Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any other Colts fans hate the Steelers more than the Pats?

Tsarquise

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Pats fans realize how bad this makes the Pats look. That organization is getting blasted by everyone outside of Boston. Pats fans were probably giggling like school girls when McTurd dissed us but it's back firing now. His own agent even dropped him lmao. I think this is a blessing in disguise that this hire didn't take place. Ballard was Boss in his press conference and classy too. If we hire a guy like Frank Reich I will be very happy. Frank is high a character guy, played QB in the league for years and was an excellent backup in Buffalo, and the knowledge he gained in Philly Coaching wise is huge. I am not so sure Reich wouldn't of been the better hire in the 1st place.

First and foremost, I 100% agree that Reich would be a better hire than McD.  I watched/followed Reich since his college days and he is "top shelf" coaching material.  He will handle Luck & Brissett in much the same way Pederson handled Wentz & Foles.

As for the McD fallout in Boston, trust me when I tell you that McD's decision & his integrity are getting crucified quite thoroughly on the Boston airwaves.  Sure, many Pats fans are only celebrating the fact the Colts were left at the altar....but those with half a brain are able to see what McD did to his own career and also realize that the Pat's organization is in the initial phase of significant changes.  It is entirely possible that Bob Kraft, BB, and TB12 could all be gone soon....leaving the organization in the hands of Jonathan Kraft, Caserio, McD, and a QB "to be named later".

Let's face it, however, the fact "the organization is getting blasted by everyone outside of Boston" really means nothing. The only thing that matters in the NFL is "W's" & "L's".  If the Pats go 15-1 next year, all of this SB fallout looks irrelevant....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

First and foremost, I 100% agree that Reich would be a better hire than McD.  I watched/followed Reich since his college days and he is "top shelf" coaching material.  He will handle Luck & Brissett in much the same way Pederson handled Wentz & Foles.

As for the McD fallout in Boston, trust me when I tell you that McD's decision & his integrity are getting crucified quite thoroughly on the Boston airwaves.  Sure, many Pats fans are only celebrating the fact the Colts were left at the altar....but those with half a brain are able to see what McD did to his own career and also realize that the Pat's organization is in the initial phase of significant changes.  It is entirely possible that Bob Kraft, BB, and TB12 could all be gone soon....leaving the organization in the hands of Jonathan Kraft, Caserio, McD, and a QB "to be named later".

Let's face it, however, the fact "the organization is getting blasted by everyone outside of Boston" really means nothing. The only thing that matters in the NFL is "W's" & "L's".  If the Pats go 15-1 next year, all of this SB fallout looks irrelevant....

As I have stated to GoPats in here, who I like and he is a huge Pats fan, I do think the Pats will be Great again next season. They will go at least 12-4 and make the Final 4 IMO. Not sure if they win the SB though but they have a solid shot at it. Brady/BB of course.

-I just know how the Colts/Pats Rivalry has been since the 80's so I am having fun with it. I have chatted with tons of Pats fans over the years and they defend their team like we do and most I chat with also have good knowledge. So I know the Pats aren't done yet but next season will show us a lot IMO.

-Reich is the way to go for us, no doubt.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As I have stated to GoPats in here, who I like and he is a huge Pats fan, I do think the Pats will be Great again next season. ...

Hey bud. Quiet week in the news huh? haha

I haven't said a peep on the McDaniels thing because I have mixed feelings about it. He really left Indy in the lurch, but to be honest with you, I'm not sure he's someone I would even WANT to follow in BB's footsteps. I still have a mental image in my head of him dancing on the sidelines in his first year in Denver after pulling off an upset win over the Patriots, lol... 

That said, the vitriol coming from a LOT of Colts fans... including some people who I have known on MBs for a while and respected... is totally over the top, much like it was after Deflategate. Rubbing salt in the wound of the Super Bowl loss? Really? For all the high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou types on this board, it's ironic to see many of them behaving pretty poorly with the chips down.

The best example, unfortunately, is gone. In one since-deleted thread, a regular poster said something to the effect of, "Patriots fans have no character or integrity." That was the same sentiment after DFG that made me stay off this board and others for about two years or so.

