Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any other Colts fans hate the Steelers more than the Pats?

Tsarquise

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I believe the Philly fans are more obnoxious than the Steelers or the Patriots.

It's been a long time since I went to a game in either of the three places but my experience in Philly was one I will never forget. That is the only game I ever went to where I was honestly scared to be there.

I had a great time at the Pittsburgh game and got treated very well. I sat with a bunch of steel mill workers and enjoyed myself a bunch. They paid for my beer and had nothing but fun ribbing about my Colts gear.

It was the old New England stadium I went to and other than one obnoxious fan I had no problem. Other Patriot fans put this guy in check so it wasn't a big problem at all.

I always find the crowd interaction angle really interesting.  Being from Scotland and a fan of Glasgow Rangers, there is segregation between fans at every game.  Matches against Glasgow Celtic need two solid lines of police officers and a gap in between those lines.

Don't get me wrong, I am in full admiration of being able to sit beside a rival fan and enjoy the game together, its just an alien concept to me.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a pleasant suprise this thread is. I hate the Pats but if Bill Belichik went somewhere else it would be the biggest face turn since The Undertaker turned on Jake the Snake. And we would all root for him no matter how much we deny it now.

I flat out hate the Steelers ever since the became a bunch of pouting, crying, babies (a couple of other things to but saying them dances pretty close to forum rules). Forget 7 win quarterbacks breaking age old records ever year, how about golf coaches calling plays? And speaking of Bill Belichik, he isn't the only coach to cheat lately.

On 1/7/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jules said:

I actually secretly would love a Pats/Falcons re-match and to see if the Falcons can get revenge . Steelers can bug me more at times ABSOLUTELY so I I kinda do see your point on that. 

However if the Pats are going to get a challenge in the AFC it has to be the Steelers. If they get the Jags then omg......

OMG JULES!!  It's been ages since we've talked.  Used to belong here and then fell away when Peyton left.  I was browsing around trying to see who's on the radar to be the next coach for the Colts and saw this, uh, very pleasant thread lol. Gotta laugh though.  I see a lot of familiar posters that I look forward to conversing with again, but I always enjoyed chatting it up with you.  As seemingly the lone Steelers fan, hopefully I can enjoy it here like the good old days. 

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

What a pleasant suprise this thread is. I hate the Pats but if Bill Belichik went somewhere else it would be the biggest face turn since The Undertaker turned on Jake the Snake. And we would all root for him no matter how much we deny it now.

I flat out hate the Steelers ever since the became a bunch of pouting, crying, babies (a couple of other things to but saying them dances pretty close to forum rules). Forget 7 win quarterbacks breaking age old records ever year, how about golf coaches calling plays? And speaking of Bill Belichik, he isn't the only coach to cheat lately.

tomlinhop2.gif

12 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I always find the crowd interaction angle really interesting.  Being from Scotland and a fan of Glasgow Rangers, there is segregation between fans at every game.  Matches against Glasgow Celtic need two solid lines of police officers and a gap in between those lines.

Don't get me wrong, I am in full admiration of being able to sit beside a rival fan and enjoy the game together, its just an alien concept to me.

Yes I have watched and seen how crazy the fans get at soccer games.  They take the meaning of hard core to the max and sometimes over.

I can't stand seeing the patriots win games. Every patriots loss is nearly as good as a colts win. Yeah 05 was a special year, amazing in fact, and the loss to the steelers stings, but the patriots beat the colts in 03, and 04 playoffs. They ended our run for both those years. It seemed like everytime it was Colts time, it got ended by the patriots. 

I will forever hate the patriots lol. 

3 hours ago, stlrsfan said:

OMG JULES!!  It's been ages since we've talked.  Used to belong here and then fell away when Peyton left.  I was browsing around trying to see who's on the radar to be the next coach for the Colts and saw this, uh, very pleasant thread lol. Gotta laugh though.  I see a lot of familiar posters that I look forward to conversing with again, but I always enjoyed chatting it up with you.  As seemingly the lone Steelers fan, hopefully I can enjoy it here like the good old days. 

Nice to see you again :). I hope all is well. I remember you......but did you go by another name in the old days? 

Hit me up sometime in a PM if you ever want to catch up and even chat about the Steelers postseason coming up. :thmup:

19 hours ago, Jules said:

Nice to see you again :). I hope all is well. I remember you......but did you go by another name in the old days? 

Hit me up sometime in a PM if you ever want to catch up and even chat about the Steelers postseason coming up. :thmup:

Hey!  Happy New Year!  Hope you and yours are doing great.  I'd love to pm you, but since I'm new I think I can't just yet.  Yeah I did have another name, what was it lol?  Showing my age here not remembering...sad.  As soon as I can, will be in touch!

4 hours ago, stlrsfan said:

Hey!  Happy New Year!  Hope you and yours are doing great.  I'd love to pm you, but since I'm new I think I can't just yet.  Yeah I did have another name, what was it lol?  Showing my age here not remembering...sad.  As soon as I can, will be in touch!

