Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-3) at Pittsburgh (12-17-17)

oldunclemark

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff Jules. You are one of the best Posters here and my friend and I respect your honesty on an open forum. See you need to get into Baseball like your BF lmao . I love Baseball too. RedSox fans are like Cubs fans very loyal. Anymore to be honest, I love Baseball more than Football but the Cubs are Great right now. I love Football/Basketball/Baseball about the same in reality.

Baseball is very tough for me to get into, I try........and then I had to go through a few weeks of agony with him when the Red Sox lost to the Astros and the Yankees upset the Indians then went to 7 against the Astros. And then I had to hear about this new hot shot the Yankees just picked up. I spent years hearing about Jeter and A Rod to the point I want to go insane.

It's a sickness here though in New England with the Red Sox. Year after after year after year of nothing but the Red Sox. And most of the time they flop.:facepalm:

I had met my guy actually since he worked with my first cousins husband. And my cousin's husband had a picture of me and my cousin on his phone and he showed my boyfriend and said we should meet. And in this pic I have a Colts scarf on. And somehow my being a Colts fan became the topic of the office. lmaolmaolmao 

Sadly we are no good anymore (the Colts) so now I get almost sad and sympathetic looks from people out here when it comes to the NFL. :lol: I get asked about Luck a lot too and how he is doing.

I really don't think male sports fans bug females though as much. Most stories I have heard involve males vs. males.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m pretty jaded in professional sports...I love college basketball the most though....and so happy IU got that big win this weekend...they really need to turn the corner and get back to relevance....my favorite memories outside 2006 are all IU b-ball in the 80s and early 90s

Problem is we were beyond spoiled in the Peyton days. From 2003-2009 we were 89-23 and went to 2 SB's and won it all in 2006. I mean in that 7 year span if we lost it was stunning and people would mope in disbelief on Monday. I have been a Cubs fan since around 1984 the year they won the NL Central. They were always on WGN when I was a kid. Now they are Great and just won the WS so I have been into Baseball bigtime again for a couple years now. Luck provided us with 3 exciting seasons and he was Very Good to Great in 2014 but until he comes back, we will not be the same.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m pretty jaded in professional sports...I love college basketball the most though....and so happy IU got that big win this weekend...they really need to turn the corner and get back to relevance....my favorite memories outside 2006 are all IU b-ball in the 80s and early 90s

I love college basketball too. I have to get into that again for this year.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Steelers lost a couple secondary guys and now Shazier....that defense isn’t the same...and may have lost Brown for the season too. No way Sam plays unless there are injuries...I like Minnesota I do....I think Carolina might be the best team to beat NE now because of Cam being the X factor and shredding that defense on th ground and they have a decent defense. That said I’d probably root for NE because I’m not a fan of anyone on that team.

Root for the Vikings. We have a bunch of good guys. We have a QB and a WR who were not drafted in Keenum and Thielen. Our defense is top five. I know Colts fans like Xavier Rhodes. Just root for us. :)

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff Jules. You are one of the best Posters here and my friend and I respect your honesty on an open forum. See you need to get into Baseball like your BF lmao . I love Baseball too. RedSox fans are like Cubs fans very loyal. Anymore to be honest, I love Baseball more than Football but the Cubs are Great right now. I love Football/Basketball/Baseball about the same in reality.

BTW when the Celtics had the 16 game win streak........it was like Christmas for us with that. lmao I got so into it. Just can't get into another teams win streak this year but that one for some reason.

And I still have some small SMALL hope Gordon Hayward returns this year, he said he is open to it now and is out of the boot rehabbing so well. It was a clean break with his injury so it healed okay. But I would not rush it either.

But if he don't return, it's fine. But for him I want it. Not just for the playoffs but for him to have a home game in Boston this year with the crowd. He deserves that moment of return sometime.......

Just now, NFLfan said:

Root for the Vikings. We have a bunch of good guys. We have a QB and a WR who were not drafted. I know Colts fans like Xavier Rhodes. Just root for us. :)

Except I don't trust whoever's QBing the Vikings to beat the Patriots, and I'm sure their defense will fold up and disintegrate when they see the Patriots.

