Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to Interview McDaniels on Thursday

Steamboat_Shaun

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yes that's what's perplexing.  If it's him all he really needs to do is get Irsay's approval.  He knows who he is and what he's getting.  Maybe he isn't a candidate?  Maybe they are very good friends and he doesn't want to have to face the reality that he may have to fire him someday if it doesn't work out.  So he let's him go to another team ,say Chicago, and he chooses someone else.  He has a strong list to choose from.  

Hadn't thought of that one hum, or sometimes you have to investigate the unknown, ie the other candidates with the knowledge of what he has knows Toubs qualifications are, and someone would need to knock his socks of to change his mind.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I guess anything could happen but I don't see it happening. Even if it did and we lost MacDaniels I wouldn't be sooooo heart broken.

BB isn't leaving NE. Come on. He's going to ride into the sunset with Brady. And Josh McD, after his miserable experience in Denver, has grown up a lot. Just read the article about him, including his seeking the counsel of Tony Dungy, and his newfound humility. The Colts need an offense that will take advantage of Luck's greatness. McD can bring that. And he knows many talented asst. coaches around the league. He'll be able to attract top notch coordinators, etc. 

He's hands down the best candidate; I'm pulling for him. 

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

If Garappolo were still in New England, maybe.  

I'm guessing most sane human beings would rather come here with Luck, 80 mill. in cap space and the #3 pick than follow Bill... with no QB.

45 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I guess anything could happen but I don't see it happening. Even if it did and we lost MacDaniels I wouldn't be sooooo heart broken.

My first thought as well on what this could mean to the Colts.

Just guessing here but there does seem to be a lot of smoke with this story today - would not be surprised if this actually happens.  And the Giants is the one job that I could see him leaving for.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

BB is not coaching anywhere but NE if he leaves there he is done he's too old and won too much to care about getting another job 

And if he somehow left that prolly helps us even more why would Josh stay with a sinking team they have no backup and the QB is in his 40s they would be in the fast lane to sucking 

Do you know Belichick personally?  You may have an opinion but that don't make it fact. Too old? Horse feathers.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you know Belichick personally?  You may have an opinion but that don't make it fact. Too old? Horse feathers.

He isn't gonna want to change everything when there was already talk of him being done after Brady the idea of him leaving is stupid 

If you believe it then more power to you in not falling for any b.s. like that 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

BB is not coaching anywhere but NE if he leaves there he is done he's too old and won too much to care about getting another job 

And if he somehow left that prolly helps us even more why would Josh stay with a sinking team they have no backup and the QB is in his 40s they would be in the fast lane to sucking 

Not a lot of deep thought here.

As for him not wanting another job - you don't think it is at least possible an accomplished person could seek out another challenge?

Not sure his age means a whole heckuva lot.  He very likely thinks he is not too old for anything.

Would be a big jump, but if the rumors and articles are true than it seems he is trying to mend some fences, and maybe trying to build some relationships both for his legacy and maybe to help give his sons some more career opportunities. Especially if he thinks Brady messed up his plans in NE. 

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

Not a lot of deep thought here.

As for him not wanting another job - you don't think it is at least possible an accomplished person could seek out another challenge?

Not sure his age means a whole heckuva lot.  He very likely thinks he is not too old for anything.

I hope he goes I honestly do but I don't see it. I'd love nothing more then for the patriots to suck once again. Take away all their back up QB plans and BB and they will crumble and I will laugh. Like I said I think Josh would still want to come here too instead of sink with the pats.

8 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

No.....it's because when he was head coach before he was horrible, very horrible at it and we don't want that

Maybe you others think he's a "big meany" and not nice enough to be in Indy.

Btw he must not suck too much he's prolly the most wanted coach the past few seasons so I'll go with what the pros think not everyone on here.

The hate for JM is a bit much here. 

He was young and had...not great options at QB back in the day. All reports indicate he has grown up and done quite a bit of maturing since those days. Just because he wasn’t great once doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be now. Pete Carroll wasn’t a great coach his first time in the NFL. That’s why he went back to college and became better. Aside from some stupid calls that all coaches make at some point in their careers, he’s been good. 

I would be anxious and excited to see what he could do with our team and offense given the right moves in FA and the draft. 

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Maybe you others think he's a "big meany" and not nice enough to be in Indy.

Btw he must not suck too much he's prolly the most wanted coach the past few seasons so I'll go with what the pros think not everyone on here.