I am doing great, thank you.

I don't remember exactly what your name used to be either but it was a tad different. haha 

See you around here and please stick around for the Steelers playoff run too. Will be interesting and I think most here will be going for the Steelers over Pats despite this thread. lmao 

Good Luck to your Steelers this weekend as well.:thmup:

I enjoy watching Le'veon Bell and Antonio Brown, they are fantastic players.  But there is the 1995 AFC Championship game and 2005 divisional game that was also heartbreaking.  Also, Fort Wayne has a large longtime Steeler fan base for whatever reason, that stems from their successful times in the 70s before the Colts had arrived.  The fans in Pittsburg might be cool, but the ones here are awful.  Oddly, the few Pats fans I have met, mostly from the Boston area, actually are pretty decent.  Of course the Brady/Manning rivalry years definitely brought out some hard feelings, but also some great football and moments.  At the end of the day, it's pretty even.  Hate the Pats organization(although I respect it), hate the Steelers fans here, so seeing either team win is never fun for me.  

Personally though, I don't care if Jacksonville is divisional, I would love to see them beat the Pats after knocking out the Steelers.  If the Pats get to the Super Bowl, I don't have much confidence in them losing and my birthday is a few days before that which would be a terrible present.  Although I will admit, I am more desensitized by Pats Super Bowl wins, when in the past I would usually lose my temper, they have already proven they are the greatest team ever, now it's just piling it on.  I rather have a game where I am mostly neutral, which is pretty much every other team left.  The Vikings are the team I would like to see win the most.  

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I feel embarrassed for making this thread now lol. Don't know how my hate started to wane. Lol 

It's different

The thing with the Steelers for me is about the lost AFC Championship

The thing with the patriots is.......not about the game. 

I'll say this for the Steelers, I don't question their integrity

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

After today, I assume we are all on the same wavelength again! haha

12 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Definitely. Screw the Patriots. I hate them the most out of any sports team, ever. 

11 minutes ago, Gramz said:

And now................... More than EVER.

Just think of what has happened to the Colts organization since that fateful night of the AFCCG in January 2015 (ie- The deflategate game).  Nothing but bad karma for the Colts since that night....

6 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Just think of what has happened to the Colts organization since that fateful night of the AFCCG in January 2015 (ie- The deflategate game).  Nothing but bad karma for the Colts since that night....

True, it has gone down hill, but are you implying that this is karma? 

16 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

How else would you explain some of the far-fetched debacles the Colts have suffered from since that night...including this latest episode (McD)?

haha   well now,  we all have our own Karma trains we're watching, now don't we.?

The Karma train I'm watching, is the one where TB12 spent months filming a documentary about "his own greatness", and had it in place to cram down everyone for 2 weeks leading up to the SB,  with all the arrogance of knowing full well he was going to hoist another :lombardi: .    All the while, said team and owner were conniving to pull a fast one on the Colts, because even with all their accomplishments they're still hung up on revenge for Deflategate.

Well someone threw a monkey wrench into at least part of that scenario.    something happened, didn't it..??    He and his team didn't pull that off that SB victory, did they?

And the childish, sore loser that he is,  walked off the field, without congratulating the winning QB,   who by the way, handled himself with the utmost maturity and grace.    So the Karma I'm watching is TB12 having to see this photo over and over again for the off season.   You can have your Karma, Reality, and I can have mine.

Image result for Nick FolesRelated image

15 minutes ago, Gramz said:

haha   well now,  we all have our own Karma trains we're watching, now don't we.?

The Karma train I'm watching, is the one where TB12 spent months filming a documentary about "his own greatness", and had it in place to cram down everyone for 2 weeks leading up to the SB,  with all the arrogance of knowing full well he was going to hoist another :lombardi: .    All the while, said team and owner were conniving to pull a fast one on the Colts, because even with all their accomplishments they're still hung up on revenge for Deflategate.

Well someone threw a monkey wrench into at least part of that scenario.    something happened, didn't it..??    He and his team didn't pull that off that SB victory, did they?

And the childish, sore loser that he is,  walked off the field, without congratulating the winning QB,   who by the way, handled himself with the utmost maturity and grace.    So the Karma I'm watching is TB12 having to see this photo over and over again for the off season.   You can have your Karma, Reality, and I can have mine.

Lost?....seems like this one got a bit off-topic.  We are in a Colts forum...NOT an eagles forum.

17 minutes ago, Gramz said:

back to the topic....

Since that AFCCG ( Indy @ NE), the pats have won 3 AFCCG's and 2 SB Titles.  That's GREAT Karma IMO....

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

45 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

How else would you explain some of the far-fetched debacles the Colts have suffered from since that night...including this latest episode (McD)?