I have no personal integrity because of the actions of the football team I root for? What the heck is that??? People want to pass judgment on another person in that way and are talking about character and integrity? Man, that's some serious irony. 

I don't condone what McDaniels did. I get it. I don't know if it was intentional or not but McDaniels had a 2nd interview three or four days before the SB, so nothing could have really been finalized until then. And at that point, I think everyone the Colts had interviewed were already gone. So even if JM had informed them of this two weeks ago... they'd basically be in the same boat right now, save for any bad PR that came from making the announcement before anything got signed. 

4 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Hey bud. Quiet week in the news huh? haha

I haven't said a peep on the McDaniels thing because I have mixed feelings about it. He really left Indy in the lurch, but to be honest with you, I'm not sure he's someone I would even WANT to follow in BB's footsteps. I still have a mental image in my head of him dancing on the sidelines in his first year in Denver after pulling off an upset win over the Patriots, lol... 

That said, the vitriol coming from a LOT of Colts fans... including some people who I have known on MBs for a while and respected... is totally over the top, much like it was after Deflategate. Rubbing salt in the wound of the Super Bowl loss? Really? For all the high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou types on this board, it's ironic to see many of them behaving pretty poorly with the chips down.

The best example, unfortunately, is gone. In one since-deleted thread, a regular poster said something to the effect of, "Patriots fans have no character or integrity." That was the same sentiment after DFG that made me stay off this board and others for about two years or so.

I have no personal integrity because of the actions of the football team I root for? What the heck is that??? People want to pass judgment on another person in that way and are talking about character and integrity? Man, that's some serious irony. 

I don't condone what McDaniels did. I get it. I don't know if it was intentional or not but McDaniels had a 2nd interview three or four days before the SB, so nothing could have really been finalized until then. And at that point, I think everyone the Colts had interviewed were already gone. So even if JM had informed them of this two weeks ago... they'd basically be in the same boat right now, save for any bad PR that came from making the announcement before anything got signed. 

I was even actually on board with Mcdaniels so I am a bit hurt by it. I really wanted to see what he could do with Luck and that scheme with the quick passing. It is what it is and as you know I don't lump all Pats fans into the same category. Just another thing the media can spin for months now.

For the record GoPats, I think you're a good guy with integrity.  I also think, knowing what I know, that thou doth protest too much on this issue.

As was pointed out to me on so many occasions, this is a Colts board.  Don't expect hugs and kisses in enemy territory.

1 hour ago, Jaric said:

For the record GoPats, I think you're a good guy with integrity.  I also think, knowing what I know, that thou doth protest too much on this issue.

As was pointed out to me on so many occasions, this is a Colts board.  Don't expect hugs and kisses in enemy territory.

I think people post differently on their home boards than they do on rivals boards.  Don't you agree...??

You're an excepction, Jaric.   You're just you wherever you post.   I admire that.

24 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I think people post differently on their home boards than they do on rivals boards.  Don't you agree...??

You're an excepction, Jaric.   You're just you wherever you post.   I admire that.

Yeah I think people do and that's fine really.

I posted a lot (too much really) on other teams forums and while I was never dishonest about what I thought, I would on occasion bite my tongue to avoid being rude.  I always considered myself a guest, and it's rude to come to someone else's house and crap all over the floor.

That said, it's important to remember that as a host, it's also rude to throw too much shade at your guests.  Not to mention adding qualifiers doesn't really help.

"Patriots fan are the devil incarnate and should be beaten with reeds!"

"Oh not you GoPats, you're ok."

That doesn't really help.  Overall, if we remember that getting in to squabbles with other fans is part of the sports fan experience, while also keeping in mind quite a bit of that is just theatre, can keep you from losing perspective and saying mean things that you don't really mean.

(Also, for the record I believe that GoPats should in fact be beaten with reeds.  For his own good of course.)

:D

6 minutes ago, Jaric said:

I posted a lot (too much really) on other teams forums and while I was never dishonest about what I thought, I would on occasion bite my tongue to avoid being rude.  I always considered myself a guest, and it's rude to come to someone else's house and crap all over the floor.

That said, it's important to remember that as a host, it's also rude to throw too much shade at your guests.  Not to mention adding qualifiers doesn't really help.

