Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Kaepernick play a down in 2018?

lance_m8

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is some dopey coach going to bring back the read-option look again? I mean, he's not very talented - but he is athletic - so he needs the right system for him to even have a shot...given that the read-option thing was a fad that died quickly, as fads tend to do, it seems unlikely that he'll be a player...

If Colin wanted to play as badly enough as is necessary to be a great qb in this league than he would have spent less time on his social mission and lawsuits and more time showing teams his commitment to be an employee first and leader of a football team. He is out for his causes (more power to him its a free country) and himself....so I don't blame teams not willing to spend time, money, and resources to bring him in to the team just to be a platform for him to focus on those causes. No...he will not play or backup anyone. Lots of qbs over the years are out of the league and are better than a bunch of bums playing back up. A....they don't want to be backups and are unwilling to play second fiddle. B. they would be a distraction to the team and a detriment C. they have no long term future of being a franchise qb and thus teams would rather roll the dice on potential then someone who currently is better but has no chance to be the guy they are searching for. I think Colin fits all 3...he isn't so great he is going to lead a team to anything special...he also doesn't want to be a backup...and even if he was whats the point of a back up that is a huge distraction to what the team is trying to accomplish. No....just like Tebow isn't coming back.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If Colin wanted to play as badly enough as is necessary to be a great qb in this league than he would have spent less time on his social mission and lawsuits and more time showing teams his commitment to be an employee first and leader of a football team. He is out for his causes (more power to him its a free country) and himself....so I don't blame teams not willing to spend time, money, and resources to bring him in to the team just to be a platform for him to focus on those causes. No...he will not play or backup anyone. Lots of qbs over the years are out of the league and are better than a bunch of bums playing back up. A....they don't want to be backups and are unwilling to play second fiddle. B. they would be a distraction to the team and a detriment C. they have no long term future of being a franchise qb and thus teams would rather roll the dice on potential then someone who currently is better but has no chance to be the guy they are searching for. I think Colin fits all 3...he isn't so great he is going to lead a team to anything special...he also doesn't want to be a backup...and even if he was whats the point of a back up that is a huge distraction to what the team is trying to accomplish. No....just like Tebow isn't coming back.

You can not put kaep in the same boat as tebow

Tebow is a little more innocent but the 2 have similarities. Had he not ended everything he said with John 3:16 he would have atleast stayed afloat in the NFL as a backup. He genuinely thought that's what he had to do every time he opened his mouth. Alot of young Christian guys are like that when everything is clicking. It's called a "spiritual high."

In short NO. Long answer Kap filed a grievance against the NFL for Collusion (being blackballed). When him and his lawyer put this in to motion it basically means that even he has accepted that he will never play in the NFL again. He didnt have much chance before he filed the grievance, now that he has went ahead with it he will never play another down in the league again.

41 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If Colin was great,,  he would be on a roster 

If rosa parks wasn't great she wouldn't have sat in the front of the bus his actions go beyond football he gave up his life to better the lives of others I think that is the only great that matters

12 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

Do you guys think he finds a roster spot on a team and finds some play time in my opinion if he does go to a team and gets a chance that he will light it up.

12 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

Just hard to watch bums play QB while a guy that has said he is wanting to play just sits on his coach wishing he was on the field

7 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

You can not put kaep in the same boat as tebow

46 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

If rosa parks wasn't great she wouldn't have sat in the front of the bus his actions go beyond football he gave up his life to better the lives of others I think that is the only great that matters

Did you start this thread just to argue with anyone who made a comment?

If I’m Kapernick I would say screw the NFL. He doesn’t really need them.  He has turned into something much bigger than he ever would have been just playing the game thanks to the perseverance and class he has shown in the midst of the black balling. NFL has made him into a martyr and inadvertently has magnified his influence. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If I’m Kapernick I would say screw the NFL. He doesn’t really need them.  He has turned into something much bigger than he ever would have been just playing the game thanks to the perseverance and class he has shown in the midst of the black balling. NFL has made him into a martyr and inadvertently has magnified his influence. 

So the owners in the NFL are black balling a player they don't think can bring wins to their teams?

There suppose to sign a player not wanted just to please those who think he is being blacked balled?

His play had went way down in 2014 and he went 8-8. Then Harbaugh left. In 2015 he lost his starting job to Gabbert by week nine. Then went on IR. 2016 him and Gabbert sucked. The 49ers went 2-14.

He is the one who opted out of his contract. The 49ers did not even cut him.

With performances like he showed in his last two years people are getting bent because he hasn't been signed?

I seriously have my doubts about him not being signed is due to him being black balled. If there was an owner who thought his signing would bring his teams wins, he would have been signed.

The only way he gets signed is if the Carolina Panthers do end up getting bought by Diddy (or shared black owners).
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/18/sports/football/diddy-carolina-panthers-colin-kaepernick.html

Of course Cam Newton is clearly the starter, especially with Cam already being black, so I guess it's up to Kaepernick if he's cool playing 2nd fiddle.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So the owners in the NFL are black balling a player they don't think can bring wins to their teams?

