Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Every Colts fan should be hoping for Toub. Here's why..

Indeee

Over the past few seasons I think we'd all agree that the Colts have had a lot of injuries minor and major. This almost always equates to "strength and conditioning". 

Amongst all the uncertainties regarding Toub potentially becoming a HC, this guy does have an almost stellar track record from "strength and conditioning" experience. I believe if hired his mark in this area will be felt in this area 10 fold and lord knows we need it. Not to mention, he may even convince Nagy to come along, if Nagy doesn't get offered a HC position elsewhere and keep this in mind for all you Marlon Mack supporters.

Kansas City has 90% always believed in a 3 down back. Virtually no time share here. So under Toub Mack will get his shot to do it all.

Lol, why cant we hire him or some other superior strength & conditioning coach AND get a PROVEN HC?

And if Toub is HC won't someone else be hired as  S&C coach? His time will spent on being a HC not his former duties.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Over the past few seasons I think we'd all agree that the Colts have had a lot of injuries minor and major. This almost always equates to "strength and conditioning". 

Amongst all the uncertainties regarding Toub potentially becoming a HC, this guy does have an almost stellar track record from "strength and conditioning" experience. I believe if hired his mark in this area will be felt in this area 10 fold and lord knows we need it. Not to mention, he may even convince Nagy to come along, if Nagy doesn't get offered a HC position elsewhere and keep this in mind for all you Marlon Mack supporters.

Kansas City has 90% always believed in a 3 down back. Virtually no time share here. So under Toub Mack will get his shot to do it all.

I like Mack as a #2 back but I think we need someone who's better between the tackles.  Mack's pretty good on outside runs, but he doesn't seem to be that good between the tackles. 

31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Lol, why cant we hire him or some other superior strength & conditioning coach AND get a PROVEN HC?

And if Toub is HC won't someone else be hired as  S&C coach? His time will spent on being a HC not his former duties.

Are you serious here? A HC will have his stamp/should have his stamp on all facets of the team, one being Strength and conditioning.

And yet, according to this quote from an NFL.com article ...

Keep an eye on Andy Reid's recently promoted play-caller Matt Nagy, who worked with Ballard in Kansas City. Nagy comes with a glowing endorsement from Reid, who has told SiriusXM NFL Radio's Adam Caplan that his current offensive coordinator is the best head coaching prospect he's had in the past two decades.

... Toub isn’t even the best head coach prospect on KC.   

I still say I will be shocked if Toub is tagged as the next HC of the Colts.  I just don’t see him as adequately experienced enough or deserving of such a marquee role.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Irsay isn't gonna make the mistake of hiring a first time head coach again.  Not gonna happen.  a re-tread is possible as is looking at someone in the college realm.  the only first time HC i could see irsay hiring is Manning and I think Peyton would probably want more of a front office role

1 hour ago, Dark Superman said:

Hiring an STC to a Head Coaching role scares me to death.

Jim Harbaugh did it and it worked out pretty well for him and the Ravens.  Plus, Toub has a lot of experience and was very involved on both sides of the ball, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Jim Harbaugh did it and it worked out pretty well for him and the Ravens.  Plus, Toub has a lot of experience and was very involved on both sides of the ball, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that.

I just hope whoever the Colts hire next to be their HC ends up being a slamdunk.

I am going to be a little nervous until our new coach proves himself.

It's going to be very interesting to see who Ballard brings in to be our new head coach.

1 hour ago, Dark Superman said:

Hiring an STC to a Head Coaching role scares me to death.

It shouldn’t. Look at Pagano for example. His ‘defensive mind’ never showed up because our defense was so terrible. S&C is something off the field so that should show up, so we won’t be as injury plagued (speculation). We need someone new, and I think Ballard and Irsay are probably going to be working together on this hire and will go through a solid evaluation process to determine whether they are qualified or not. 

I don’t know this for fact, but I believe that next year we could have a really good season. A trade back seems inevitable and we may be able to land 2 top offensive linemen. If Kelly or Person can move to guard, that could also be a situation of curiosity. Both are elite at center. 

58 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Keep an eye on Andy Reid's recently promoted play-caller Matt Nagy, who worked with Ballard in Kansas City. Nagy comes with a glowing endorsement from Reid, who has told SiriusXM NFL Radio's Adam Caplan that his current offensive coordinator is the best head coaching prospect he's had in the past two decades.

I still say I will be shocked if Toub is tagged as the next HC of the Colts.  I just don’t see him as adequately experienced enough or deserving of such a marquee role.

