Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams of the future

runthepost

Alright what teams out of these list of teams do you think will have the best success in the next 5 years. Not including the COLTS.

Rams - highest scoring offense. Young team with a great nucleus.

Jags- Excellent defense with duo corners and great d line and a tank at running back :tvsmash: but they have trash at qb

Eagles- Young QB but overall a great team. Could be cowboys 2.0? With early success then second season decline? Probably not the case but...

Texans- Watson 21 TDS in 7 games. Explosive offense and a good Defense when healthy. Plus they have Watt

Raiders- Still need a defense and some better coaches. Still have Carr, Mack, and cooper and some good o lineman 

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Sadly Tom won’t retire till Andrew does. How many years has it been since we beat them?

yupp... its been 8 years 2009 4th and 2 game.

but tommy and bill will be there for the next 5 years, so they are the team of the future. heck they've had a 1st round bye 8 straight years. 

Lol Brady is going to hit the age wall soon, IMO 3 years max is the window they have left.

AFC

Jags- A very young defense that should be top 5 for years to come

Raiders- Had a down year but no denying the young talent on this team, Cooper, Mack, Carr.

Texans- Deshaun Watson looks like he is going to light the league on fire.

Titans- Mariota, that defense and power running game.

*I personally think the AFC South including the Colts are going to be the best division in the league for a while.

NFC

Eagles- Carson Wentz is the real deal good all around team.

Rams- Jarred Goff and Todd Gurley a long with that Defense.

49ers- Garrapollo, 5 straight wins and the best team in the league weeks 12-17 to finish the year.

Vikings- Look at what they are doing with Case Keenum, imagine if they inherited a Franchise starter.

2 hours ago, runthepost said:

Jags- Excellent defense with duo corners and great d line and a tank at running back :tvsmash: but they have trash at qb

If the Jags are listed, so should the Vikings. Like the Jags, the Vikes have a top defense (#1 scoring defense and has by far the best opponents' third down conversion rate). Dalvin Cook is probably on the same level as Fournette. He was playing great before he got hurt. Both teams can improve their QB play but I prefer the Vikings QB situation. Vikings went 13-3 with their 3rd QB (Bradford, Bridgewater, then Keenum) and backup RBs. 

Hate to be a homer but I think the Vikes belong among the those young teams you listed. :thmup:

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Lol Brady is going to hit the age wall soon, IMO 3 years max is the window they have left.

AFC

Raiders- Had a down year but no denying the young talent on this team, Cooper, Mack, Carr.

*I personally think the AFC South including the Colts are going to be the best division in the league for a while.

NFC

49ers- Garrapollo, 5 straight wins and the best team in the league weeks 12-17 to finish the year.

Vikings- Look at what they are doing with Case Keenum, imagine if they inherited a Franchise starter.

Believe it or not IMO the Vikings have found their future starter in Keenum.

In 14 games started he threw for 3547 yards, 22 TDs, 7 picks, QB rating of 98.3. He also rushed for 160 yards with 1 TD.  Those are starter numbers.

18 hours ago, runthepost said:

Alright what teams out of these list of teams do you think will have the best success in the next 5 years. Not including the COLTS.

Eagles- Young QB but overall a great team. Could be cowboys 2.0? With early success then second season decline? Probably not the case but...

Texans- Watson 21 TDS in 7 games. Explosive offense and a good Defense when healthy. Plus they have Watt

Raiders- Still need a defense and some better coaches. Still have Carr, Mack, and cooper and some good o lineman 

With Watt's injury I think he's going to be looked at as a player who's usually injured anymore.  

But Watson looked like an elite QB while he was healthy.  So I'm curious to see how it continues.  I don't think he can continue at that same pace though.  I think something will bring him back down to earth.  He looks like a promising franchise QB regardless, but I don't think he'll be able to put up the offensive pace that he was this season.

I agree on the Jags, they look like the new Legion of boom.  

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:15 AM, Nesjan3 said:

AFC

NFC

49ers are a really good shout. 

If Lynch drafts to Shanahan's requirements and Jimmy G stays healthy, that offense could be scary good for a long time.

On 2018. 01. 02. at 12:59 AM, runthepost said:

Jags- Excellent defense with duo corners and great d line and a tank at running back

Every time a question like this 's been raised, I remind me to remember what was the question and what were the answers one year before. Last year, the very same question was asked about the Raiders, Titans, the Bucs, etc, and the answers were probably overly positive about most of them.

Then, we all witnessed history.

So, who knows? My gut feeling is that McVay has done a terrific job in LA so far. They found their golden fish. But, on the other hand, he's only been an OC in a HC seat so far. He gave that defense to Son of Bum, and only cared about the offense. Which we already knew he is good at. But as a HC, his job just will start now. He'll have to deal with mistakes, personnel issues, controversies, etc. Let's see how he'll deal with them. Remember Chip Kelly looked like a golden fist too in his first year. Then, he became a cancer very soon. So as much as it can continue like this, it still easily can go south as well.

