Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any other Colts fans hate the Steelers more than the Pats?

Tsarquise

As a Colts fan, I have watched so many heated Colts and Pats games, that I started to admire the Pats, Brady and Bellichick. But, when I think of the Colts and Steelers games, I never viewed the Steelers as the best, and I can't get over the 05 playoffs loss. It isn't as fun watching the Steelers play, either, and it always feels like a travesty when they win, because I feel like they aren't the best. And I just find Roethlisberger unlikeable. They also aren't as entertaining to watch as the Pats. 

So, between the Pats and the Steelers, I would rather see the Pats in the Super Bowl. They are way more entertaining to watch, and with an NFL full of new faces, it is kind of nostalgic to see that duo continue to kick butt; it would also be amazing to see them win another Super Bowl.

Anyone else feel the same way? 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

As a Colts fan, I have watched so many heated Colts and Pats games, that I started to admire the Pats, Brady and Bellichick. But, when I think of the Colts and Steelers games, I never viewed the Steelers as the best, and I can't get over the 05 playoffs loss. It isn't as fun watching the Steelers play, either, and it always feels like a travesty when they win, because I feel like they aren't the best. And I just find Roethlisberger unlikeable. They also aren't as entertaining to watch as the Pats. 

So, between the Pats and the Steelers, I would rather see the Pats in the Super Bowl. They are way more entertaining to watch, and with an NFL full of new faces, it is kind of nostalgic to see that duo continue to kick butt; it would also be amazing to see them win another Super Bowl.

I honestly hate both teams but I respect both. Once again I will be in a no win situation and have to root for one to lose in the SB. Their fanbases hated us as well when we had Peyton because we won all the time so I get it. Winners get the hate lmao. I would almost prefer Tom to just get #6, instead of Ben getting #3. The thought of Ben having more SB wins than Peyton makes me sick. Most people think Tom is the best ever anyway so who cares at this point. Peyton is still in the Top 5 on anyone's list which is ok with me. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats beat the Steelers to answer your question after my rambling but I hope they get upset in the SB. If Matt Ryan got redemption for last year I would be thrilled with that. He hasn't won a SB and had them beat.

Yes. I do. As you said, ‘05 still stings all these years later. We were talented and stacked enough to win the Super Bowl that year. Could’ve been back to back. 

Although I can’t say that I would rather see one or the other in the championship... 

I dislike the Steelers more, but just barely. Another Patriots Super Bowl win would mean even more ammunition for their fans to beat us down with... It’s getting old...

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yes. I do. As you said, ‘05 still stings all these years later. We were talented and stacked enough to win the Super Bowl that year. Could’ve been back to back. 

Although I can’t say that I would rather see one or the other in the championship... 

I dislike the Steelers more, but just barely. Another Patriots Super Bowl win would mean even more ammunition for their fans to beat us down with... It’s getting old...

I mean, we really have nothing on the Pats anymore, so I say let them win and make history; at least it makes our losses to them not look as bad. 

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I mean, we really have nothing on the Pats anymore, so I say let them win and make history; at least it makes our losses to them not look as bad. 

I already think our 2014 Title Game loss doesn't look bad at all now. Reasons = Ok maybe Deflategate was over exaggerated but it still happened. They lost Draft picks, Tom got suspended, etc.. So they were found guilty whether people think it was a joke or not. Secondly and more importantly the Pats destroyed the Steelers almost just as bad in the Title Game last season. They kill everyone lmao. I have never understood why so many Colts fans give us hell for losing to them but yet everyone else loses to them too unless your the Giants in the SB or have Peyton on your team.

nah, my hatred for the Pats will never go away, too many heart breaking losses through the 2000s, Spygate, BB and Brady the dream team blah blah blah. My hatred for the Steelers has actually kind of withdrawn over the years. They are not a rival to us anymore like they used to be. The Patriots will always be the Colts rival in my mind even 100 years from now. As much as i dislike Big Ben, i think Bell and Brown are both top 3 in the positions they play and are great young players to watch...that being sayd they are all that stand between the Pats and another SB appearance, i will be rooting for the Steelers

I actually secretly would love a Pats/Falcons re-match and to see if the Falcons can get revenge . Steelers can bug me more at times ABSOLUTELY so I I kinda do see your point on that. 