Only reason I pull for the Vikings is for Paul Allen the radio announcer. Can't wait for the Comcast Bengals/Vikings highlights (where they use the home team's radio announcers for the plays) to appear so I can listen to Paul Allen get fired up the entire game.

It may seem harsh at times, but in the NFL, if you want to be given credit for possession of a completed pass one must maintain control of the ball if he is going to the ground, even on his own accord.  As the ball rolled in his hands as he hit the ground the refs determined that the ground caused the roll that the tight end could not prevent, therefore no completion

12 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Cam, Russel, Rodgers.. basically teams that don't relay on timing.. guys that make it up as you go. 

I knew the Packers had a big challenge today in Carolina, that totally sucked though. Rodgers was off at times and threw some picks. But the GB defense is not good enough either this year.

Cam......well he did tear up the Pats earlier this year but it's tough to beat the Pats twice in a season, sigh.

It's just like well.........go Jags!!!!!!!! lmao 

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

BTW when the Celtics had the 16 game win streak........it was like Christmas for us with that. lmao I got so into it. Just can't get into another teams win streak this year but that one for some reason.

And I still have some small SMALL hope Gordon Hayward returns this year, he said he is open to it now and is out of the boot rehabbing so well. It was a clean break with his injury so it healed okay. But I would not rush it either.

But if he don't return, it's fine. But for him I want it. Not just for the playoffs but for him to have a home game in Boston this year with the crowd. He deserves that moment of return sometime.......

Would love to see Hayward return, man that would be a big boost for Boston.

2 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

It may seem harsh at times, but in the NFL, if you want to be given credit for possession of a completed pass one must maintain control of the ball if he is going to the ground, even on his own accord.  As the ball rolled in his hands as he hit the ground the refs determined that the ground caused the roll that the tight end could not prevent, therefore no completion

It was the right call I agree.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

All the calls seem to go the Pats way. After a while, you become suspicious and start questioning the integrity of the game. Do you recall that Detroit-Dallas game a few years ago. All the calls seemed to go against Detroit. 

I did not think Tom Brady looked good today. Many of his passes were off.

Tom looked fine from what I saw...he looked tons better than last week....but that’s because Pitts never gets pressure on Tom. I don’t know about all the calls going NE way....but NE is always in position to make the most of a favorable play.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Would love to see Hayward return, man that would be a big boost for Boston.

Cavs might be too loaded this year and the Celtics dearly do need another scorer or two. Since Hayward got hurt in the first game of the season, I think it is slightly possible by April he could be ready? But time will tell......

But if say Hayward did return later this year......how do you use him? Do you want him to be a starter but split time with someone else or do you even want to just use him as a Kyle Korver shooting type coming off the bench to lead the second unit?

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Root for the Vikings. We have a bunch of good guys. We have a QB and a WR who were not drafted in Keenum and Thielen. Our defense is top five. I know Colts fans like Xavier Rhodes. Just root for us. :)

Will do...you are the most likable team in the playoffs outside the Chargers if they make it for me.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was the right call I agree.

Yes and nearly all plays are called the same way, it just come down to if the movement was something in the control of the receiver.  For me I am not against requiring the players to earn a reception.  Especially given all the benefits to offenses now a days

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Cavs might be too loaded this year and the Celtics dearly do need another scorer or two. Since Hayward got hurt in the first game of the season, I think it is slightly possible by April he could be ready? But time will tell......

But if say Hayward did return later this year......how do you use him? Do you want him to be a starter but split time with someone else or do you even want to just use him as a Kyle Korver shooting type coming off the bench to lead the second unit?

I didn’t realize he could be back that soon. If that is the case I think you bring him off the bench. You don’t ruin the chemistry of the team. He is a great shooter and can help take some load off Kyrie so he can sit a few minutes.

1 minute ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes and nearly all plays are called the same way, it just come down to if the movement was something in the control of the receiver.  For me I am not against requiring the players to earn a reception.  Especially given all the benefits to offenses now a days

I honestly see no way you guys don't win it again unless Tommy gets injured. One of the best dynasties ever not much more to be said. We had our time too from 2003-2009 but only got 1 Ring. Hey 1 is better than none, ask the Bills of the 90's, ask Danny Marino.

