LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

Happy New Year, Colts fans!  :)  But not as entirelyhappy for our loyal and devoted Indianapolis Colts  fans, to start  2018 before New Year's Eve, especially here on the Colts Fan Friendly Forum, as our 3-12 Indianapolis Colts will try to conclude their 2017 NFL Season by winning their fourth game with the visiting, and 4-11  Houston Texans.

Both the Colts and Texans have suffered injuries to their starting and veteran players, throughout the 2017 NFL season, and reflects on both teams records. As examples, the Texans lost star players J.J. Watt and rookie QB DeShaun Watson, at the time was on his way to earning NFL Offensive Rookie Of the Year accolades. Colts suffered more players to injured reserve, notably Andrew Luck. Luck spent this season rehabilitating in Europe, and he indicates he should and be ready physically to play be training camp.

With a win, Colts could finish 2017 with a 4-12 record, last accomplishing during their 1993 NFL season.  However, a Colts loss would also finish Indianapolis as they have achieved  in consecutive seasons in both 1997 and 1998, before the Colts drafted Peyton Manning, with consecutive 3-13 records.

If there is any added incentive in this afternoon's season finale, the Colts by far have the best winning percentage over the Texans over any NFL opponent entering today with a 24 win, and 7 loss record, a winning percentage  of .774, and in today's 32nd regular season meeting.  

Indianapolis also defeated Houston to end their three-game losing streak in their last meeting played at NRG Stadium.  Jacoby Brisset threw to touchdowns passes,  from 45 yards and 80 yards, to T.Y. Hilton, and Adam Vinitieri also added his two field goals from 22 and 53 yards, plaus his 2 PAT's to help the Colts defeat the Texans back on November 5.

Just a temporary setback for our Colts team, and the Colts will try on a clean slate in 2018, to see both return of Andrew Luck and their level of excellence and talent to return to the NFL Playoffs  for the first time since January 2014.

Thanks for entertaining us, try to win one more game in front of your fans at LOS, and GO COLTS!!!!!    :rock:    :cheer:    :coltslogo:  :1colts:    :colts:    :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:    :cheer: .:D

• Like 4

Thanks LOS :)  Hard to believe this is the last regular season game, this season sure went by fast.  Hoping for a good game today and most importantly, no injuries !!!

Happy New Year to you all !!!

• Like 1

Thanks again, LOS for opening the thread - the last one of the season.  Hoping for a good game from our kids.

Win or lose we should be setting ourselves up for a good draft position.  Much to look forward to in the new year.

Happy New Year my Colts family!

• Like 1

Thanks LOS, last game of the season. Chucks farewell, Luck is on the sideline, we are picking 3rd at worse no matter what. Should be fun so lets get a win. After today no more Colts Football until September so enjoy folks. Next season will be much better, we will have our QB back and a much better team after the Draft with a new Coach.

-This might be Frank Gore's last game too! Just enjoy everyone, Go Colts!

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks LOS, last game of the season. Chucks farewell, Luck is on the sideline, we are picking 3rd at worse no matter what. Should be fun so lets get a win. After today no more Colts Football until September so enjoy folks. Next season will be much better, we will have our QB back and a much better team after the Draft with a new Coach.

-This might be Frank Gore's last game too! Just enjoy everyone, Go Colts!

ALuck on the sidelines=Colts win, haha.

Refs playing a little loose? Should have been PI. Still catchable IMO but oh well.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

And we continue to make 3rd string QB's look like HOF candidates.

Absolutely no push from the DL.  Yates has all day to throw.  Nice hit by Basham, though.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

NY Giants lead 6-0, and picked off Cousins.  2nd and 7 from Redskins 16...

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Touchdown NY Giants!  Could be 13 - 0 here...

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Giants are up  12-0. Could we move to #2??

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

nope, 12 - 0.  2 pt. conversion failed.

Weren't they leading by double digits last week too?! Got a long way to go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We're on our way, haha.

down by 3 with the ball and you think we are on our way? 

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We're on our way, haha.

Lol I'm hoping for 2 but I'm not gonna get myself too excited I know the giants have fooled me a lot this year lol plus wouldn't count on chuck screwing it up on his way out the door haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Gore gets boatload of carries.

which will probably get him to 100 yards on the day.  Hoping for more, but the Texans know we only have 2 running plays, lol.

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

which will probably get him to 100 yards on the day.  Hoping for more, but the Texans know we only have 2 running plays, lol.

Gore or Gore? :-)

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Another quality job by Castonzo.......sorry not a fan.

Can't blame that on on AC.  He took Clowney outside, but JB held the ball and...well, you see what happened.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Weren't they leading by double digits last week too?! Got a long way to go. 

EXACTLY!! LOL

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

down by 3 with the ball and you think we are on our way? 

Well, we're behind and our second half history gives me confidence we'll lose.