Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-3) at Pittsburgh (12-17-17)

oldunclemark

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Vikes would be best off not making the SB and losing in a home game like that in front of all their fans as they watch all the calls go against them.

Saints are the only team that can beat them because they have Brees and have won it before, JMO. I have been on the Saints bandwagon all year though and said they would win their Division. I would love too see the Vikes in it but Case Keenum isn't beating Tommy in no SB.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The emotional roller coaster we just endured.. is the like the end of a Michael myers movie.. once again, i liken the NFL to a horror film.. the same outcome evey time

Nah Pats had it all the way like they do 90% of the time. Only the Manning's can take down Tommy and BB, anyone else is a piranha feast to them guys.

47 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I thought as long as you break the plane you're good. The ball came out AFTER he broke the plane, he controlled it getting it across the plane.

That'd a TD.

That was as cut and dry a call as they get...you have to control the ball through the ground on a catch whether your are breaking the plane or not. That wouldn't have been a catch if he caught it the 50 yard line...the goal line is irrelevant on that play.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saints are the only team that can beat them because they have Brees and have won it before, JMO. I have been on the Saints bandwagon all year though and said they would win their Division. I would love too see the Vikes in it but Case Keenum isn't beating Tommy in no SB.

Saints would get wholly plopped by the Pats and we both know it. Even if they could hang in there for a full half or so. This isn't 2009 and Jim Caldwell doesn't coach the Patriots and won't make dumb decisions like trying to kick a long FG with a replacement kicker who outdoors has a limited range etc.

Your best challenger in terms of match ups might be the Panthers sadly but I won't even bother having any hope on it anymore.

What really burns me though at times and stuff is that the Patriots really are not even all that amazing of a team. They aren't. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This made me sick. I could not believe it. I am afraid that I may do with the NFL what I did to the NBA after Lakers/Kings about 15 years ago -- not follow it. This is a travesty. How does New England win that?! 

:tvsmash:

Actually the call was the right call, James didn't have complete control of the ball when he crossed the plain of the endzone. Tony Dungy said it was the right call. I am shocked Pitt didn't get the call like they always do. I guess they met their match on getting calls when facing the Pats.

Just now, Bad Morty said:

That was as cut and dry a call as they get...you have to control the ball through the ground on a catch whether your are breaking the plane or not. That wouldn't have been a catch if he caught it the 50 yard line...the goal line is irrelevant on that play.

but when the heck did the ball hit the ground? At least with Dez's "catch" the ball hit the ground... with the Jets and Pitt the ball never left the guy.. how is it not a catch? clearly, i don't know how to catch a football.. 

Just now, Bad Morty said:

And here we go.........

The "it was the right call!!!!" parade right on cue.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This made me sick. I could not believe it. I am afraid that I may do with the NFL what I did to the NBA after Lakers/Kings about 15 years ago -- not follow it. This is a travesty. How does New England win that?! 

:tvsmash:

It was the right call even if it’s a crappy interpretation of the rule. The real problem is teams choke when it comes to the Pats....they have what it takes skill wise but they don’t have it up in the head. Things like dropping gimme ints and dumb penalties and play calling in the crunch separates NE from the rest. They aren’t the most talented....they just prepare for every scenario and step up when it’s time to make the plays.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually the call was the right call, James didn't have complete control of the ball when he crossed the plain of the endzone. Tony Dungy said it was the right call. I am shocked Pitt didn't get the call like they always do. I guess they met their match on getting calls when facing the Pats.

Dungy is a league mouthpiece at times.

Here is the problem though. If the Pats scored that TD, I doubt they take it away. They find the exact rules to use to help the Patriots in any circumstances, PERIOD. Since 2001.......since I was like in college for crying out loud I been watching this junk,

Just now, dgambill said:

It was the right call even if it’s a crappy interpretation of the rule. The real problem is teams choke when it comes to the Pats....they have what it takes skill wise but they don’t have it up in the head. Things like dropping gimme ints and dumb penalties and play calling in the crunch separates NE from the rest. They aren’t the most talented....they just prepare for every scenario and step up when it’s time to make the plays.

Ain't that the truth. I can't remember a luckier team.

Just now, Jules said:

And here we go.........

The "it was the right call!!!!" parade right on cue.

but...it was. If he had established himself as a runner and then fell across the plane and juggled, it's a TD. He hit the ground juggling in the process of completing the catch. People probably don't like that they consider the "lunge forward" to be considered part of "completing the catch"...I don't necessarily disagree with that. But they call that every time.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

but when the heck did the ball hit the ground? At least with Dez's "catch" the ball hit the ground... with the Jets and Pitt the ball never left the guy.. how is it not a catch? clearly, i don't know how to catch a football.. 

When you have a TD pass against NE you must have 1000% control and cradle the ball like a newborn baby in the endzone with zero doubt the ball will leave your hands or was going to leave your hands before.

