Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Color Rush unis

IinD

What's everything thinking about these things? 

Anyone own one?

Hard to tell the difference, but I hope they look a little more like the blue we had in the 80's.

I feel like the blue nowadays doesn't look as blue as it did in the Hoosier Dome days. I could be totally wrong about the color thing.

Screenshot_2017-12-14-12-14-47.png

17 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I dig the all blue uniforms with white helmets..... wish they would wear them more often.

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I'll wait to see how they look during the game, but I'm wondering why they're not going with the blue helmets, also.

Yeah, I like the blue pants and jersey but the white helmet needs to stay. The white with the blue shoe helmet is the one thing that has always stood out IMO.

They appear to look nice.....nice pop of color....that said they will likely play so putrid tonight we may never see them wear them again! I'm not looking forward to the game tonight honestly. After a rough game against Buffalo in the snow and OT then travel all the way out west for a Thursday night game at Mile High Stadium.....I will be very surprised if we don't gas out by the second half.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They appear to look nice.....nice pop of color....that said they will likely play so putrid tonight we may never see them wear them again! I'm not looking forward to the game tonight honestly. After a rough game against Buffalo in the snow and OT then travel all the way out west for a Thursday night game at Mile High Stadium.....I will be very surprised if we don't gas out by the second half.

I don't think it matters who plays on Thursday night. All the Thursday night

games sucked except for one this season.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

What's everything thinking about these things? 

Anyone own one?

Hard to tell the difference, but I hope they look a little more like the blue we had in the 80's.

I feel like the blue nowadays doesn't look as blue as it did in the Hoosier Dome days. I could be totally wrong about the color thing.

Screenshot_2017-12-14-12-14-47.png

The blue today is very close to 80s blue.  It was in the 90s/early2000s when it became lighter.  In the 2000's, they returned to the darker shade.

One 80s difference:  for a few years, they had gray pants/stripes.  I liked the gray.  If they made any change, I would be fine with an alternate gray jersey or gray pants.  Don't like the blue pants, personally.

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The Colts are home tonight.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think it matters who plays on Thursday night. All the Thursday night

games sucked except for one this season.

Yep...because so many guys have to sit out because they need the extra time to heal and can't play. I hate Thursday night games. Why can't they come after the bye? No practice prep time plus no time to heal and you get poor performance. One team usually comes in fired up and ready and the other doesn't....same thing with the London games too. It's bad TV.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Um...... its a home game at Lucas Oil Stadium...........

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

I'll wait to see how they look during the game, but I'm wondering why they're not going with the blue helmets, also.

The league put a rule in a few years ago that prevents changing helmets in season.  The rule came to be after it was "communicated to the league that changing helmet shells during the season may leave players more susceptible to head injuries."

11 minutes ago, J@son said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the colts in something different for a change

Same.  

I loved last week's game and am thankful Mother Nature somehow made a game with a 3-win team interesting.  This week is not quite to that level but at least we get something different.  Anything to make the last quarter of the season palatable.

2 hours ago, #12. said:

The blue today is very close to 80s blue.  It was in the 90s/early2000s when it became lighter.  In the 2000's, they returned to the darker shade.

One 80s difference:  for a few years, they had gray pants/stripes.  I liked the gray.  If they made any change, I would be fine with an alternate gray jersey or gray pants.  Don't like the blue pants, personally.

Yeah like I said I could be totally wrong on what I'm seeing.

I had totally forgotten the grey for a few years. Good one.

I'm really curious to see how these look tonight.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

The league put a rule in a few years ago that prevents changing helmets in season.  The rule came to be after it was "communicated to the league that changing helmet shells during the season may leave players more susceptible to head injuries."

Right on!, but this ruling still makes ZERO sense to me......since they are all custom fitted to the player, it seems to me you could make a helmet every color of the rainbow, as long as the manufacturer and fit were identical....its not like the color has any effect on head injury; severity or frequency....and don't get me started about sticker logos lol

4 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Gotta admit the Colts one is classy. As a rule,I wish color rush was outlawed for the stupidity it is. Most of the others (especially the orange ones) look like popsicles.

I always hated the entire concept of Color Rush uniforms. The original idea was having neither team were white. Not a single current or former player who is colorblind knew about it, and the result was a huge embarrassment for Nike and the NFL. Ironically, they kicked it off with the Bills/Jets game, which looked colorLESS to many people.

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

The league put a rule in a few years ago that prevents changing helmets in season. The rule came to be after it was "communicated to the league that changing helmet shells during the season may leave players more susceptible to head injuries."

Hmmm. Nike made Jacksonville's uniforms. If they made Color Rush helmets for a Jaguars game why would it increase the risk of head injuries? (I personally am glad Jacksonville did not have a Color Rush game this year.)

19 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Broncos wore retro helmets. How's that not different?

I've followed the Colts since the 1950s, so i like the classic unis.  But, if they changed, I'd vote for keeping the same home one, changing to white shirts, blue pants, blue helmets on the road.  Maybe even on the blue helmet, adding a SMU type pony in white.  Not the 1950s blue helmet tho....