I don't care if he's mean or whatever....he was wanted back then too and he had a head coaching job and he was trash at it ya'll stuck on the success the patriots has had with their system but it doesn't mean it will work here indy

I think the easiest statement to make in regard to McDaniels and his ability to coach is this:

In Denver where he was briefly the HC he was a turd, they now say he's more polished.

Some will understand the humor of this statement, some will not......

12 hours ago, Hoose said:

BB isn't leaving NE. Come on. He's going to ride into the sunset with Brady. And Josh McD, after his miserable experience in Denver, has grown up a lot. Just read the article about him, including his seeking the counsel of Tony Dungy, and his newfound humility. The Colts need an offense that will take advantage of Luck's greatness. McD can bring that. And he knows many talented asst. coaches around the league. He'll be able to attract top notch coordinators, etc. 

He's hands down the best candidate; I'm pulling for him. 

I'm not so sure he would either, however if he truly wishes to coach for a longer period of time than anyone might expect, then leaving for the Giants now would make a lot of sense considering they have a shot at a future franchise QB this year, whereas NE might not have that future as they traded away what Bill might have thought would've kept NE relevant when Brady was gone. Stranger things have happened.

11 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm not so sure he would either, however if he truly wishes to coach for a longer period of time than anyone might expect, then leaving for the Giants now would make a lot of sense considering they have a shot at a future franchise QB this year, whereas NE might not have that future as they traded away what Bill might have thought would've kept NE relevant when Brady was gone. Stranger things have happened.

The security and low key environment of the Midwest for his family might outweigh the constant scrutiny he is bound to get in the NY market, IMO. Money goes a long way here and the fact that he might be in a more winnable division with Luck might play into it too. I don't think his value is going to be any higher than what it is, right now, outside the fact that he's given an assurance by Kraft that he would succeed Belichick, I am sure he is conscious of that too.

19 hours ago, #12. said:

In Denver, he tried to be Belichick, Parcells and Bob Knight before he had the resume.  From what I've read, he seems to have grown up and realizes he needs to adopt a different attitude in the year 2018.

I don't want him, and I am hoping that we do not hire him. My opinion. You can have yours. 

19 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't think it matters who's coming in, he's going to rub someone the wrong way, whether it be fans, certain players, etc, it's unavoidable. No coach is going to please everybody, until wins start to accumulate. That's really the only thing everyone can agree on, and even then, some people will take issue.

There are definitely levels to what you're saying, but in my opinion, this cat is all wrong for us. 

19 hours ago, CR91 said:

What is the personality of a colts hc?

I can tell you what I don't want it to be, and that is Josh McDaniels. 

In my opinion, if we hire him then we have completed the cycle to ruin Andrew Luck. It is a pretty hard to completely trash a generation QB, but so far we are batting 1000 at it. 

Everyone wants to keep focusing on McDaniel's failures in Denver... All I can say is that when I started my professional career, I sucked too. You learn from past experiences and get better. 

I know there are a lot of people here who have never experienced failure. 

i wonder how much truth there is to the brady, kraft and BB rumors.  they could be losing both coordinators too, that might be just enough to make him think about the giants 

the giants could be really interesting if they land BB and take a chance on barkley in the draft.  they could try to win now, rather than draft a QB for the future

38 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I can tell you what I don't want it to be, and that is Josh McDaniels. 

In my opinion, if we hire him then we have completed the cycle to ruin Andrew Luck. It is a pretty hard to completely trash a generation QB, but so far we are batting 1000 at it. 

so in other words you have no idea. could have just said that and saved yourself some keys

55 minutes ago, CR91 said:

so in other words you have no idea. could have just said that and saved yourself some keys

My idea, is my opinion on the matter. Just as your opinion is. 

That is what this board is for. Fans come here to have an opinion. 

My opinion is that I do not want Josh McDaniels to become our head coach. Your opinion may differ.

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

My idea, is my opinion on the matter. Just as your opinion is. 

That is what this board is for. Fans come here to have an opinion. 

My opinion is that I do not want Josh McDaniels to become our head coach. Your opinion may differ.

and that is fine. say that instead of some bogus excuse.

45 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I’m trying to keep an open mind about him but it’s hard to believe  that he is anything more than an ok coordinator that rides the coat tails of Brady and B.B. 

brady is 40 and hes won with 4 other QBs 

Just now, CR91 said:

and that is fine. say that instead of some bogus excuse.

Bogus excuse?

You didn't like my answer, so you had a problem with it. That is a YOU issue, Not a ME issue. 

I am walking away from you now. Have a good day. :)