8 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

But I didn’t see anywhere near enough to say he didn’t have control. The ball can move and did but there was nothing in any of the replays I saw that showed irrefutable proof to the contrary.

And yes, NE does get the benefit of these calls, as does Pitt. Why? It’s a good storyline.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think he starts if he comes back. He is a better all-around player than Korver. The Jazz were Very Good last year with he, and Hill and Gobert. I loved it when they took the ClipperSterns out.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am, I want Vikes and Chiefs

Vikes and Chargers. Chiefs would not be bad. I think the Vikes would beat the Chiefs. I saw the Chiefs lose to the Giants at Met Life Stadium. 

Bills would be a nice story too.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I didn’t realize he could be back that soon. If that is the case I think you bring him off the bench. You don’t ruin the chemistry of the team. He is a great shooter and can help take some load off Kyrie so he can sit a few minutes.

It's speculation at this point. Hayward says he is open to return now later and Ainge says it's up to Hayward and it's too soon to tell.

But still too soon. 

But this is him now from this past week:

hayward-no-boot.jpg?quality=100&w=650

He's walking without a boot and is working out 4 to 5 hours a day and can soon travel with the team.

Huge difference though between walking around and being able to handle Lebron James falling on you though. lmao 

47 minutes ago, Jules said:

I have lived in New England (Mass or NH)  since I was a kid when we moved from Indiana. I always kept this a secret from the forums but it's true. lmao I rarely get to Indy anymore.

Whoa, I’ll say that’s a well kept secret! Lol... like 13 years? Trying to remember when that first board was around. You’re like a Colts sleeper cell right here in the homeland! ;-)

Anyway...

That was a pretty crazy ending, and when the refs were taking forever to review it, I personally thought one angle showed his left hand coming off the ball as he hit the ground. The ball moved. I agree it’s a sucky rule but I think this would’ve gone the same way if it had been a Pats TD. Kind of crazy how with a runner the TD happens the moment the ball crosses he plane, but that doesn’t apply for a receiver coming down with it. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly see no way you guys don't win it again unless Tommy gets injured. One of the best dynasties ever not much more to be said. We had our time too from 2003-2009 but only got 1 Ring. Hey 1 is better than none, ask the Bills of the 90's, ask Danny Marino.

I think they just need Gronk to stay healthy, thats it. I mean it's kinda ridiculous how much that big lug means to them.

Jesus this is frustrating at times.

And yes I probably will still watch somewhat but I am just getting tired of so many sucky suck teams sucking it up.

And INJURIES, just stop already. Stop.........

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Vikes and Chargers. Chiefs would not be bad. I think the Vikes would beat the Chiefs. I saw the Chiefs lose to the Giants at Met Life Stadium. 

Bills would be a nice story too.

After last night, Chargers wont pass Chiefs though. I like Rivers but my guy Kareem Hunt is gearing up for the Playoffs.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Will do...you are the most likable team in the playoffs outside the Chargers if they make it for me.

Btw, what do you think of the Saints and the Rams? We beat both pretty handily but they both scare me. The Panthers don't scare me although we lost to them.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope so, but if we play like we did the last two weeks, it is going to be a long Jan.  We still need to beat buff and jets as Pitt should win out.  Pats gonna get back on track or could very well be a short January

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

Whoa, I’ll say that’s a well kept secret! Lol... like 13 years? Trying to remember when that first board was around. You’re like a Colts sleeper cell right here in the homeland! ;-)

Anyway...

That was a pretty crazy ending, and when the refs were taking forever to review it, I personally thought one angle showed his left hand coming off the ball as he hit the ground. The ball moved. I agree it’s a sucky rule but I think this would’ve gone the same way if it had been a Pats TD. Kind of crazy how with a runner the TD happens the moment the ball crosses he plane, but that doesn’t apply for a receiver coming down with it. 

I think I told a few on the old Indystar forums when those were around but it didn't catch on since in those days that forum was a mad house of activity or they didn't care. lmao 

Yeah I am a Colts sleeper cell. lmao But I never honestly had many issues with Pats fans, for real. Most have been fine to me for the most part and most I know do respect Peyton Manning.......it's an internet thing at times with the hardcore fanboys and trolls on this crap.