3 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

Probably not true because it wouldn’t have been scrutinized as it was. These TD reviews have gone too far and it isn’t really just this call but it’s like they look for ways to overturn things and ruin the flow of games. I agree the call was right according to the rule....but I think he controlled the ball....just because it moved slightly doesn’t mean he didn’t clearly catch it....but that is the rule it can’t move so that’s the right call...it’s just a bad rule interpretation. Pitts deserved to lose...they should have picked it off on that last drive and they ran a horrible Seattle goal line play AGAIN how many times will teams try that against NE. The team that executed down the stretch won and that was NE as usual.

That rule is a perfect example of why the NFL is struggling.  

Don't be fooled. At this point, the only reason the NFL has decent ratings is because of Fantasy Football.   

Eventually that huge following will go away as players get paid more and ticket and cable prices keep increasing. 

I welcome the end of the NFL.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Probably not true because it wouldn’t have been scrutinized as it was. These TD reviews have gone too far and it isn’t really just this call but it’s like they look for ways to overturn things and ruin the flow of games. I agree the call was right according to the rule....but I think he controlled the ball....just because it moved slightly doesn’t mean he didn’t clearly catch it....but that is the rule it can’t move so that’s the right call...it’s just a bad rule interpretation. Pitts deserved to lose...they should have picked it off on that last drive and they ran a horrible Seattle goal line play AGAIN how many times will teams try that against NE. The team that executed down the stretch won and that was NE as usual.

well the onus would have been on the Pats to challenge it on the 50 (whereas the review is automatic on scoring plays)...however, assuming the play happened at midfield AND the Pats threw the red flag, it gets turned over for the same reason. It's not that the ball was moving a little...it's that it touched the ground while he was trying to reestablish control.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The call itself is not what bothered me although it is ridiculous. I just did not want the Pats to win and it appeared that they were headed for a loss and won. I worry that I may become cynical like that Buffalo fan. When that happens, I won't want to watch the games anymore. 

I hope the Pats don't make it to the Super Bowl. I don't want them to have the chance to win in my team's house.

13 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

but...it was. If he had established himself as a runner and then fell across the plane and juggled, it's a TD. He hit the ground juggling in the process of completing the catch. People probably don't like that they consider the "lunge forward" to be considered part of "completing the catch"...I don't necessarily disagree with that. But they call that every time.

I hate the Pats but I agree, based on the rule the call was correct. As soon as I seen the replay I knew it would get overturned.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Pitts deserved to lose...they should have picked it off on that last drive and they ran a horrible Seattle goal line play AGAIN how many times will teams try that against NE. The team that executed down the stretch won and that was NE as usual.

Meh.. i guess they should've picked it off. But Ju Ju made of for that blunder.. really the rule book won for the Pats. No big deal.. just HFA once again.. their 10th straight AFCCG.. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I worry that I may become cynical like that Buffalo fan. When that happens, I won't want to watch the games anymore.

LOL i think many of us have already.. just not as flamboyant as him. I tend to agree with most of his posts hahah. Now matter how ridiculous. The Patriots and everything around them have been ridiculous for awhile now

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The call itself is not what bothered me although it is ridiculous. I just did not want the Pats to win and it appeared that they were headed for a loss and won. I worry that I may become cynical like that Buffalo fan. When that happens, I won't want to watch the games anymore. 

I hope the Pats don't make it to the Super Bowl. I don't want them to have the chance to win in my team's house.

I hear ya but I think they do win it all. After last years SB I give up :lol: Atlanta leads 100-0 and blows it.

48 minutes ago, dgambill said:

All the teams with defenses that I think could beat NE have questionable qbs and the teams with qbs have questionable defenses. NE is the most complete team and will be playing at home.

Pitt has a great QB and their defense is not too bad. 

I know you like the Vikes D and you think highly of Sam Bradford. Bradford may be activated for the playoffs although I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You wanted them to beat Atlanta though.

For my boyfriend who is a Boston sports fan. I promised him if the Pats made the SB last year I would pull for the Pats that one time. I have lived in New England (Mass or NH)  since I was a kid when we moved from Indiana. I always kept this a secret from the forums but it's true. lmao I rarely get to Indy anymore. I only ever told a few where I lived.

The only team I kept rooting for from Indy is the Colts, I never had true loyalty to the Pacers.

I grew up in Indy but we moved when I was young to New England for my dad's work. I never had major issues with Pats fans either, they don't give women a tough time with it in real life. I am pretty used to fans of other teams. I know a few Steelers fans too and a Giants fan.

Mark (my boyfriend) isn't  as hardcore into football as most, it's his third sport. He is more into baseball and basketball and we do the Celtics thing together a lot. He likes the Pats but is not obsessed with them or anything, only gets into the postseason games usually at times and score watches weekly. We tease each other a lot about Colts/Pats and Lakers/Celtics/Lebron etc. And he knows I hate the Pats most of the time.

We are getting Celtics playoff tickets though, absolutely..........I been into Brad Stevens since he was coaching Butler so this is easy for me. And I always followed Kyrie Irving due to the Cavs.

He is a HARDCORE Red Sox fan but I have major issues getting into the Sox/Yankees stuff, it's too nuts.......he and his friends sound like whack jobs with baseball.

