Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ross Travis

Dark Superman

I really liked what I saw out of Ross Travis tonight. The dude is 6'7 and showed off some impressive speed, which he used to create separation on a few plays that ended with him catching the ball.

He also showed some emotion on the plays he was involved in, which is always something I always admired.

He's a project, but if he can continue to grow, who knows? Maybe he could turn out to be a diamond in the rough for us. Maybe our poor man's Jimmy Graham. I'll be rooting for this kid either way.

1 hour ago, Dark Superman said:

Exactly! I saw so much potential in what I saw out of Travis tonight. I could see him increasing his role here in Indianapolis.

Having a 6'7 target with a wicked tattoo on his arm and plays with an edge is what this offense needs!

So what does a wicked tattoo on his arm have to do with him playing football?

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Mentioned him in the chat and complimented him. Has 4'6 speed as a 6'7 guy, looks pretty physical. I think he should be the number two TE behind Doyle, honestly. Hope to see more of him next week.

I wish we'd get rid of that Brandon Williams.  Definition of mediocrity

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

I actually don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. Haven't seen enough Colts games this year. The word "that" in your comment makes me think that you think Williams is good though. I haven't seen him at all to judge him.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. Haven't seen enough Colts games this year. The word "that" in your comment makes me think that you think Williams is good though. I haven't seen him at all to judge him.

No I don't think Williams is good.   He's barely mediocre

2 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I don't see Williams or Daniels as much of receiving threats. Travis perhaps has more to offer than they do. Swoope should be back next year too. He ran some very nice seam routes last year. Limited sample size, but still.

I didn't see the game last night, but I like some of the intangibles Travis has.

If he's as good as what it sounds like then that would be a nice trio to have

between Travis, Swoope, and Doyle.   Still have Mo Ali Cox developing too

so it sounds like we might have something to work with next year maybe.

Ballard seems to be doing a pretty good job scouring the waiver wires and finding serviceable UDFAs. Churning the bottom of the roster. Of course with as many injuries as we've had, he's forced to replace a lot of guys with who is ever out there and available on short notice.

I was impressed with how Travis played last night. If he can play up to his potential he could be a deadly receiving threat in the red zone with his height and being a former basketball player he will be able to get up and get the ball.

There was one time I noticed while watching the game, although I hated the skycam view for most of the game, there was one play where Brissett threw the ball away, but Travis was running wide open down the sideline and may have scored is the ball was thrown to him. I think even Tirico or Collinsworth noticed he was open also on that play. 

9 minutes ago, Fisher8820 said:

I was impressed with how Travis played last night. If he can play up to his potential he could be a deadly receiving threat in the red zone with his height and being a former basketball player he will be able to get up and get the ball.

There was one time I noticed while watching the game, although I hated the skycam view for most of the game, there was one play where Brissett threw the ball away, but Travis was running wide open down the sideline and may have scored is the ball was thrown to him. I think even Tirico or Collinsworth noticed he was open also on that play. 

Yes, I saw that as well and I believe it was Collinsworth who commented on it.

11 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

I really liked what I saw out of Ross Travis tonight. The dude is 6'7 and showed off some impressive speed, which he used to create separation on a few plays that ended with him catching the ball.

He also showed some emotion on the plays he was involved in, which is always something I always admired.

He's a project, but if he can continue to grow, who knows? Maybe he could turn out to be a diamond in the rough for us. Maybe our poor man's Jimmy Graham. I'll be rooting for this kid either way.

That's what I think Swoope could still be if he gets that knee healthy and stays that way.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Well you got your wish....he suffered a horrible head injury last night and was taken off on a stretcher....so there you go. While he doesn't provide much in the passing game he was a pretty decent blocker....which is something our TEs need work on....Doyle included.....just not impressed with their H-Back skills when we use them like a fullback.

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

He plays like a male versin of Coby Fleener.

haha

Does that mean he can block...or just that he doesn't play scared to get hit....honest question because he caught the ball well last night (of course Denver's LBs are trash in coverage) but I didn't see him helping our inline blocking or lead blocking last night.....I think Doyle got that money and now doesn't want to do the dirty work...not very happy with our TEs.

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Does that mean he can block...or just that he doesn't play scared to get hit....honest question because he caught the ball well last night (of course Denver's LBs are trash in coverage) but I didn't see him helping our inline blocking or lead blocking last night.....I think Doyle got that money and now doesn't want to do the dirty work...not very happy with our TEs.

It was a joke.

i always thought Fleener played a little timidly for his size.  He wasnt as physical as i'd like a TE to be.  I liked him as a receiver, but he got pushed around .

and i respectfully disagree about Doyle.  I think he does whatever asked.  And i think he does it pretty well too.  Im not sure that he is worth the big contract (not many are), but without him on the team, our TE position would be very weak.  Whats the guy gotta do?  He's unselfish, a good blocker, and is leading the team in receiving.

You look for the little positives in a season like this. The Colts need another TE; its great to see a young guy step up and assert himself in the middle of this misery. I hope the team gives Ross Travis a chance to shine; unlike most of the Colt players, he acts like he understands that he's auditioning for a job next year. 

25 minutes ago, Hoose said:

You look for the little positives in a season like this. The Colts need another TE; its great to see a young guy step up and assert himself in the middle of this misery. I hope the team gives Ross Travis a chance to shine; unlike most of the Colt players, he acts like he understands that he's auditioning for a job next year. 

This kind of speed, we are desperate for it. He was doing Moncriefs  job.
A speed player like that and a quality in line blocker and you have something.

11 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Awful lot of excitement for a guy that has played in  19 games with 6 starts and has 10 catches for 91 yards.in 2 years in the league.

This fan base hasn't had much to be excited about all season long.

As I noted elsewhere in this thread,   if he turns into something, then that's a win.    

Take your wins where you can find them.