Regarding the Jags and the Texans, they are, in my mind, the everything or nothing teams. IF Watson is indeed the guy who they hope he is, then the Texans is a team to watch. IF the Jags can somehow acquire Cousins (or even Alex Smith), or draft a decent young QB, then they will be a team to watch. But if NOT? Even historical defenses didn't last longer than 2-3 years. So there's no way the Jags defense will be as good next year as they were this year. And then comes mediocricy at best.

I like what I saw from the Eagles. But again, only 1 season so far. Chip Kelly had a very good year with the very same team, then blew up the whole thing.

All in all, this league is all about finding your franchise quarterback. So no matter how bad is a team now, no matter who is coaching that team now, that team will always have a chance to get on top again. Even in one offseason. But those teams, who doesn't have their QB, can only hope so much.... and wait for next years draft again, and again.

Teams that are not only young but not as dependent upon a QB as we are(unfortunately that is how it is for us at this point) are going to be good for a long time.

Rankings:

1.Vikings

2.Rams

3.Jags

Analysis:

The Vikings have a Super Bowl contending team that is young surrounding a competent QB in Case Keenum. The same goes for the Rams and Jags. One honorable mention is the Eagles but they are obviously not a SB team w/out Wentz so he has to stay healthy. The Jags I believe have the most upside because Blake Bortles will most likely be replaced with a better QB this offseason.

1 hour ago, DraftMaster said:

Teams that are not only young but not as dependent upon a QB as we are(unfortunately that is how it is for us at this point) are going to be good for a long time.

Rankings:

1.Vikings

2.Rams

3.Jags

Analysis:

The Vikings have a Super Bowl contending team that is young surrounding a competent QB in Case Keenum. The same goes for the Rams and Jags. One honorable mention is the Eagles but they are obviously not a SB team w/out Wentz so he has to stay healthy. The Jags I believe have the most upside because Blake Bortles will most likely be replaced with a better QB this offseason.

We trade Luck for Bortles and a pick :sarcasm:.  Other news trade our 1st and Curtis painter jersey for the jags defense

On 1/3/2018 at 8:00 AM, DaveA1102 said:

49ers are a really good shout. 

If Lynch drafts to Shanahan's requirements and Jimmy G stays healthy, that offense could be scary good for a long time.

Yep... and with 115m in cap space and the #9 or #10 overall pick it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they snag a playoff spot next year.

I'd like to say the Browns too.  I mean the only way for them to go from here has to be up.  The Titans are playing great at the right time and have all the pieces.  Naturally the Jags, especially since the Steelers are about to play them again after having lost to them already.  Actually they always play "us" hard, but that defense looks very real.  I'd also add Miami to that list.

14 minutes ago, stlrsfan said:

I'd like to say the Browns too.  I mean the only way for them to go from here has to be up.  The Titans are playing great at the right time and have all the pieces.  Naturally the Jags, especially since the Steelers are about to play them again after having lost to them already.  Actually they always play "us" hard, but that defense looks very real.  I'd also add Miami to that list.

I think Jags could be contenders if they get an actual QB. Someone like Cousins or draft someone. 

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

I think Jags could be contenders if they get an actual QB. Someone like Cousins or draft someone. 

I'll have to see Bortles this Sunday.  The first game the Steelers lost that D was amazing and he wasn't key.  I'm giving him a pass on that Bills game because I think he's better than that.  The Steelers will be a true test because we have the ability to make the most mediocre QB look like the second coming of Montana.  Maybe he's all they need, we'll see.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

But they haven't fixed the QB 'problem' and they don't seem to want to change...

The overall team they have now isn't really very good

The top D in the league isn't very good lol your drunk. they will be upgrading the QB spot this off season they know they will be great with better QB play

34 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The top D in the league isn't very good lol your drunk. they will be upgrading the QB spot this off season they know they will be great with better QB play

Houston and SF and the Colts don't have to 'upgrade' their QB situation..

Jacksonville doenst have a QB...long term.

They could have upgraded the QB situation the last 2 years and they didn't...

Maybe they're going with Bortles.  They have so far

Jacksonville is not a team of the future because they don't have a QB long term

"they don't 'know they will be great with better QB play' They don't have 'better QB play'

That's just the way it is.

Edited by oldunclemark

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Houston and SF and the Colts don't have to 'upgrade' their QB situation..

Jacksonville doenst have a QB...long term.

They could have upgraded the QB situation the last 2 years and they didn't...

Maybe they're going with Bortles.  They have so far

Jacksonville is not a team of the future because they don't have a QB long term

"they don't 'know they will be great with better QB play' They don't have 'better QB play'

That's just the way it is.

Well I know it's gonna break your little heart when they continue to be good coughlin knows what he's doing that's why they are in the playoffs 

10 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well I know it's gonna break your little heart when they continue to be good coughlin knows what he's doing that's why they are in the playoffs 

And maybe one day you'll read the title of the thread

"Teams of the Future'

I don't want Blake Bortles future' and that's Jacksonville's future right now

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

And maybe one day you'll read the title of the thread

"Teams of the Future'

I don't want Blake Bortles future' and that's Jacksonville's future right now

And everyone knows they are a team of the future except you for some reason