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Lost?....seems like this one got a bit off-topic.  We are in a Colts forum...NOT an eagles forum.

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

back to the topic....

Since that AFCCG ( Indy @ NE), the pats have won 3 AFCCG's and 2 SB Titles.  That's GREAT Karma IMO....

Feels like you are a pats fan and trolling

42 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

No, I'm not lost.      It seems my point was lost on you.       Not even worth trying to explain at this point.  Oh wth... let me make this clearer.... while the Pats were conniving to pull off another sneaky scheme and most likely planning to do so on the heels of another SB win,  they got outplayed and out coached by the Eagles.  I see that as some Karma.

And back on the topic at hand,   Being shunned by McD  is not a sign of Karma.   I believe it's a blessing in disguise.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:22 AM, Tsarquise said:

If I said I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats win the Super Bowl, I take that back. I won't be able to stomach people actually believing that Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. 

It's mostly Bellichick. 

Lol then this defeat hurt your cause in one way. Everyone blaming BB and praising Brady for almost"willing" them to victory with his GOAT performance lol

13 hours ago, Nadine said:

It's different

The thing with the Steelers for me is about the lost AFC Championship

The thing with the patriots is.......not about the game. 

I'll say this for the Steelers, I don't question their integrity

The Rooney family has great integrity and that is something Kraft has never had. The sad part is most of the Patriot fans don't even know what the meaning of integrity is.

There is a legitimate reason the Patriots have been fined and have had more draft picks taken away than any other team in NFL history.

I don't think Pats fans realize how bad this makes the Pats look. That organization is getting blasted by everyone outside of Boston. Pats fans were probably giggling like school girls when McTurd dissed us but it's back firing now. His own agent even dropped him lmao. I think this is a blessing in disguise that this hire didn't take place. Ballard was Boss in his press conference and classy too. If we hire a guy like Frank Reich I will be very happy. Frank is high a character guy, played QB in the league for years and was an excellent backup in Buffalo, and the knowledge he gained in Philly Coaching wise is huge. I am not so sure Reich wouldn't of been the better hire in the 1st place.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Pats fans realize how bad this makes the Pats look. That organization is getting blasted by everyone outside of Boston. Pats fans were probably giggling like school girls when McTurd dissed us but it's back firing now. His own agent even dropped him lmao. I think this is a blessing in disguise that this hire didn't take place. Ballard was Boss in his press conference and classy too. If we hire a guy like Frank Reich I will be very happy. Frank is high a character guy, played QB in the league for years and was an excellent backup in Buffalo, and the knowledge he gained in Philly Coaching wise is huge. I am not so sure Reich wouldn't of been the better hire in the 1st place.

Backups make the best Coaches

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Blaming BB? Why? Lol Brady is the one who choked the game away. 

Tom fumbled/strip sack at the most crucial time of the game. He had ball in hand with a chance to have the game winning drive and blew it. Had that been Peyton that done that, Pats fans would've been all over Peyton calling him a choke lmao like the Saints SB. They didn't care about the fluke Onside Kick or Freeney being injured lmao. No no it was all Peyton's fault. Well Tom blew it then too. Cant have it both ways Pats fans.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom fumbled/strip sack at the most crucial time of the game. He had ball in hand with a chance to have the game winning drive and blew it. Had that been Peyton that done that, Pats fans would've been all over Peyton calling him a choke lmao like the Saints SB. They didn't care about the fluke Onside Kick or Freeney being injured lmao. No no it was all Peyton's fault. Well Tom blew it then too. Cant have it both ways Pats fans.

Exactly. 

This is exactly why I said he choked. I remember when the argument for Brady was that he was clutch, not that he has amazing stats. 

How Brady lost was reminiscent of how Manning lost many times. 

Brady is not the freaking greatest of all time, but he is one of the greats. 

55 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

If anybody still hates the Steelers more than the patriots then you’re not a true colts fan 

Just who are you to tell someone they are not a true Colts fan no matter who they hate more? 

Not to be argumentative but it's true.

I just happen to dislike Seattle and the Cowboys more than the Pats or the Steelers.

4 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

If anybody still hates the Steelers more than the patriots then you’re not a true colts fan 

Well to start with, I don't hate anyone.  But the losses handed to us by the Steelers have made them nemesis #1 for me.

Of the past 30 games with them, we've won 6. We not only have a history of losing to them, we really lose to them at their stadium.

The win at Steelers in 2008 was the first time we won at their stadium since 1968.

I'd like in my lifetime to see the Colts win the AFC game at Pitt.  When that happens, I will let go of my grudge.

Don't get me wrong, the AFC win over the Pats was the sweetest victory ever.  I just want to win an AFC game at Pitt is all :dunno:

I'm still super salty about the loss in 95 (that receiver was out of bounds before he caught the ball!).

I don't hate them though.  They actually saved us from a butt whooping in that Superbowl so it was actually a blessing in disguise.