Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matthias Farley - Trade Bait??

Valpo2004

He's not going anywhere, 1 he was a free agent we would get nothing for him! 2 I think IMO he is a marginal starter he is a strong safety who is to small, given that if he improves next year as much as he has this year you might have a good starter! 3 Both starters are injury prone In fact hooker won't be ready for camp! I think you keep him and green and that might be 4 decent safeties you will probaley need 1 extra because of Hooker and Gearthers injury history!

15 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

He's not going anywhere, 1 he was a free agent we would get nothing for him! 2 I think IMO he is a marginal starter he is a strong safety who is to small, given that if he improves next year as much as he has this year you might have a good starter! 3 Both starters are injury prone In fact hooker won't be ready for camp! I think you keep him and green and that might be 4 decent safeties you will probaley need 1 extra because of Hooker and Gearthers injury history!

Where did you hear that Hooker wont be ready for camp? Just wondering.

I can't lie I wasn't a fan of Farley early on, but he's definitely earned a spot on this team next year.

It's huge that he doesn't get hurt. We can't seem to get anyone to last an entire season. He reminds me of a poor man's Bethea.

14 hours ago, DougDew said:

Sunk cost.  Earl Thomas is a lot stouter than Hooker and is a better all around player, he's not just a centerfielder.

Wilson has the size, speed, tackling and ball skills to be a FS, and actual coverage skills and experience as well.  During the draft, scouts thought he would make a good FS if he didn't work out as a CB.  

The only thing that Wilson has on Hooker is size. Hooker is faster, much much better ball skills, was a better tackler than expected and of course Earl Thomas is better than Hooker but Hooker has only played in 7 games he'll get better. And if you're going to drop what scouts said then some scouts compared Hooker to Ed Reed. Are you ready to give up on someone that scouts said could be a player similar to one of the best FS of all time after just a year? When in that year he nabbed 3 picks in 7 games?   

5 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

An ACL usually takes a year he was hurt mid season? I would say it's common sense!

It's closer to 9 months, 12 if he totally blew it up, he might be limited in camp but without a setback he should be there.

You guys are trippin man. The kids been really good this year, and will continue to get better. He'll be starting over Geathers. Geathers should be a backup, Dime/situational ILB. If not full time ILB. Farley and Hooker will be one of the top 3 safety duos in the NFL next year.

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

You guys are trippin man. The kids been really good this year, and will continue to get better. He'll be starting over Geathers. Geathers should be a backup, Dime/situational ILB. If not full time ILB. Farley and Hooker will be one of the top 3 safety duos in the NFL next year.

100% with you on this one. Whatever half these people are on, I want some. Farley has been one of the few bright spots this year. He’s playing some darn good football right now, and deserves to play that SS position for the Colts for some time.

25 minutes ago, Exodus said:

100% with you on this one. Whatever half these people are on, I want some. Farley has been one of the few bright spots this year. He’s playing some darn good football right now, and deserves to play that SS position for the Colts for some time.

100. First year starting. 2nd season overall.all around safety who'll just get better and better. Its like. OK. We have one issue solved. We have our starting safety duo for the next  10years, PLUS Clayton as a 3rd option. Why mess that up and create another hole ??? Makes no sense. I mean  Hooker sould be a pro bowler, and Farley is an all around safety who'll really get some league wide recognition, he and Hooker next season because Luck back, high draft picks/80-90 million in cap room, it'll be on. We'll be a top tier team and get some recognition. Trading away any of our good young players is dumb as ____. I cant believe some still don't see how good Farley is and will be.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, DougDew said:

I think Malik Hooker should be trade bait.

A ridiculous post like this should be completely ignored. It was only started to get a rise out of someone and start a big argument. If you ignore posts like this hopefully after awhile he may stop posting.