I scream and yell at the Pats stuff a lot but then again most here are used to me doing it.

I had a blast though going to Foxboro for Colts/Pats in 2006, that regular season game. So much fun. I saw some guys with signs saying "cut that meat" with Rodney Harrison nailing Peyton but hey those days were a blast with this stuff. 

The hilarious thing is in my 20's I was in a serious relationship with a Giants fan from CT who had an odd way of jumping between Giants/Pats depending on who won more.:scratch: Needless to say, glad that relationship ended. He once even told me "real men wear Corey Dillon jerseys.":dunno: And he was from a Giants family but got into the Pats when they won more. He was a Yankees fan too and once gave me a long long lecture on why everyone NEEDS to respect and admire Derek Jeter. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saints are dangerous, I have been saying it all season. Brees has been one of the best QB's over the last 2 decades.

Do you think the Saints have to rely more on the run this year though? Since if they do then the Pats will gear up to shut down the run IMO and dare Brees to beat them in the air with lackluster weapons.

Defensively the Saints seem to get a few turnovers a game or depend on it like in 2009. But their pass rush is really very bad for the most part.

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think they just need Gronk to stay healthy, thats it. I mean it's kinda ridiculous how much that big lug means to them.

This exactly, and Edelman. At least their injured players get to come back.. Andrew Luck right now is like the fake Turbo Man Arnold Schwarzenegger got on "Jingle all the Way"

21 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

But I didn’t see anywhere near enough to say he didn’t have control. The ball can move and did but there was nothing in any of the replays I saw that showed irrefutable proof to the contrary.

And yes, NE does get the benefit of these calls, as does Pitt. Why? It’s a good storyline.

Fair enough, just comes down to an opinion if the movement was in the control of the player.  For the most part one essentially needs the ball glued to his hands.  As for storyline, I agree, but I 

think ne going to Pitt in January is better that Pitt going to ne

13 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Anyway...

It was the right call, congrats on the win. Pitt normally gets all the calls so for that to get overturned I actually fell out of my chair laughing.

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Relay to much on Timing. Drew is no threat on the ground. The Pats Press coverage will kill the Saints.

What I honestly want is Falcons/Patriots and I am dead serious. If anyone HAS ANY CHANCE to beat the Pats, I am dead serious. It's Matt Ryan. Why? Since the more they play the Pats the closer the odds come to favoring them to win. lmao I love to play odds.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

Do you think the Saints have to rely more on the run this year though? Since if they do then the Pats will gear up to shut down the run IMO and dare Brees to beat them in the air with lackluster weapons.

Defensively the Saints seem to get a few turnovers a game or depend on it like in 2009. But their pass rush is really very bad for the most part.

Saints have a much better Defense than last year and a much better running game. Brees is 100% healthy. I am saying don't sleep on them. Getting that 2nd Ring is very important for a QB's legacy too. Peyton is even looked at differently after getting #2. Only 11 QB's have done that.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was the right call, congrats on the win. Pitt normally gets all the calls so for that to get overturned I actually fell out of my chair laughing.

That is so bad though. Imagine being a Steelers fan at that game and that one minute drive is going your way and is so exciting after that big run and you are jumping up and down. You appear to score on that TD and get over your nemesis and snatch homefield advantage and then they over turn it.

OMG.

If I was a Steelers fan I would be drinking.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saints have a much better Defense than last year and a much better running game. Brees is 100% healthy. I am saying don't sleep on them. Getting that 2nd Ring is very important for a QB's legacy too. Peyton is even looked at differently after getting #2. Only 11 QB's have done that.

I saw some Jets/Saints today. Saints got something going but I don't know........I won't count them out but I would not say to bet on them either.

I have to see them beat the Falcons next week to have more faith in them I think.

Saying the Saints have a much better D this year isn't tough though, it was historically bad in recent seasons.......

The Saints D though needs a turnover or two a game.........

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Okay screw the NFL. I am done for the season.

NBA full time for me from now on this year.

This is completely a sham job.

Just because it was the pats? Short term memory? It happened to Calvin Johnson few years back. So you weren’t upset all this time and now you are upset about it now?

Just saying.