There suppose to sign a player not wanted just to please those who think he is being blacked balled?

His play had went way down in 2014 and he went 8-8. Then Harbaugh left. In 2015 he lost his starting job to Gabbert by week nine. Then went on IR. 2016 him and Gabbert sucked. The 49ers went 2-14.

He is the one who opted out of his contract. The 49ers did not even cut him.

With performances like he showed in his last two years people are getting bent because he hasn't been signed?

I seriously have my doubts about him not being signed is due to him being black balled. If there was an owner who thought his signing would bring his teams wins, he would have been signed.

Kapernick’s stats the last season he played were better than a lot of scrubs currently with second and third string backup jobs.  He also has better career stats than several of them including the two guys who played QB for the Colts last year.  So just stop it. We know what it is.  Some continue to not want to face up to it.  Not signing someone due to controversy and feared fan/media backlash is one thing but there are guys in this league who have committed domestic abuse and other offenses that these owners have given second chances to.  Kap wasn’t signed by these owners not because of lack of skill...it is because of what he supposedly represents that many in white America are afraid of. Peaceful protest is all Kap is guilty of and for that he was put on a public cross.  But it doesn’t matter now because this all has been good for Kap all things considered.  His platform and base has gotten stronger thanks to the NFL owners.  That’s what happens when you turn someone into a living martyr. He knows now that his influence is even more powerful...not playing.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Kapernick’s stats the last season he played were better than a lot of scrubs currently with second and third string backup jobs.  He also has better career stats than several of them including the two guys who played QB for the Colts last year.  So just stop it. We know what it is.  Some continue to not want to face up to it.  Not signing someone due to controversy and feared fan/media backlash is one thing but there are guys in this league who have committed domestic abuse and other offenses that these owners have given second chances to.  Kap wasn’t signed by these owners not because of lack of skill...it is because of what he supposedly represents that many in white America are afraid of. Peaceful protest is all Kap is guilty of and for that he was put on a public cross.  But it doesn’t matter now because this all has been good for Kap all things considered.  His platform and base has gotten stronger thanks to the NFL owners.  That’s what happens when you turn someone into a living martyr. He knows now that his influence is even more powerful...not playing.

You don't have the right nor the authority to tell me to stop anything. I have an opinion just like you do. They just happen to be different.

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You don't have the right nor the authority to tell me to stop anything. I have an opinion just like you do. They just happen to be different.

Make comments about me arguing........................ I have an opinion too not just you

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If that were the case he wouldn't be so desperate to get back into the fold. 

I mean he's suing them saying he's being blackballed if he really didn't care about the NFL he wouldn't go through all that trouble.

Putting that aside even if he were a backup on most teams he could start considering how many QBs dropped like flies this past year.

58 minutes ago, CF4L said:

If that were the case he wouldn't be so desperate to get back into the fold. 

I mean he's suing them saying he's being blackballed if he really didn't care about the NFL he wouldn't go through all that trouble.

Putting that aside even if he were a backup on most teams he could start considering how many QBs dropped like flies this past year.

I don't know if desperate is the word.  He believes he has a case so he pursued legal ends which is his right.  Actually, the current law suit probably makes it even more unlikely that he plays in the NFL while his suit is pending so if he was desperate to get back on the field he  wouldn't have even filed it.  He has recently given several significant donations to various causes that he supports so I imagine he isn't necessarily hurting for money. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your opinion that Kap is not talented enough to play in the league is just ignorant.  All of these scrubs in backup roles across the NFL.  You lose credibility with ridiculous claims like that.  Enough said to you on this. We will agree to just disagree.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Your opinion that Kap is not talented enough to play in the league is just ignorant.  All of these scrubs in backup roles across the NFL.  You lose credibility with ridiculous claims like that.  Enough said to you on this. We will agree to just disagree.

So because I have a different opinion you call me ignorant?  I see exactly what and who you are.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So because I have a different opinion you call me ignorant?  I see exactly what and who you are.

I said your opinion was ignorant not you.  And there you go again trying to make it all personal...that's also an ignorant thing to do.  If I was the only poster on this forum that you had these type of run-in's with then I'd be worried but clearly I am not.  Go ahead you can have the last word to make you feel like the big man.  I am done responding to you in this thread because no good will come of it.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I said your opinion was ignorant not you.  And there you go again trying to make it all personal...that's also an ignorant thing to do.  If I was the only poster on this forum that you had these type of run-in's with then I'd be worried but clearly I am not.  Go ahead you can have the last word to make you feel like the big man.  I am done responding to you in this thread because no good will come of it.

A difference of opinion does not make anything ignorant. Did I insult you by calling your opinion anything but different?

By you showing your colors you have shown you have no respect for anyone's opinion but your own. Then you continue with your 'big man' nonsense. Own it, it's you.