1 minute ago, Bad Morty said:

well the onus would have been on the Pats to challenge it on the 50 (whereas the review is automatic on scoring plays)...however, assuming the play happened at midfield AND the Pats threw the red flag, it gets turned over for the same reason. It's not that the ball was moving a little...it's that it touched the ground while he was trying to reestablish control.

No it wasn’t....he had control the whole time until he hit the ground and it moved in his hand....but it never left his grasp and it wasn’t moving when he went to the ground....he clearly caught it...then reached for the end zone and landed ball first and thus it moved in his hands...but he never lost control or grasp of it. The rule was that he didn’t survive the ground meaning he didn’t maintain control through the ground. It was the right call technically..as they interpret the ball moving slightly as not having control...I disagree but that’s the way they call it.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It doesn’t make you cynical....but if you give Tom Brady a second and third chance to win a game??? Does anyone not think he will? I knew he would.

Anyway I tell my man all the time the Pats are full of it and he don't care. lmao I think he even knows they get breaks. lmao 

Occasionally I want him to be happy with a Patriots win but this is going too far now.......

He often tells me the Colts will win and I am like: :lol: Oh stop........

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

For my boyfriend who is a Boston sports fan. I promised him if the Pats made the SB last year I would pull for the Pats that one time. I have lived in New England (Mass or NH)  since I was a kid when we moved from Indiana. I always kept this a secret from the forums but it's true. lmao I rarely get to Indy anymore. I only ever told a few where I lived.

The only team I kept rooting for from Indy is the Colts, I never had true loyalty to the Pacers.

I grew up in Indy but we moved when I was young to New England for my dad's work. I never had major issues with Pats fans either, they don't give women a tough time with it in real life. I am pretty used to fans of other teams. I know a few Steelers fans too and a Giants fan.

Mark (my boyfriend) isn't  as hardcore into football as most, it's his third sport. He is more into baseball and basketball and we do the Celtics thing together a lot. He likes the Pats but is not obsessed with them or anything, only gets into the postseason games usually at times and score watches weekly. We tease each other a lot about Colts/Pats and Lakers/Celtics/Lebron etc. And he knows I hate the Pats most of the time.

We are getting Celtics playoff tickets though, absolutely..........I been into Brad Stevens since he was coaching Butler so this is easy for me. And I always followed Kyrie Irving due to the Cavs.

He is a HARDCORE Red Sox fan but I have major issues getting into the Sox/Yankees stuff, it's too nuts.......he and his friends sound like whack jobs with baseball.

Great stuff Jules. You are one of the best Posters here and my friend and I respect your honesty on an open forum. See you need to get into Baseball like your BF lmao . I love Baseball too. RedSox fans are like Cubs fans very loyal. Anymore to be honest, I love Baseball more than Football but the Cubs are Great right now. I love Football/Basketball/Baseball about the same in reality.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Pitt has a great QB and their defense is not too bad. 

I know you like the Vikes D and you think highly of Sam Bradford. Bradford may be activated for the playoffs although I doubt it. 

Steelers lost a couple secondary guys and now Shazier....that defense isn’t the same...and may have lost Brown for the season too. No way Sam plays unless there are injuries...I like Minnesota I do....I think Carolina might be the best team to beat NE now because of Cam being the X factor and shredding that defense on th ground and they have a decent defense. That said I’d probably root for NE because I’m not a fan of anyone on that team.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great stuff Jules. You are one of the best Posters here and my friend and I respect your honesty on an open forum. See you need to get into Baseball like your BF lmao . I love Baseball too. RedSox fans are like Cubs fans very loyal. Anymore to be honest, I love Baseball more than Football but the Cubs are Great right now. I love Football/Basketball/Baseball about the same in reality.

I’m pretty jaded in professional sports...I love college basketball the most though....and so happy IU got that big win this weekend...they really need to turn the corner and get back to relevance....my favorite memories outside 2006 are all IU b-ball in the 80s and early 90s

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Steelers lost a couple secondary guys and now Shazier....that defense isn’t the same...and may have lost Brown for the season too. No way Sam plays unless there are injuries...I like Minnesota I do....I think Carolina might be the best team to beat NE now because of Cam being the X factor and shredding that defense on th ground and they have a decent defense. That said I’d probably root for NE because I’m not a fan of anyone on that team.

Cam, Russel, Rodgers.. basically teams that don't relay on timing.. guys that make it up as you go. 

I've avoided Patriots games all year since I know how they normally end.

Only watched this one because of the fantasy stakes involved for me. My Super Bowl ticket is pretty much punched in as long as Cook and Prescott don't score like 50 points each.

I should have a FOX game to watch next week instead of the Bills/Patriots dumpster fire that we'll get.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It doesn’t make you cynical....but if you give Tom Brady a second and third chance to win a game??? Does anyone not think he will? I knew he would.

All the calls seem to go the Pats way. After a while, you become suspicious and start questioning the integrity of the game. Do you recall that Detroit-Dallas game a few years ago. All the calls seemed to go against Detroit. 

I did not think Tom Brady looked good today. Many of his passes were off.