However if the Pats are going to get a challenge in the AFC it has to be the Steelers. If they get the Jags then omg......

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

It's the fashion in which the Colts lost; truly pathetic, and no contest. 

God, I hate this era of Colts football. 

I understand they still would've beat us without cheating but they did cheat. It will eventually come out once the ball boys talk. Everything comes out now days, then people wont think Deflategate is a joke. Integrity to me is huge in this league. I loved our 1st 3 years with Luck, it was looking promising until Luck started to get injured. 2018 has me upbeat as I like Ballard and glad Chuck is gone. I also cant wait for #12 to play again. The Draft has me excited too.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I actually secretly would love a Pats/Falcons re-match and to see if the Falcons can get revenge . Steelers can bug me more at times ABSOLUTELY so I I kinda do see your point on that. 

However if the Pats are going to get a challenge in the AFC it has to be the Steelers. If they get the Jags then omg......

I personally would be thrilled to death if the Vikings won the SB but in reality I think only the Saints or Falcons can take down the Pats. It's because of QBing. Matt Ryan is now in the Divisional Round and believe he remembers last season. Brees is a beast as well.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I personally would be thrilled to death if the Vikings won the SB but in reality I think only the Saints or Falcons can take down the Pats. It's because of QBing. Matt Ryan is now in the Divisional Round and believe he remembers last season. Brees is a beast as well.

Yeah, as much as the Vikings are favored I think to win the NFC I can't see a Case Keenum-led team beating the Patriots, and I'm sure the team would be like "OMG IT'S THE PATRIOTS, THEY'RE SCARIER THAN THE BOOGEYMAN" and whither up and not put up a fight if put on the same field as them.

For the Falcons, lol, no, I don't want them in the same area code as the Patriots. I'm sure last year will be in their head if they make it back, and not a good way.

Which leaves.....the Saints?

As for the Steelers, I've never really hated them. Only real big game that they've had against the Bills was the 04 finale when the Bills lost to the Steelers backups at home and missed the playoffs because of it (and it would've been win and in for the Bills if they win that game). The Steelers were 14-1 and had everything clinched so the game meant nothing to them. I think they played most of their defensive starters but Big Ben, Hines Ward, and The Bus sat out, and the Bills still couldn't win.

3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Yeah, as much as the Vikings are favored I think to win the NFC I can't see a Case Keenum-led team beating the Patriots, and I'm sure the team would be like "OMG IT'S THE PATRIOTS, THEY'RE SCARIER THAN THE BOOGEYMAN" and whither up and not put up a fight if put on the same field as them.

For the Falcons, lol, no, I don't want them in the same area code as the Patriots. I'm sure last year will be in their head if they make it back, and not a good way.

Which leaves.....the Saints?

As for the Steelers, I've never really hated them. Only real big game that they've had against the Bills was the 04 finale when the Bills lost to the Steelers backups at home and missed the playoffs because of it (and it would've been win and in for the Bills if they win that game). The Steelers were 14-1 and had everything clinched so the game meant nothing to them. I think they played most of their defensive starters but Big Ben, Hines Ward, and The Bus sat out, and the Bills still couldn't win.

I don't think the Falcons will fear the Pats. They believe they should've won the 1st time. Having said that I trust Drew Brees and Sean Payton a lot because they have won a SB.

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

In the last 15 years, the Steelers are 3-11 against the Pats, and they have not won a playoff game against them in that span.

There is little hope the Steelers are going to beat the Pats, and I want to see them lose (The Steelers), I at least want the Colts to be remember as the number 2 team in the AFC during the Brady era.