I couldn't agree more.   I briefly posted on a Broncos board when Peyton was there, and I could only bring myself to post to that board in small increments.  haha  

Other than that, this is the only board I particpate in.

Tempers were a bit high the past two days.  It happens.   I think most of us felt like we'd been sucker punched by that other organization,  Again.       And yes,  we were all celebrating their loss in the SB.   Maybe a little too much, myself included.   It is what it is.   Sometimes it is hard to control your feelings,  

5 minutes ago, Jaric said:

"Patriots fan are the devil incarnate and should be beaten with reeds!"

"Oh not you GoPats, you're ok."

That doesn't really help.  Overall, if we remember that getting in to squabbles with other fans is part of the sports fan experience, while also keeping in mind quite a bit of that is just theatre, can keep you from losing perspective and saying mean things that you don't really mean.

(Also, for the record I believe that GoPats should in fact be beaten with reeds.  For his own good  enjoyment of course.)

FYP. :thmup:

You basically nailed it, yes. I was pretty harsh/direct on PP after DFG. No problem admitting that. 

Here, I've always tried to be more measured. More diplomatic. There's a difference between biting your tongue and using some discretion, versus being insincere. I am more of a guest here, and I try to act like one, not an entitled fan of another team. 

I think what people don't understand is that a lot of sports fans have reasons for their rooting interests. With the Patriots, it goes back to being a kid and having a father who was a semi-pro football player in the 1940s and early 50s. He was a huge Patriots fan from the inception of the franchise. We went to games at the old stadium, even when the team was terrible. We waited a long, long time for the team to be relevant. If you're a real fan of a team, these things are ingrained in you, and it's almost like family. (If a family member does something wrong, sure you're disappointed, but do you disown them because of it?) 

So, while I understand you think I "doth protest too much" (good man, knowing your Shakespeare), I don't like getting my character questioned because of my football rooting interests. Maybe that makes me sensitive, I don't know. 

I mean, most of this is just in-group/out-group disputes.  That's why when you try to examine it rationally, things fall apart.  

The entire concept of fanhood defies reason in the first place.  Should people be questioning your integrity because you root for a terrible franchise?  I guess I should probably say no. :thinking:

Should you be suprised when it happens?  I sure wouldn't.

You know you could put a stop to all this is you just renounce evil and come over to the good guys right?

20 minutes ago, Jaric said:

You know you could put a stop to all this is you just renounce evil and come over to the good guys right?

Pop would roll over in his grave... he spent like 25 years in the USMC, and even when he passed as an old, sickly man, I was still deathly afraid of him haha... haha

21 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Pop would roll over in his grave... he spent like 25 years in the USMC, and even when he passed as an old, sickly man, I was still deathly afraid of him haha... haha

THE POWER OF PEYTON COMPELLS YOU!  *holy water sprinkle.*

15 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Enjoy your Dynasty. I have enjoyed being a Colts fan since 1984 being here in Indy. You have 10 SB appearances since 1985 and have won 5. We only have 2 (2006/2009) and won 1 (2006) but have had tons of others wins and great moments. I think as an Indy Colts fan the worst moment I ever suffered was still the 1995 AFC Title Game loss to Pitt. Harbaugh was awesome all Playoffs. That was one game where I think we did get screwed by the REFS. The 2009 SB loss hurt to NO and so did the 2014 AFC Title Game loss to you guys (felt bad for Andrew as he didn't play well) but 1995 we had the game won.

5 minutes ago, Jaric said:

That's why I'm a Colts fan today.

That is my 2nd favorite season still as of today (1995) and I have been a fan since 1984. Only 2006 was better because we won the SB. Believe it or not 2012 is my 3rd favorite when we went 11-5 with Luck after being 2-14. Nobody had us winning 5 games going into 2012. Luck was the best Rookie ever. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is my 2nd favorite season still as of today (1995) and I have been a fan since 1984. Only 2006 was better because we won the SB. Believe it or not 2012 is my 3rd favorite when we went 11-5 with Luck after being 2-14. Nobody had us winning 5 games going into 2012. Luck was the best Rookie ever. 

Yeah that's pretty much the exact same for me as well.

27 minutes ago, Jaric said:

#neverforget95

I missed 95.    I came on board with Peyton, having watched him at Tennessee and then following to Indy, and now there is no other team I'd rather be a fan of.  

