Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Offseason Mock 1.0

Going to go over what I think the Colts should do with their upcoming free agents, free agency, and the draft.

Not a cap guru, don't expect perfection

Colts Free Agents:

Vinatieri 2 years 4.5m

Mingo 2 years 4m

Melvin 2 years 6m

Desir 1 year 1.4m

Michael Person 1 year 760k

2018 Free Agency: 

I believe we are slated to have 90m or around that number (could be wrong)

With the re-signings we'd be at around 83ish million

Josh Gordon WR 2 years 13m - Guy still has tremendous talent and can ball. Huge upgrade over Moncrief. 

Jarvis Landry WR 4 years 44m - Landry is a fantastic WR and with Gordon and Hilton, this trio would be outstanding with Andrew.

Tyler Eifert TE 2 years  15 m - I think he's one of the best TEs in the game when healthy, and if he was available I think Ballard should jump on it. The receiving corps would consist of: Eifert, Doyle, Gordon, Hilton, Landry, and Rogers.

Justin Pugh OG 3 years 18m - We can slot him in with Kelly/Castonzo. Big upgrade for Luck

DeMarcus Lawrence/Ezekiel Ansah 3 years 31m - Either of these guys can help our pass rush tremendously and defense overall. 

Demario Davis  ILB 2 years 7m - Better than any ILB we have currently. Could be solid

Bashaud Breeland CB 1 year 2m - Depth signing

There's a few big names here, which may seem unrealistic, but we have the $ to do it.

2018 NFL Draft: 

Trade back with Cincinnati for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks

Haven't paid enough attention to college players yet, some picks may be reaches, etc

R1: Bradley Chubb DE 

R2: Bryce Love/Derrius Guice RB 

R2: Malik Jefferson ILB

R3: Braden Smith OG/OT

R3: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo OLB

R4: Mike Hughes CB

R5: David Bright OT 

R6: John Atkins DT

R7: Devonte Boyd WR

Thoughts? I know it's early and this is really just a rough first draft.

Yeah, the free agent salaries just aren't realistic. Too much money and too few quality FAs equals a player's market. And for the record, if the Colts trade down from the #2 or #3 slot, they won't  get a shot at Chubb. As of now, you have to assume he would go #3 to some team. I'd like it to be the Colts. 

20 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

I prefer Norwell over Pugh in free agency.

I'll be fine with any one of them. I think both are going to sign really big deals, no matter where they end up.

Lots of teams in need of quality O-line players.

At least we have the cap space to go after one of them.

And for once we have a chance to pick early in the draft. Looking forward to seeing some elite talent coming to Indy,

I would love us to focus on some Defense in Free Agency....

1.  Ansah from Detroit, Okafor from NO, or Possibly Clayborn from Atlanta

2.  Z. Brown from Washington, Avery Williamson from Ten, or Demario Davis from NYJ

3.  Trumaine Johnson from LA Rams, or Malcolm Butler from NE

4. Lamarcus Joyner from LA for backup safety help (So we can get rid of TJ Green)

Resign  Desir,  Rashaan Melvin, Mewhort (If he checks out OK) big if I know, and Gore if we can on the cheap for 1 more year just to have a solid steady presence on the team...Maybe one more Go around if we get Luck back healthy.

On Offense I would see if we can sign

1 Norwell or Pugh

2.  Landry or Robinson from Jax

3.  Paul Richardson from SEA or Davante Adams if Landry or Robinson aren't available.

4.  See if you can get either Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill fairly cheap if can't resign Gore.

Then in the Draft....if we can't trade the 3rd pick back for more picks I would take either

1.  Nelson (and hopefully sign one of the above as the other guard)

2.  Take Barkley if he's available although Penn St. Running backs scare me...

3.  In second round if you don't take Barkley I would take a long look at Rashaad Penny from SD State..Guy is a stud with speed and size  (5'11 220)

4  Third Round if he's available I would go after Will Hernandez of UTEP if he's available...Massive guard who PFF graded as highest grades for both pass and run blocking guards in College football this year.

5.  Last 4 rounds take best player available or focus on Defense.