I take back my statement of wanting to see the Pats win another Super Bowl: I do not. I just felt like there was no other team that could beat them, but i forgot about the Falcons. Would like to see the Falcons get revenge,or I wouldn't mind seeing Brees win another. But out of the AFC I want the Pats to win.

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

I hate the Pats more than I hate the Steelers.

Hate is a strong word for what I feel for the Patriots. It's more like despise because of the arrogance of the Patriots. They have been the most fined team in the league for a reason but yet their fan base says it's all over others being jealous.

Maybe the whole deflategate thing was blown up more than it was there is still too many unanswered issues.

I also don't believe for one minute that Belechick didn't know the rules about the issues with Spygate.

I have no hate at all aimed at the Steelers. Their coach makes no excuses and don't whine if they lose.

I don’t hate either...I just want to see a new story...it’s lije watching Star Wars...sure it’s a great story...it’s legendary and you always leave impressed...but at this point it’s worn out...it’s like repeating itself over and over. I’d rather watch something fresh...even if it will never be as great a concept. Does that make sense?? I’m ready to see Minnesota win...no star qb...good defense but not even all time great. Just ready to see something new and new fans happy.

I think the reason I dislike the Steelers more than the Patriots has to do more with their fans than the actual teams. Pittsburgh only trails Dallas for the most obnoxious fans in the NFL. As far as franchises go though I have nothing but respect for both Pittsburgh and New England. They are model franchises when it comes to consistently winning in the NFL.

Steelers are always a dirty team.  James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Joey Porter, Ryan Shazir.  Hines Ward, which is quite remarkable for a wide receiver to be recognized as a dirty player.  There are no Steeler fans without a connection to Pittsburgh.  Bandwagon fans must be repulsed.

24 minutes ago, Roger said:

Steelers are always a dirty team.  James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Joey Porter, Ryan Shazir.  Hines Ward, which is quite remarkable for a wide receiver to be recognized as a dirty player.  There are no Steeler fans without a connection to Pittsburgh.  Bandwagon fans must be repulsed.

I can't agree that there are no Steeler fans other than those with connections to Pittsburgh.

I have traveled all over this country due to my job and there are Steeler fans all over this country. No matter where they travel to play the stands always have their share of Steeler fans.

The Pats are in their own category for me.

i have a love / hate relationship with the Steelers.

my brother wnd nephew are asteeler fans along with 75% of people  where i live.  Another 20% are eagle fans, which leaves about 5% for the rest of us.  I'm in Pa and have been to many games in Pitt including the '95 hail mary game.  

I dont hate the Steelers as much as i'm "sick" of them.  Sick of hearing about them, sick of black n gold, sick of that stupid song, sick of big ben, sick of tomlin, sick of their success.  Just "Sick and tired" of them, so to speak.

but i really cant say anything, i am living in "Steeler country". 

I just dont have to like it.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Hate is a strong word for what I feel for the Patriots. It's more like despise because of the arrogance of the Patriots. They have been the most fined team in the league for a reason but yet their fan base says it's all over others being jealous.

Maybe the whole deflategate thing was blown up more than it was there is still too many unanswered issues.

I also don't believe for one minute that Belechick didn't know the rules about the issues with Spygate.

I have no hate at all aimed at the Steelers. Their coach makes no excuses and don't whine if they lose.

yeah he never whines....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-tomlin-irate-over-headset-issues-always-the-case-at-new-england/

earth to tomlin, the NFL controls ALL communications. *. you lost the game because you refuse to not use a zone D against Brady. just like the afccg last year and the game a few weeks back.

Brady is the best ever (yes I can say that and still hate the pats, I am an objective thinker, who's better at the QB position?) ....if u show him the same thing year after year, he'll beat you year after year.. hence the 11-3 record against the steelers, and I think all three wins were regular season IIRC.

my hatred for the pats is just barely more than my hatred for the steelers. If they play at Gillette in two weeks it will be my fondest wish that a large meteor hits and we kill two birds with one stone.

