Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers medically cleared to return

chad72

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their schedule is brutal, I doubt they get in but I do love me some Rodgers!

They can do it. 

But we also have to see if Rodgers looks like his old self too.

At the very least he makes the end of the season more interesting now.......

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

They can do it. 

But we also have to see if Rodgers looks like his old self too.

At the very least he makes the end of the season more interesting now.......

It will have to be a Wildcard and they have to beat Carolina because Carolina is ahead of them. If you look at the standings it doesn't favor them.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will have to be a Wildcard and they have to beat Carolina because Carolina is ahead of them. If you look at the standings it doesn't favor them.

The NFL would love nothing more than a Rodgers postseason trip again this year with Wentz out and a lackluster cast in the league as a whole unless you can't get enough Pats/Steelers. Lets see how it all works out and if it happens.

Going to be tough though.

But even if they got in, not sure the Packers have the chops to make a serious run but if Rodgers is his old self anything is possible. We know all too well here what a great QB means to a team and how uplifting he is.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

The NFL would love nothing more than a Rodgers postseason trip again this year with Wentz out and a lackluster cast in the league as a whole unless you can't get enough Pats/Steelers. Lets see how it all works out and if it happens.

Going to be tough though.

But even if they got in, not sure the Packers have the chops to make a serious run but if Rodgers is his old self anything is possible. We know all too well here what a great QB means to a team and how uplifting he is.

If GB gets in that would make the NFC a lot more fun. I hope it happens. They need to win out for it to happen but it could.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If GB gets in that would make the NFC a lot more fun. I hope it happens. They need to win out for it to happen but it could.

Well on the plus side Rodgers is due for some wins. haha 

Hey I did pick GB to win it all and I won't say it's over till it's over!!!!!! lmao I mean it was over but somehow it's still sort of alive. lmao 

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Yes!!!!

Now get the Pack in the playoffs and save the postseason.

nfl_a_arod2ts_57611.jpg

I can't help it, will always fall back on the Packers bandwagon. lmaolmaolmao 

Me too! My NFC team.. although i did admit to hoping on the Vikings Bandwagon when Rodgers got hurt.. 

But how many times has Rodgers done this? This will be the 3rd time right??

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they do squeak in I wouldn't want to play them. They will be a real tough out.

They did win it all as a wild card and Rodgers missed a game due to a concussion then, if I remember right. 

Plus, they needed an Eagles punt return TD from DeSean Jackson to squeak in as a #6 seed wild card to knock out the Giants from that last wild card spot.

Wild card is the only possibility here, for which they need to run the table (beat Panthers, Vikings and Lions), and have the Panthers lose to the Falcons in game 16 in the last week and the Rams to beat the Seahawks to give Seahawks that 6th critical loss thus squeaking in as a #6 wild card with tie-breaker wins over Panthers and Seahawks. Tough order but they can only control what they can control, which is win out from now onwards.

12 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I won't automatically assume the Packers will be in the playoffs until I see how Rodgers does. If he's not completely healed, it could be a factor. If he's back to his old self, great! But am proceeding with caution until I know more. 

The most recent report was his collarbone is 80% healed and Aaron Rodgers can play because of the surgery to add a plate and screws. He expects to be rusty, but not limited, against the Panthers.

What sucks is how close the Packers came to beating the Steelers a few weeks ago. They could use that win right now. But Pittsburgh has been getting those close wins for a while.

I think the toughest game for them might honestly be this weekend going to Carolina. Carolina is no joke and it's on the road.

If the Packers can get by this weekend and Rodgers looks good then I think they can pull this off and likely get a few ref breaks in the final few.