a good pass rush makes his job a lot easier.

But when we see Barkley's Combine numbers, we may all want to do the dumb thing and take him.  Good thing we have a smart, mature guy like Ballard making the pick.  And not me.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Injuries and lack of FB experience (he was a basketball player most of his life) were the 2 main holdups on his draft grade.

He clearly uses his basketball skills (point guard) to read plays and seems very smart and able to translate those skills to the free-safety position.  He should be back to 100% physically from his current injury by pre-season (earlier)... keeping him healthy is going to be the problem.

I don't know that we can say for sure that he'll be back to 100% by pre-season.  He might be cleared to play but it took Anderson another year of play to get back to 100%.  

I just worry about him staying healthy. He has had a number of injuries.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:15 PM, Valpo2004 said:

I don't know that we can say for sure that he'll be back to 100% by pre-season.  He might be cleared to play but it took Anderson another year of play to get back to 100%.  

Anderson is a 300+ lbs. guy that puts most of his weight against other 300+lbs. guys every time he plays. A knee injury to a lineman isn't comparable to a knee injury to a safety.

Not sure he will ever play a full season. Just have a bad gut feeling on the dude. Maybe i need to pooh. :dunno:

12 hours ago, ND Irish said:

Not sure he will ever play a full season. Just have a bad gut feeling on the dude. Maybe i need to pooh. :dunno:

He was hit very hard from a very bad angle, it happens. I'd be more concerned if he had constant hip, ankle or soft tissue issues, those can linger for a safety.

Lets hope your gut feeling fails you this time. ;)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 2:06 PM, Smonroe said:

I know the right thing to do is to trade the pick with the Jets, take Chubb or Key at 1 and use one of the two 2nd round picks to get Chubb, Guice, or Michel.  Getting back to the Hooker part of the thread, a good pass rush makes his job a lot easier.

But when we see Barkley's Combine numbers, we may all want to do the dumb thing and take him.  Good thing we have a smart, mature guy like Ballard making the pick.  And not me.

I'd be so happy if we could get Chubb and Guice. I'd literally be stoked even if Luck doesn't play.

I hope Hooker can be injury free from this point on but he was making a lot of tackles last season. His next injury will probably be a concussion as he is diving in for a tackle he will take a knee to the head. Since we had a nice unseasonably warm day today here in western Pa. I wore my Christmas present Hooker jersey for the first time today. Great feeling to wear a Colt jersey in this area of steeler country.

4 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I'd be so happy if we could get Chubb and Guice. I'd literally be stoked even if Luck doesn't play.

I kind of soured on Chubb a little.  Injury history, may not be as fast as I thought.  Love Guice.  

I dont want want to go through another year of ‘he’ll be back after week...’.  I’d like to know he’s throwing by the first OTAs.  Stress would be much reduced.   

Lets face it Chubb is a difference maker for the long term. He is a cant miss defender and he is off the chart with skills and reads.  I do wonder if any one wants to trade up to get him or Barkley. We shall see