15 minutes ago, eseae said:

yeah he never whines....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-tomlin-irate-over-headset-issues-always-the-case-at-new-england/

earth to tomlin, the NFL controls ALL communications. *. you lost the game because you refuse to not use a zone D against Brady. just like the afccg last year and the game a few weeks back.

Brady is the best ever (yes I can say that and still hate the pats, I am an objective thinker, who's better at the QB position?) ....if u show him the same thing year after year, he'll beat you year after year.. hence the 11-3 record against the steelers, and I think all three wins were regular season IIRC.

my hatred for the pats is just barely more than my hatred for the steelers. If they play at Gillette in two weeks it will be my fondest wish that a large meteor hits and we kill two birds with one stone.

Tomlin is not the only one who have complained about things that has gone on in and around the locker rooms in New England.

Even the Colts and Manning wouldn't discuss anything of importance there.

What difference does it make to anyone but you who you hate the most?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I think the reason I dislike the Steelers more than the Patriots has to do more with their fans than the actual teams. Pittsburgh only trails Dallas for the most obnoxious fans in the NFL. As far as franchises go though I have nothing but respect for both Pittsburgh and New England. They are model franchises when it comes to consistently winning in the NFL.

I believe the Philly fans are more obnoxious than the Steelers or the Patriots.

It's been a long time since I went to a game in either of the three places but my experience in Philly was one I will never forget. That is the only game I ever went to where I was honestly scared to be there.

I had a great time at the Pittsburgh game and got treated very well. I sat with a bunch of steel mill workers and enjoyed myself a bunch. They paid for my beer and had nothing but fun ribbing about my Colts gear.

It was the old New England stadium I went to and other than one obnoxious fan I had no problem. Other Patriot fans put this guy in check so it wasn't a big problem at all.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Tomlin is not the only one who have complained about things that has gone on in and around the locker rooms in New England.

Even the Colts and Manning wouldn't discuss anything of importance there.

What difference does it make to anyone but you who you hate the most?

none, really, just noting that tomlim does whine. and that was about coach/box communication, not anything about the locker room.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I believe the Philly fans are more obnoxious than the Steelers or the Patriots.

It's been a long time since I went to a game in either of the three places but my experience in Philly was one I will never forget. That is the only game I ever went to where I was honestly scared to be there.

I had a great time at the Pittsburgh game and got treated very well. I sat with a bunch of steel mill workers and enjoyed myself a bunch. They paid for my beer and had nothing but fun ribbing about my Colts gear.

It was the old New England stadium I went to and other than one obnoxious fan I had no problem. Other Patriot fans put this guy in check so it wasn't a big problem at all.

I went to the 03 playoff game in NE and was bracing for the worst from the pats fans but was shocked that other than a couple clowns they were pretty cool. And I had the same experience, the other fans gave them crap for being obnoxious and shut them up.

but I still hate the team.

I'll tell you one thing...regardless of who you hate more or less, nobody can deny that the most exciting Super Bowls over the last 20 years have been the 7 in which New England has played.

You may not want to see them win again, but you're all but guaranteed one heck of an ending!

2 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

I'll tell you one thing...regardless of who you hate more or less, nobody can deny that the most exciting Super Bowls over the last 20 years have been the 7 in which New England has played.

You may not want to see them win again, but you're all but guaranteed one heck of an ending!

I agree, wholeheartedly. That's one if the reason I would prefer to see New England in the Super Bowl this year. 

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:22 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly hate both teams but I respect both. Once again I will be in a no win situation and have to root for one to lose in the SB. Their fanbases hated us as well when we had Peyton because we won all the time so I get it. Winners get the hate lmao. I would almost prefer Tom to just get #6, instead of Ben getting #3. The thought of Ben having more SB wins than Peyton makes me sick. Most people think Tom is the best ever anyway so who cares at this point. Peyton is still in the Top 5 on anyone's list which is ok with me. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats beat the Steelers to answer your question after my rambling but I hope they get upset in the SB. If Matt Ryan got redemption for last year I would be thrilled with that. He hasn't won a SB and had them beat.

That's a great point that I hadn't considered.