That quote speaks volumes to me.  The best HC prospect he's had in two decades!  Better than Toub.  If we had to go for a 1st. timer he would have to be at the top of Ballards list.  But, I still think we are hiring a veteran HC. 

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It shouldn’t. Look at Pagano for example. His ‘defensive mind’ never showed up because our defense was so terrible. S&C is something off the field so that should show up, so we won’t be as injury plagued (speculation). We need someone new, and I think Ballard and Irsay are probably going to be working together on this hire and will go through a solid evaluation process to determine whether they are qualified or not. 

I don’t know this for fact, but I believe that next year we could have a really good season. A trade back seems inevitable and we may be able to land 2 top offensive linemen. If Kelly or Person can move to guard, that could also be a situation of curiosity. Both are elite at center. 

I would be in favor of a trade back, but I don't think it is inevitable unless somehow the Giants win a game and we get the #2 pick. Finding a trading partner might be difficult because so few teams have 2 first round picks this year.

6 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I would be in favor of a trade back, but I don't think it is inevitable unless somehow the Giants win a game and we get the #2 pick. Finding a trading partner might be difficult because so few teams have 2 first round picks this year.

I'm thinking the Bills.  They have two 1st. round picks although later in the round.  They could sweeten it with a player  or more picks. 

Who knows.  Ballard is all about competition, right?  I doubt he has his mind set on anyone.  If someone else blows him away in the interview process, he will probably hire him, and it might be someone no one is currently considering.

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

Who knows.  Ballard is all about competition, right?  I doubt he has his mind set on anyone.  If someone else blows him away in the interview process, he will probably hire him, and it might be someone no one is currently considering.

i agree.  he most likely has a list somewhere in his office of guys to check deeper in to and that's probably it.

40 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I would think they would have to sweeten it some. If the season ended right now they would have picks #21 and #22. Quite a step down from #3.

i wouldnt take that.  it doesnt add up on the trade chart either

they would have to throw in their second and that still comes up a little short.  i would probably take it if they did though 

52 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I would think they would have to sweeten it some. If the season ended right now they would have picks #21 and #22. Quite a step down from #3.

That is a big step down.  I read 15 and 21 so apparently a lot can happen between now and the end of the year.  I think they also have two no. 2's. 

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I like Mack as a #2 back but I think we need someone who's better between the tackles.  Mack's pretty good on outside runs, but he doesn't seem to be that good between the tackles. 

It's more of the o line not making a hole than mack because mack had some nice runs in some tight holes but he is better for the outside runs

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

100% agree. Mack is a 10-15 carry a game type of back, at least right now in his career. We need somebody like Frank Gore, who is younger, more elusive, and a better pass catching back than Gore. But he still needs to be a bruiser, so Mack can make a better impact against a worn out D. 

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I feel like this is hard to judge.  He does seem to get bottled up some inside, but in the Denver game there was a run, possibly two where he moved the pile for a first down.  The biggest thing with Mack is he rarely even get 10 carries, yet he has big plays.  This to me says with a full workload, say 15-20 carries a game, he will probably deliver a big play or two.  I think he is a little undervalued by some,but I will admit I am not 100% sure he will be a work horse back....but I feel like because of his big play ability and the fact he is only a rookie and will improve, he should get a shot at it to start next year.

41 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

100% agree. Mack is a 10-15 carry a game type of back, at least right now in his career. We need somebody like Frank Gore, who is younger, more elusive, and a better pass catching back than Gore. But he still needs to be a bruiser, so Mack can make a better impact against a worn out D. 

We need a big bruising back that will wear down defenses to compliment Mack. 

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

To trade down, I would want a number one this year that is high enough to still get Quenton Nelson, an additional 2nd rounder this year, and an additional 1st rounder next year.

They RGIII made a good point on NFL Live is we can't fix all the holes this team has in one offseason. So focus on one side of the ball like offense. I believe we could trade down and get some O-lineman to build the O-line. I think it's very important especially if Luck comes back. I think it's going to take time to fix things. But haven't said that the 98 Colts were 3-13 and the 1999 Colts were 13-3 so it can be done. 

5 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I think the timing of this quote would be important.

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don’t want a proven head coach. Every decent proven head coach is a head coach right now. If they aren’t a head coach at the moment there is a reason why! Why would we fire Chuck Pagano who “lead us to the afc championship” to hire someone else’s garbage and recently fired head coach? If we are going to wipe the slay clean and fire chuck then we need to find someone who can take us to the level chuck couldn’t, not hire someone else that couldn’t take his team to the next level either.