Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Hooker finished 3rd......

PeterBowman

Hooker is part of the reason I could see the Colts taking Fitzpatrick at number three.  If they think he could be a number one corner that would give the Colts two game changers in the secondary with Hooker, a second pick in Wilson, another draft pick in Harriston, and Gethers and Farley at safety as well.  That has the potential to be one mean secondary for several years to come.  

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hooker is part of the reason I could see the Colts taking Fitzpatrick at number three.  If they think he could be a number one corner that would give the Colts two game changers in the secondary with Hooker, a second pick in Wilson, another draft pick in Harriston, and Gethers and Farley at safety as well.  That has the potential to be one mean secondary for several years to come.  

And would (should) give the DL and LBs more time to get to the QB, lessening the need for an "elite"! Pass rush which is difficult to find.

we certainly have options.

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

To be fair, if we invested heavily in having a really great secondary, that seems to be paying big dividends in the league between what it did for Seattle and what it's now doing for Jacksonville.  

I still think a modest trade down makes the most sense.  The consensus top 5 picks are QB's, Chubb and Barkley.  We can probably get a high level CB or OL in the bottom of the top 10 and pick up a couple of extra 2nd round picks on the way.  

56 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

To be fair, if we invested heavily in having a really great secondary, that seems to be paying big dividends in the league between what it did for Seattle and what it's now doing for Jacksonville. 

The problem is, no one can intentionally build a secondary which isTHAT good. Neither oline-s, etc. The realistic expectation is, that if you invest enough in a position, that will be formidable. Everything else above that needs a holy kiss from miss fortune. :)

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a stud corner for the right price. (Probably not for the 3rd overall pick).