I have heard so much about 95, tho,  so I'm sorry I missed all that excitement.

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

I missed 95.    I came on board with Peyton, having watched him at Tennessee and then following to Indy, and now there is no other team I'd rather be a fan of.  

It was pretty much an oasis in the middle of a desert of suck

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

1995 was so much fun, Harbaugh was awesome that season. The Peyton days were our best between 2003-2006 obviously but 95 just came out of the blue much like going 11-5 in 2012 with Luck.

18 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Blaming BB? Why? Lol Brady is the one who choked the game away. 

Because the D sucked and he didn't play the #2  corner all game.  And choked? Because a guy got threw in less than 3 seconds and hit himas he tried to throw.. ok maybe a hater calls that choking but not a football fan

46 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Because the D sucked and he didn't play the #2  corner all game.  And choked? Because a guy got threw in less than 3 seconds and hit himas he tried to throw.. ok maybe a hater calls that choking but not a football fan

Lol you sound like us Colts fans defending Peyton. 

Just saying. He is supposed to be mister clutch, right? Wasn't that the reason he was even compressor to Peyton before 2007? And pretty freaking far from clutch, right?

It just discredits counting Super Bowl rings as a measurement of the GOAT; it's a team sport. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Enjoy your Dynasty. I have enjoyed being a Colts fan since 1984 being here in Indy. You have 10 SB appearances since 1985 and have won 5. We only have 2 (2006/2009) and won 1 (2006) but have had tons of others wins and great moments. I think as an Indy Colts fan the worst moment I ever suffered was still the 1995 AFC Title Game loss to Pitt. Harbaugh was awesome all Playoffs. That was one game where I think we did get screwed by the REFS. The 2009 SB loss hurt to NO and so did the 2014 AFC Title Game loss to you guys (felt bad for Andrew as he didn't play well) but 1995 we had the game won.

You are a good dude. Proof that it’s possible to be a passionate fan while still maintaining a level of objectivity and balance. Thanks man. 

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

I couldn't agree more.   I briefly posted on a Broncos board when Peyton was there, and I could only bring myself to post to that board in small increments.  haha  

Other than that, this is the only board I particpate in.

Tempers were a bit high the past two days.  It happens.   I think most of us felt like we'd been sucker punched by that other organization,  Again.       And yes,  we were all celebrating their loss in the SB.   Maybe a little too much, myself included.   It is what it is.   Sometimes it is hard to control your feelings,  

I remember a looonnnggg time ago, this thread about “who would you want to meet if you could meet one NFL player ?” I posted something to the effect that I would ask if I could give that experience away so that you could have lunch with PM, and I meant it. You’re a sweetheart and I hope that nothing I’ve said here came off the wrong way. I’m just frustrated by these things and like you said, sometimes it’s hard to control these things. Wish you all the best though, as always. 

32 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I remember a looonnnggg time ago, this thread about “who would you want to meet if you could meet one NFL player ?” I posted something to the effect that I would ask if I could give that experience away so that you could have lunch with PM, and I meant it. You’re a sweetheart and I hope that nothing I’ve said here came off the wrong way. I’m just frustrated by these things and like you said, sometimes it’s hard to control these things. Wish you all the best though, as always. 

I remember that!  I was so touched that you said that, and thank you once again  for reminding me.

There were two other former posters on here that made it possible for me to attend games when Peyton returned.  I am forever reminded of the kindness people have extended to me here, and i love the friendships I've made here.  

The good far outweighs the few unfortunate and uncomfortable encounters I've had.

I think we're proof that you can be passionate about your team and still have a friendly rivalry with those from other teams.

Thank you for the kind words. :hug:

44 minutes ago, GoPats said:

You are a good dude. Proof that it’s possible to be a passionate fan while still maintaining a level of objectivity and balance. Thanks man. 

Yeah I just know your Dynasty is Great = 10 SB's and win 5, not much else to say. I am also proud of what the Colts have accomplished which helps me. 1987 with Dickerson was awesome = Division Champs in the AFC East, 1995/2003/2006/2009/2014 - all Final 4's and 2006 was a SB winner which validates the other wins. Take the Great with the Bad my friend.